Just Wondering - Mixing the Packets

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by carrot_tit, 5 November 2006 Social URL.

1. carrot_tit

carrot_tit Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.33%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    I've noticed that my Mum is using more water than recommended in the book to mix her soups and shakes. I put a 200ml in but she's putting in more.

Will this affect her diet at all?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Roch

Roch Minimins gal x

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    25st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(7.37%)
    Diet:
    Low cal/low fat
    Hi Sarah, i really dont think it will affect her diet or weight loss at all.Some peeps like their shakes/soups thick and some find it easier if they add more water or some peeps split their packs in 2.

I am not an experieinced vlcd peep but i am sure someone will soon pop in and offer some more advice.
    Take care xx

4. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I always mix my CD shakes with more water than I need to...makes them last a bit longer and makes me feel fuller!! I dont think its any harm, just contributes to your daily water intake I suppose!

5. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As long as you are getting enough water is the main thing.

I like my shakes on the watery side and my soups.

Love Mini xxx

6. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    I make enormous shakes and quite substantial mugs of soup and my LLC said this is fine. We lose so much water from not eating food that this is no bad thing.

7. mags1x

mags1x mags

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Bit of this bit of that
    We had a locum counsellor a few weeks ago and she suggested to make a 'big' soup if you feel you need it by adding a savoury drink mix to a soup mix too. I do it sometimes and it really gives you the feeling of having had a proper portion of soup and tastes not much different to be honest. When I do this I use 350 ml water, 1 soup pack and 1 savoury drink. Remember you are only allowed 2 savoury drinks in a day though.

and I definately don't think using more water will make any difference at all

mags
    x:)

8. Jemax

Jemax Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I asked my counsellor this when I first started the diet. I split my pack in two as I thought I wouldn't be able to cope on one pack for the evening. He said it's ok. Now I have my soup with 300mls and I find it lasts longer.

9. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I make my soups with 400ml of water, a teaspoon of low-salt marigold bouillon (or CD savoury drink powder) and 2 dessertspoons of psyllium husks. Makes a big bowl of thick broth! Yum!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.