Just wondering....??

Sez

has started again!!
As you know I am now in my second WW week. The day I joined I bought the last Points calculator that my leader had. She made a point of telling me how lucky I was to get "my last one".

I have used it loads & find it so good & a real reminder when out & about.

The thing is this... I keep reading stuff here about a new plan(?) and possible changes to the Points very soon?

Is it likley that my calculator will be obsolete before I have even got started, so to speak??

I will be so mad if so, & very likely to complain to WW most bitterly!

I wouldnt worry about it yet, its all pure speculation none of us know what the changes are, theres nothing at all to indicate that the points system will be changing.

tbh i dont reckon they would change Points as its so popular.. maybe they are introducing a third addition to the plans, as Core was the last 'change' they advertised....will be interesting to see what they are doing there! I shouldnt worry tho, your calcuator will be handy for a long time xx

tbh i dont reckon they would change Points as its so popular.. maybe they are introducing a third addition to the plans, as Core was the last 'change' they advertised....will be interesting to see what they are doing there! I shouldnt worry tho, your calcuator will be handy for a long time xx

Thanks! Was a bit agitated for a while there!

Thing is, if the points plan works, then even if they do bring out a different plan then that's not going to stop the points plan from working in it's current format. The food's not changing, so the plan will still apply.

When I was doing SW years ago they had lots of pre-prepared meals that were sin-free, then they changed the plan to move towards more freshly prepared foods, so these meals were given sin values. The thing is, the ingredients and nutritional values of these pre-prepared meals never changed - I carried on scoffing my usual sainsbury's curries and chinese meals and the weight still continued to drop off despite it not fitting with their new sin values.

They def won't get rid of points its their big money maker, they may make minor adjustments or include fibre in how we calulate points (like the USA) but they will definintely not be getting rid of points.

my bf's mum attends classes so i got her to ask for you tonight. Leader has withdrawn all the calculators as they ARE bringing new ones out for the new plan. She didnt elaborate though, and as she said "new plan" i assume its going to be a third plan in addition to Core and Points. If i were you i would say something though and ask for money back so you can spend it on the new one when it becomes available. Liz, who is my old leader and my bf's mum's leader said that all current members will be filled in on the changes beginning of November, so I dont know if the new things will be available from then, or from the new year when it officially goes 'live'.

My leader confirmed tonight that points WILL NOT be changing, and that there will be something NEW. She said that WW leaders are not allowed to reveal until December.. so not sure who is actually right here. If your bfs mums class reveals it in Nov, please tell me as otherwise I'll be waiting til Dec!! xx

When I first did WW, back in the late 80's I think, you were told what you could have, so many carbs, veg, fats etc. I wonder if they are going back to that kind of thing so you can't just eat chocolate all day & still in theory be on plan?

If the calculator is still going to be valid, then there must be a third 'plan' coming out; either that or, like you say, Anna, they'll be setting certain proportions e.g. reducing your number of points per day but making fruit free or something. I don't think it will be the fibre thing as UK products are not required to state fibre in the same way US products are.

I think it will be a bit like SW with fewer points to spend but some form of 'healthy extra' equivalent - like I said before, I think the reason they brought Core (No Count) in a few years ago was because they were losing people to SW so...

from what i was told (not a lot) it incorporates new things into your daily intake - the leaders are being encouraged to try it - Liz put ON 3lbs on it, so maybe not suitable for everyone? i dont know..

oooh-er!!! Nothing like a bit of subterfuge & intrigue (SP??)

I guess its a "watch this space" kinda thing!!

GO one then..... get tickling!!! LOL!! ;)

Back