Just Starting ....

claire20

Hello everyone, my name is claire. I have just come of LighterLife because it wasnt working for me this time. ( I lost 9nhalf sotne on it previously) and fell pregnant 1 month after finishing. My son is now 4 months old and I am getting married next year. I have 4 stone to loose and need support. So how is all of you lot doing so far ? Any tips or hints ? xxx

Hi Claire! I'm only two weeks in but I'm feeling FAB - I'm finding Food Focus (Food Focus - Permanent Weight Loss) to be a great help; keeping a diary of what I'm eating is helping me stick to my guns!

I am also looking to lose 4 stone (which will still put my BMI in overweight, but I think it's a realistic target). I've done 10lbs so far, which I'm well chuffed with, but I spend most of my day sat on my fat arse at work so my next aim is to get more exercise. I've dug out an old exercise DVD (the one by Charlie Brooks - Janine from Eastenders) and have told my boyfriend he's not allowed to come anywhere near me while I do the workouts as he will just laugh his head off :p

To be honest, the fat content of most of what I eat now is very low anyway, so I hadn't thought about it - good question though...

food focus is really good, i use it regularly and it really makes me think. Good luck on your weight loss, if youve managed it before then you can definately do it again with that incentive and a little one to run round after (well, carry round but you get the picture)!!! Theres loads of tips but things like obviously home cooking, porridge is fantasticaly filling, merengues are a really good sugary treat and my favourite tip is to allow yourself one 'naughtier' meal a week - its something you can aim for and plan to treat yourself with! Good luck! xx

Hey Aliceinwonderland - thanks for the tip about meringues - I've just looked them up on Food Focus, 30 calories for an 8g meringue shell. That's brill, because now when I go to get the pasties for the lads at work on Saturdays, instead of having my normal apple turnover or sausage roll I can get a couple of meringue shells instead, and still join in with the tea-break :)

got my mum to thank for that tip! Another one if you have a sweet tooth is anything using apple juice as it is naturally sweet. I love stewed apples - put about 3 apples in a pan with a desert spoon of sugar, rasins if you want and cinnamon then cook slowly for about 15 mins to mushyness!! They are great - i made my boyfriend an apple pie the other day (we have a rediculously huuuuge apple tree) so i did that and to be honest its just like eating the best bits of apple pie and you get your fruit intake with only adding a tiny bit of sugar!

mmm... I love stewed apples, especially with a few blackberries thrown in. Reminds me of being little and mum making trays and trays of pies in the autumn, she always used to give me a bowl of the stewed filling for pudding :) happy memories!

I've made a request to my family that I don't get any chocolates or wine for my birthday this coming weekend - on Saturday my OH and I are going up to the new Cabot Circus shopping centre in Bristol and they've got a Hotel Chocolat so I've told the OH to steer me past it at high speed!

I think the 'recommended' fat grams per day is less than 70g. Rememeber you need 'some' fat for your body to function properly- just try and make sure its 'good' fats (oily fish, nuts etc.), not the bad ones like in cooking oil, biscuits, cakes etc.- common sense really. I love FF- it's really opened my eyes to portion control!

Back