Just Wondering ..........

hiya guys being a lot older than most of you, I have a huge problem with bread bloody love the stuff, as the eldes child of five and around in the last recession money was tight so if you were hungry mum/dad told you to get toast sandwich bread butter, nothing was wasted so it was common place to mop up your gravy/sauce with bread.
This is a damned hard habit to break but feel its under control, I also love my food can count on one hand the things i dont like

God what have i done to myself over the years

I'm fat cos I love my food and I have been lazy.

I'm an emotional eater sad, happy,angry, whatever I will seek solace in a nice bowl of rissotto or crisp or choc followed by the the odd vino, whatever took my fancy I would eat without any thought of the concequences.

More calories were goin in and I was burning nothing.

I had become idle and lazy and stopped all of my training for a few months. This has made me moody, depressed and mad :mad:at myself. But I am happy knowing that within the next couple of weeks I will be back to running and back to boxing and thai boxing cos that's where I'm happiest.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

i was fat because i love food lol

also i always been bigger, then as i got bullied i used to eat to get away from it in turn getting fatter

then i stood up for myself lol no bullying then but kept eating haha

all good though

Yep I was bullied too... Got called Godzilla :(
Couldnt stand up to them but Dont live there any more so dont care :) lol

id of stood up for you chelly

Some people say they are fat because of their glands or genes etc, some people are fat because of their past, do you think you were fat, because of a reason or do you think its was just your genetic make up?

Sorry if it feels like I being nosey, I just know what I think is/was my main problem as there is more than one and was wondering what all of your opinions were !

Hiya hun,

Being overweight has absolutely nothing to do with the genes whatsoever and anyone that uses that is using an excuse and not confronting the real issues that they have. If ya think about two different people with the same build, metabolism etc etc and one person is active and the other person isn't then they are going to gain the weight where the other person is going to lose it. Its just a case that ya are what ya eat, and cutting your portion sizes down and if ya don't burn it off then ya are heading to the overweight section. Its a viscious circle but once ya get in the right frame of mind then its easy, its just working your brain into thinking your full.

Thank you all.

I think deep down, apart from metabolisim, and I would have said genes, but missunknown says this is not the case, and she is a doctor, so........ I think most people have a reason behind while they are big, ok I dont meant the size 16's 18s I mean the size 28's, 30's if you know what I mean, there has to be a reason why.

My main reason for this post is that some people, me included until recently, thought LT would sort it all out, but at the end of the LT road I think some of us have some work to do on ourselves, and learn to love ourselves.

Sorry for the essay!

Yeah i get where your coming from Laura, ive been in a few horrible relationships, and sometimes if your not happy in the relationships you seek comfort from elsewhere, for me its food, as i said when i first joined this forum, my ex put a post on facebook ( i had to get it removed)about me being fat and ugly, and at the same time some friends of mine had fallen out with a friend and she called me fat too. Now normally i would have stuck to fingers up to them both, but this time it really hurt me, hence me being on the Lipotrim diet now, and yes i am doing it for me, but a part of being motivated to do it, is to say to my ex and my ex friends up yours i can do it !! There is a book around called Fat is a feminist issue by Susie Orbach which looks at how fat is not about food, but rather about protection, sex,mothering,strength, assetion, anger, love etc. I can lend it to you if you like ?

Thank you honey :D At the minute I am attending a few 'courses' one being CBT and one to cope with what has happened. I have had counselling and the LT is one step on my road to a good healthy future.

I used to say it was because of my genes, mum and dad are both big, then I blamed my ex because when he left me with the kids I ate and ate and ate, but now i realise I wasnt eating when I was hungy I was just eating for the sake of having a mouth!! I have to change how I look at food and ive noticed lately I have, I even turned down and indian last week because of the calorie content lol

hey Irishlaura

you said about those past a size 20 - i can't offer an explanation of that -other than a guess.

I think that when you feel you have lost control of weight you have 2 choices:
1) fight it with a diet
or
2) spiral out of control

I know there have been times when emotionally and mentally i could not face a diet - i just felt the need to eat what i want. Its hard to diet - you give a lot up and you need to be strong. If you aren't feeling strong its all too easy to slip up or not bother.

Back