just worked it out

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Morgawr, 2 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Morgawr

Morgawr Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW Group
    between my office and home there are
    2 fish and chip shops, 5 pasty shops (6 if you count the one next door!) and one cake shop. - that's just on the main street.

Just as well I don't like any of it isn't it?

Last edited: 2 June 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hard times! I live in a flat and to the entrance at the front we have a pizza place and a tesco express and at the rear entrance we have a fish a chip shop :( my flat is always smelling of lovely garlic pizza bread.

4. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I feel quite lucky - there are no foodie shops by my work, and only a chippy and a chinese by the local shopping area!!! However, everywhere delivers!!!! :(

5. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I too live behind a take away haven - 2 independant pizza shops, 1 dominos, 1 pizza hut, 1 greggs, 1 fish & chip shop, 1 chinese take away, 1 indian take away, 1 dixy chicken take away, 1 subway, 2 bakeries and a cake shop..........sigh.....the smell is evil!!!!!

6. Morgawr

Morgawr Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW Group
    I just think the number of fast food places is shocking. Recently lost Burger King here, but are getting a KFC in the near future. They are taking over I think it was a Thai food restaurant.

7. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I'm lucky, I live 6 miles from the nearest shop and even our solitary pub is closed for renovation at the mo!

8. Kikikisses

Kikikisses Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is horrid walking home, awaiting dindins only to smell multiple types of naughty foods, I usually console myself watching the muffin tops that go in and out of the stores.

9. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I guess I'm lucky to live in the middle of the countryside, it's 7 miles to my nearest takeaway...

10. moomintrolljen

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    If im honest I live behind all these take aways and rarely use them - might have something to do with always seeing the rubbish they put out and also watching the pizza/kebeb shops try and swill all the disgusting orange fat out of their yards - yuck!

11. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am lucky too. I live in a small village in Spain and the only take away we have is a kebab place and I hate kebabs !!!

It must be torture living so close to all those fantastic smells. I call them smells you can taste. Well done for resisting them.

Once I stayed with a friend who lives in Birmingham and she has everything within walking distance of her house. I am so glad I wasn't dieting then and got to try all of them......yummy......... now were is that carrot stick lol !!

Sue xx

12. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Don't you just love the smell of a bakery?

13. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I hate it when I have to go to local shop for milk and I have the munchies and gaaxy is there at eyeview at the till :(

14. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I would go mad if I lived within smelling distance of a bakery Judi!!

Luckily there is nothing withing walking distance of me, just a little village shop which closes at tea time.

We have pizza, Indian, Chinese and a chippy in the next town but it's a drive away. I'm pleased really!

15. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Before I retired, I used to commute to Paddington Station. One day (trains were delayed - again! - so I had time to look around me) I counted that there were 23 places on the station to buy food.

OK, some of it was stuff I wouldn't usually touch, like Burger King, but a lot of it was really lovely food! I used to have to put my head down and dash for the Underground!!!

16. moomintrolljen

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Awww Allie - we have 2 green grocers and 2 butchers too so not so bad

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.