• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

just worked it out

Hard times! I live in a flat and to the entrance at the front we have a pizza place and a tesco express and at the rear entrance we have a fish a chip shop :( my flat is always smelling of lovely garlic pizza bread.

Gold Member
I feel quite lucky - there are no foodie shops by my work, and only a chippy and a chinese by the local shopping area!!! However, everywhere delivers!!!! :(

Will be thin god dammit!!
I too live behind a take away haven - 2 independant pizza shops, 1 dominos, 1 pizza hut, 1 greggs, 1 fish & chip shop, 1 chinese take away, 1 indian take away, 1 dixy chicken take away, 1 subway, 2 bakeries and a cake shop..........sigh.....the smell is evil!!!!!

Silver Member
I just think the number of fast food places is shocking. Recently lost Burger King here, but are getting a KFC in the near future. They are taking over I think it was a Thai food restaurant.

Mad old Bat with Attitude
I'm lucky, I live 6 miles from the nearest shop and even our solitary pub is closed for renovation at the mo!

Silver Member
Is horrid walking home, awaiting dindins only to smell multiple types of naughty foods, I usually console myself watching the muffin tops that go in and out of the stores.

If im honest I live behind all these take aways and rarely use them - might have something to do with always seeing the rubbish they put out and also watching the pizza/kebeb shops try and swill all the disgusting orange fat out of their yards - yuck!
I am lucky too. I live in a small village in Spain and the only take away we have is a kebab place and I hate kebabs !!!

It must be torture living so close to all those fantastic smells. I call them smells you can taste. Well done for resisting them.

Once I stayed with a friend who lives in Birmingham and she has everything within walking distance of her house. I am so glad I wasn't dieting then and got to try all of them......yummy......... now were is that carrot stick lol !!

Sue xx

Mad old Bat with Attitude
Don't you just love the smell of a bakery?

Gold Member
I would go mad if I lived within smelling distance of a bakery Judi!!

Luckily there is nothing withing walking distance of me, just a little village shop which closes at tea time.

We have pizza, Indian, Chinese and a chippy in the next town but it's a drive away. I'm pleased really!
Before I retired, I used to commute to Paddington Station. One day (trains were delayed - again! - so I had time to look around me) I counted that there were 23 places on the station to buy food.

OK, some of it was stuff I wouldn't usually touch, like Burger King, but a lot of it was really lovely food! I used to have to put my head down and dash for the Underground!!!

Awww Allie - we have 2 green grocers and 2 butchers too so not so bad