JUST STARTING??? Join this Team so we all encourage one another :)

Hi all, started on the 5th had first official weigh in on saturday and showed a 5lb loss, but have been weighing myself at home when not full of water and showed 8lb- not sure which to go by?

not found myself too hungry more psychological for me, todays been particularly bad, had family round and lots of nice food in the house, smell is driving me crazy- but have been good- woo!

trying to lose around 5 stone, not sure what would be realistic time either- any help?

just starting

Hi I am starting tomorrow and need all the support I can get. I've started the diet before but only lasted for a week.

This time I mean to stick to it to the end as I know it really works.

I have about 6.5 stone to lose.

Last edited:
I love reading how everybody is doing. Day 7 for me. Feel ok. I like the fact that I don't have any choice about what I am eating and can't sneak things whilst stood in front of the fridge and then pretend it doesn't count ! I'm dis-solve a sweetner in hot water and stir it in to my porridge, that makes it bit nicer. Hated porridge first day but its an acquired taste and its nice having something you can heat with a spoon and take a bit of time over. Broccili and cheese soup worse thing so far, was grey/green and full of pepper, YUK ! Like pretty much everything else now. Got couple of nights out coming up, they're going to be hard. How can I get through a chinese meal ? It's my friend's 40th birthday party and really have to go. Have a meeting with my CDC before then so will have to chat to her about it.

Hi Mumpy, I have 5 stone to go, from 15 to 10 and hope to get there by May, a stone a month is about right so long as you stick to it 100%. Fingers crossed for tomorrows weigh in. xxxxxxxxx

hi sammy lammy, our start and finishes are pretty much the same im 5' 6 too, which is great to see!! it'd be nice to keep up to date with your progress

i think may is a good time as its my bf birthday and it'd be nice to be thinner for then i've put my target at 9st but its really 9.5 as thats what i used to be (seems like such a long time ago:( ).

are you weighing yourself or waiting for your weekly weigh ins?

Hi All my second week weigh in is on Thursday so don't feel too bad now. All the comments you have talked about do pass, and Bonzo I agree with you about not telling people as they are all too quick to judge and say what an unhealthy diet it is. I like having the food taken out of the equation because for me its easier so that's that!!!! Onwards and upwards and downwards on the scales xxx

Feel bit jealous that you are all getting weighed. My CDC does once per fortnight. I've been on my own scales but its not the same as an official weigh in. Definately going in right direction though. Feel bit hungry today, best get some water down ! Looking forward to having the flavoured water, will make a nice change. Think my work trousers feel bit slacker today so that's nice feeling. How often are you all checking ketosis ? i'm bit paranoid and want to check all the time just to make sure I'm still there ! Only done two so far but if I had more sticks I'd be checking every day !

Hi Dobo I have never checked if I am in Ketosis I just go by the way I feel. My partner told me my breath was sickly sweet after 3/4 days so that was good enough for me. Just keep drinking the water and sticking to the plan and the results will be fab. xx

Hey Dado, i check all the time too... kinda like once a day which is sad i know but i too need to know if i am in Ketosis.... i got weight today and well it doindt go well i only lost 4ib and to be fair i ate something yesterday which i knew i shouldn't have.... the worse thing is i think my CDC was really annoyed with me and now put me in a bad mood.... i know that im a hard customer casue i find it hard sticking to this but oits the best i have ever done since i started in october (had a months break as couldn't afford it) So i was really happy but then after seeing her reaction i felt really crappy.

I want to stick to it and I dont want to excuse why i cracked.... whats worse is that i was trying to ask for advice what i do about my birthday next week and she just got a bit moody and said it wasnt rocket sience... just stick to protine and not carbs.

I know they are meant to help but I feel like shes is getting annoyed that im not sticking to it like i should. I feel like every one on this diet is coming from a different journey and i know for me i was really proud for sticking to this when often I would just not care....

sorry for randing on just it really bothered me.... though in a good note i did stick to going to the gym 4 time last week!!!!! :) hope every ones day is going better

DAY 3 ON SS!!

Hi All, its my 3rd day on sole source and I am just getting used it now! Bit of a drag getting used to all that water consumption but feel the worst bit is over..well, hope so!

Good luck to you all, especially anyone like me (a restarter), been there before and we know it works - just keep peservering - it will be worth it in a few weeks time!! Got my first WI on Thursday nite...

Paulinexx:wave_cry:

keep up the good work Pauline u have gotten through the toughest bit the diet and i know that when thursday come you will very happy :)

Marti Xia

Sounds as though your CDC was having a bad day but thats no excuse. I thought that being a cd COUNCELLOR she's supposed to give you some support - doesn't sound as though she's doing a great job!!!!! Don't be disheartened...... a 4lb loss is soooooo much better than a 4lb gain!!!!!!

Marti, ignore your lame CDC she shouldn't give you any grief, but support. Since you're not getting it from her, you can get it from all of us here! So keep it up, we can all do it if we stick to it. And going ot the gym 4 times is no small feat! Keep it up!

Have just had my first weigh in and ......... :) I lost 12lbs :) in my first week......I must have eaten really well over Christmas!!!

I am so pleased. I have stuck to the diet 100%, without even a tiny slip, plus its my first week so usually a good weight loss anyway. I am confident I'll be able to stay on the straight and narrow until I get to where I want to be.........

Looking back (NOW THAT IT'S OVER), this first week wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I'm no longer hungry, in fact have to make myself have my shakes BUT it is boring and thats why I'll need all the willpower I can muster over the coming months.

well done bonzo, try looking at the other threads about how you can vary things to help with the boredom, you can do it x

Hola

Hello folks
I am new to this forum but not new to Cambridge.
August 07 I started and December 07 I finished I lost 6 stones!
January 2009 I have now put it all back on. Need to lose it all over again and need an extra kick up my bum - any support would be appreciated.
Starting Thursday and am filled with anxiety! Help please

xx :break_diet:

Back