Just wondering

JennCinKy

Is everyone on here from England? I keep coming across words I've never heard and I think it is very interesting :) I'm from Kentucky (USA)

Hi JennCinKy & welcome. Yes, I think that most of us are from the UK and Ireland. I'm almost sure I've seen at least one poster who lives in Europe. If there's any words or phrases you don't understand, just ask.

Cor blimey guv'nor, ee by gum, eh-up me duck, och aye the noo, and ych y fi. I'm afraid I don't know any Northern Irish sayings. There. Figure that lot out! :D

boggins said:
Cor blimey guv'nor, ee by gum, eh-up me duck, och aye the noo, and ych y fi. I'm afraid I don't know any Northern Irish sayings. There. Figure that lot out! :D

Oh I need the loo - lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A U.S. poster on another forum informed me she owned an certain object whereupon I said 'snap' without realising that as children our American cousins did not play the same card games as us. Or don't UK children play Snap these days?

I am cooking Hough (shin/shank) in my slow cooker (crock pot) for dinner this evening. :D

Hah! I love it! You all crack me up! I'm Irish and Cherokee Indian, but you would all laugh if you heard me talk :) I'm so glad I found this forum. I recognize some things because of watching Harry Potter lol

A la Jim McDonald from Corrie :D

So there is

So I did

So you are

Just tag on the end Steve, Elizabeth, Betty, etc......;)

Hi Jenn

Nice to see you here from all the way over the pond!! :flirt2:

You'll have to ask if you don't understand our local sayings, but don't worry because sometimes we don't understand each other either!!! :D

waye aye hinny yer right! :D

Back