Just thinking out loud really, but would appreciate your input.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kjs1628, 23 January 2009 Social URL.

1. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Start Weight:
    12st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.8lb(8.37%)
    Diet:
    SnS
    Right. After another good week, I've only lost a pound again. Do I have to accept that ee isn't the plan for me? I read someone else's comments that it was sometimes referred to as a maintenance plan, so I'm thinking should I switch back to red and green? I really like ee, and it doesn't hamper my life in any way. I don't particularly feel like I'm dieting, it fits with dh and kids, I like the food options....but I'd like to be shifting more than a pound a week really...

But a pound a week is 4 stone a year, so I'd be at target after 6 easy months...and presumably it would be much easier to maintain with such a slow, steady loss, and what is effectively a change in attitude to food, rather than a diet.

It's a dilemma.

I think I'm going to mix it up for a week and see what happens - 2 red (I don't like red), 3 green and 2 ee (on weekend). Hopefully, this time next week I'll have lost more than a pound.

DOES THIS SEEM LIKE A GOOD IDEA? wHAT DOES ANYONE THINK ABOUT HOW EE FITS INTO LIFE? wOULD OTHER PEOPLE BE HAPPY WITH THE POUND A WEEK?

I've posted this on my diary too - apologies.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im an EE convert! But it depends on individuals I think :/

Shake up this week and mix see what happens and if you lose a lb again then I would go back to EE as they are easier kwimX

4. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I love ee, my losses in the first couple of weeks have been 2lbs and 3lbs but i am expecting it to slow down now, i think we all want to see a good few lbs every week coming off but in reality the healthy and safe way is to lose between 1 and 2lbs a week and we have a better chance of keeping it off. It is entirely up to you if you want to mix it up you should but if you don't like red days , dont torture yourself as the whole point of this plan is to find food that you can enjoy and eat pleanty of it. I don't like red days either, i find it hard to fill up. Let us know how you get on xx

5. pink~chocolate

pink~chocolate Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't tried EE, but yes i think it would be good to mix it up for a week and see what loss you have.

After that go with what you are happier doing, if you are happy losing 1lb a week whilst enjoying the plan then do that. A pound is a good loss but after losing 2 or 3 it doesn't seem appealing does it? Over the long term it will be better for you to be happy and comfortable on the plan that suits you best.

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Hi Katherine, I do like EE but I do think it would slow weight loss down. People at my class have had really good losses on it but they have just started. Those of us who have been going a while haven't got on so well with it. It is fantastic though and really increases the flexibility so I do have a couple of EE days a week, then usually end up having 2 red and 3 green. I like EE when we have a casserole so I can have mash to soak up all that lovely casserole gravy I have to leave.
    I do think it all depends on the person, i've heard people say they can't lose weight following green days but it's what I have mostly done so it works for me!
    Mix it up and see how you get on -variety is the spice of life!!

7. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would definitley mix things up a bit, it makes your body react to loosing the weight.
    Good luck with that and let us know how you get on.

Kerry-Ann
    xx

8. janie.com

janie.com Full Member

maybe you just need to up the exercise instead...........and stick to ee

9. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with Betty. If you don't like red, don't do it otherwise you could get really fed up and go off plan totally xx

10. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Start Weight:
    12st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.8lb(8.37%)
    Diet:
    SnS
    As a bit of a boost, I've just had the first person to ask me if I've lost weight, so hoorah for that!!!! Made me feel loads better!

11. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Do you have a third of your plate superfree veg when you do EE? That's what puts me off doing EE very often, it's hard to judge a 3rd of your plate when you're having casseroles or curries etc where all the stuff is mixed in. I like EE for the odd day here and there but think I'll stick to green mainly.

12. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    for me i use ee if im going out and i dont know what there will be, day to day at work where im set in my green mid set i will just keep going like that for me anyway as with ee the first week i put on 2lbs so although its easier to do i think green is a quicker loss for me

13. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I think it's all a state of mind. Me, I would be happy with 1lb a week, but then I'm of a certain age and the thought of being a 14 is do-able in 12 months. If you don't mind a steady loss then stick with EE, but I think I would be tempted to do another plan just for a week every now and then, or a couple of days when you aren't stressed, just to give your body a shock and perhaps speed your loss. Whatever you decide, good luck!

14. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Start Weight:
    12st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.8lb(8.37%)
    Diet:
    SnS
    Thanks guys. What would I do without you all?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.