Just starting

Big Kevin

Hello,

I just started today. I have been reading about, thinking about starting for the last month :sigh:

Started at a gym 2 weeks ago and I guess I enjoy getting out of the office for an hour 3 lunch times a week.

I mixed a vanilla shake this morning and the taste and texture of the result is going to be a big issue for me. To put it bluntly it was disgusting :( I followed the instructions ( I think ) but all I ended up with was three quarters of a pint of lumpy sweet milk. Please any tips on how to make this better will be greatly appreciated.

I will try the chicken soup this evening - hopefully that will be better.

I really want to make this work.

Can't help you i'm afraid as I haven't done Lipotrim but just wanted to pop in and wish you good luck. You will find loads of support and help here. Many people find that keeping a diary helps. There are many success stories to keep you inspired and motivated.

Hi Kevin, welcome and good luck!

Yeah...you need to make the shakes as palatable as possible and for me this means using a blender or stick whisk and loads of ice! A couple of spoons of coffee in the vanilla makes quite a passable 'iced coffee' (if you close your eyes and hold your nose:() but my favourite is to make a jug of peppermint tea, (with sweetners to taste) and leave it in the fridge to get really cold then blend it with a chocolate shake and, again, a few cubes of ice.....it's really minty and refreshing! As for the strawberry shake? bl88dy awful in my opinion, without even a hint of strawberry!

Hope this helps? xx

HI Big K! Welcome to the forum, I only like the chocolate shakes but some say the tastes grow on you , most people use a shaker to mix with I use a whisk but still get the odd lump. I dont really see the shakes as something to be enjoyed just to a means to an end like medicine three times a day. Water will be your new best friend. It does get better after the first week. There is lots more info on the main forum page known as a sticky. Good luck :)

Hi Kev and good luck

I only have shakes.. I started with all 3 flavours, but no matter what i did the vanilla was foul!! lol

I put bottles of water in the freezer only for a couple of hours, before they harden, so they are like slush.. I shake the bottle into a glass so i get all the little icy bits in there. I then mix my strawberry or chocolate powder on top and use a hand blender (like this one: Argos, 423/4700) to mix it.. I think i have tried most, if not all, the recipes on here, but none suited me...They will never be desirable to me, but the coldness and the texture make me feel better!! lol

It might not seem like it now, but it really does get easier the further you get, and this forum is wonderful for support and advice. :D

Morrisons mini belneder £9.99.. perfectly smooth everytime.... others can tell you how to jazz em up a bit, but they aint designed to be tasty, they are a fuel pack... welcome and all the best mate... keep us posted

Am I the only one that uses the standard shaker and gets no lumps!!

I add the water to the shaker, the colder the better, then add the powder, put the mesh in then put the top on, then shake, I dong think I shake that much, but i do shake if lol

no lumps

I only have chocolate and soup, and yes I do the peppermint tea mix too, but I don't add sweeteners, don't think it needs it.

The soup I make with 350 - 400 ml of water, as with only 250ml it still tastes like powder, I again add water to a small pan, then add thd soup and wisk, well stir with a wisk rather than wisk it, I then heat this on the hob. Yummy

Thanks everyone,

Thanks for the tips and suggestions.

What a great group of people.

:):):)

Hey Kevin!
Well you've taken the big leap, that's the hardest part! I'm only a few days in myself, and when it comes to the shakes it's mind over matter and ice ice ice!
The soup is alright, nothing special, I find adding a bit of curry powder makes it nice and tasty. Good luck!

Em
xx

Last time i used all sorts of blenders and smoothy makers etc. I would also recommend the shaker, its like 8 pound in the chemist tht sells the lt but works a treat.

Hi Kevin!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the diet!

As people have advised above, ice, peppermint tea and coffee are all good coping techniques.

Also, I tend to make mine with a little more water which combats the funny texure.

I dont really get lumps anyway but I find using a blender is better as it goes nice and frothy :)

Good luck!

i just have 3choc shakes a day and use the shaker u buy from the chemist, never had a problem with lumps, theres a few lil bits at the end of my drink but i just dont drink them lol :D the chicken soup(if u can call it that) is the most minginest thing ive ever tasted so i just never buy that. Im happy with just the choc shake and yup the water really helps its just a pain in the arse actually drinking it! lol

Hello,

I just started today. I have been reading about, thinking about starting for the last month :sigh:

Started at a gym 2 weeks ago and I guess I enjoy getting out of the office for an hour 3 lunch times a week.

I mixed a vanilla shake this morning and the taste and texture of the result is going to be a big issue for me. To put it bluntly it was disgusting :( I followed the instructions ( I think ) but all I ended up with was three quarters of a pint of lumpy sweet milk. Please any tips on how to make this better will be greatly appreciated.

I will try the chicken soup this evening - hopefully that will be better.

I really want to make this work.

Hi
All i can say is very cold water from the fridge,mix with a blender then drink through a straw :)
Its what got me through 14 weeks of them and i still can't drink them without a straw haha
Good luck.x

Hi Everyone,

Morning of day 2.

I tried the "chicken soup" last night it was not as bad as the vanilla shake but nearly.

The vanilla shake was not as bad this morning as I used ice cold water and blended the whole lot to a froth. Then I drunk it thinking of as medicine to get thinner :) I like this tip it seems to make it easier to take the bad taste.

I feel fine and will go to the gym today as normal at lunch time and then to get my hair cut.

Kevin

nice one Kevin, I always like to think of them as High Propane Fuel Packs! Just think of your body as a car.. What fuel have you been puttin in the last however many years... Youve now upgraded to a Ferrari and it needs top notch fuel! LOL

Im with you on Day2 mate... hey the haircut should help with the weightloss later on! lol

Hi Everyone,

Morning of day 2.

I tried the "chicken soup" last night it was not as bad as the vanilla shake but nearly.

The vanilla shake was not as bad this morning as I used ice cold water and blended the whole lot to a froth. Then I drunk it thinking of as medicine to get thinner :) I like this tip it seems to make it easier to take the bad taste.

I feel fine and will go to the gym today as normal at lunch time and then to get my hair cut.

Kevin

if you use a straw you don't get the taste so much and when i had vanilla i would add about 1/2 spoon of coffee granules to it before mixing :)

Hi day 3

I finally got the vanilla shake to taste of something that does make me feel sick. Water into the blender, empty sachet into the blender and add 1 teaspoon coffee granules and blitz for 2 minutes. Thanks for all a advice and tips I now have hope I can stick to this for at least a while longer.

I felt a bit like eating last night ( not hungry ) and it did not help my son cooking his dinner and then eating it front of me :)

I am going to gym later as normal and hopefully I can shake this slight head ache. I do not know if headache is diet or just me much time in front of PCs.

Thanks again for encouragement and tips

Hi Kevin,

Welcome, I find holding my nose and knocking them back really quick helps as does adding xtra water to thin them out defo in the soup helps.

I whisk the shakes but don't like the soup frothy (if that makes sense?!) so; I put the soup powder in a bowl and add 250ml of boiling water very slowly mixing with a hand whisk so no lumps - perfect :)

Kirstie x

Back