• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Just Wondering - Mixing the Packets

Roch

Minimins gal x
Hi Sarah, i really dont think it will affect her diet or weight loss at all.Some peeps like their shakes/soups thick and some find it easier if they add more water or some peeps split their packs in 2.

I am not an experieinced vlcd peep but i am sure someone will soon pop in and offer some more advice.
Take care xx

kazz

Gold Member
I always mix my CD shakes with more water than I need to...makes them last a bit longer and makes me feel fuller!! I dont think its any harm, just contributes to your daily water intake I suppose!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
As long as you are getting enough water is the main thing.

I like my shakes on the watery side and my soups.

Love Mini xxx

We had a locum counsellor a few weeks ago and she suggested to make a 'big' soup if you feel you need it by adding a savoury drink mix to a soup mix too. I do it sometimes and it really gives you the feeling of having had a proper portion of soup and tastes not much different to be honest. When I do this I use 350 ml water, 1 soup pack and 1 savoury drink. Remember you are only allowed 2 savoury drinks in a day though.

and I definately don't think using more water will make any difference at all

mags
x:)

I asked my counsellor this when I first started the diet. I split my pack in two as I thought I wouldn't be able to cope on one pack for the evening. He said it's ok. Now I have my soup with 300mls and I find it lasts longer.

I make my soups with 400ml of water, a teaspoon of low-salt marigold bouillon (or CD savoury drink powder) and 2 dessertspoons of psyllium husks. Makes a big bowl of thick broth! Yum!!