Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

Yes, I have got some lemon juice and I'm going to start with the lemon and water as of tomorrow morning. I had peppermint tea this morning but I don't like it without a sweetener and I think honey would change the taste of it.

So, today I have had:
Breakfast: peppermint tea and fruit salad
Lunch: home made guacamole (mashed avocado mixed with lemon juice, chopped tomatoes and onions and tabasco) on ryvitas
Dinner: (will be) roasted pepper and tomato soup - I'm just roasting the peppers now with a drizzle of olive oil and some rosemary. I'll make extra and that will also be tomorrow's lunch.
Later on I have a pomegranate to snack on and I'm going to make a mango and banana smoothie which I'll probably have for pudding as my OH doesn't like to have a meal without something sweet with it.

Tomorrow we're either going to have falafel and roasted vegetables or mixed bean and coriander stew.

Detox day 2. Fell off the wagon slightly last night - went to the circus with OH and his nephew and they had popcorn and I had some. The popcorn itself is fine but it was sugared of course.

Doing well today. Fruit and hot water with lemon for brekkie. Ryvita and guacamole again for lunch as I made loads and it needs eating up. Soup again for tea for the same reason :)

Had a little bit of marzipan for a treat and drinking lots of fruit tea.

Detox day 3 and time to weigh-in. 1lb lost this week which is blooming good going as it's TOTM and I was bloated as a bloated thing on Friday which was why I decided to give the detox a try.

Can't wait to see what next week's WI brings :)

Leftover soup for lunch today and making falafel and roasted veg for tea.

Thanks Anna. I'm expecting a really good loss next week too. I don't find detox easy to start with but once I get into it, it really works well for me as it keeps me off my trigger foods (bread and chocolate) and I usually have a very good loss on it. Good for a boost I think. And you can do it as Core so I'm technically still a Weight Watcher ;)

You go girl!!:party0038:

You are so dedicated. It takes some willpower to do what you are doing! I can't wait to 'see' your pounds dropping off! Huge well done to you :happy096:

Thanks guys. Well I'm having a good day diet-wise but awful in all other respects.

I've been sent home sick, can't stop crying (I'm hormonal atm as well, which doesn't help). I've been telling them for ages I'm working too hard and people just keep throwing more work at me. OH says I should work to rule and not do anything that's not in my job description but it's not going to get done if I don't do it and how do I say no to a Director when they give me work to do?

Anyway, I had a bit of a paddy on Friday last week - we are being audited and I had a panic attack. They have asked me to do a table of all the work that needs to be done in my section and which bits of it are actually in my job description so I have done that and I was meant to be having a meeting with the big bosses tomorrow but my own boss can't make it and I'm scared they're just going to give all the work to me to do if there's no-one there to protect me.

Anyway, went to see my boss and ended up in floods again. She's told everyone I've got flu and told the big bosses to let her have their views on the workload by Friday and they'll decide whether I have to take on any extra work.

I wouldn't mind but they've just taken on a new person because there was too much work for me to do on my own and everyone is busy protecting him saying oh no, that's not his job, karen will have to do it!

Sorry for long rambling post, just wanted to get it off my chest.

I'm bimbling about at home now, catching up on bits and bobs of paperwork which is helping as I never seem to have time to do it.

Poor you Karen, theres nothing worse than feeling like that and being stressed out at work, I feel for you, I have been without an assistant for 18 months now so doing 2 peoples jobs, my boss in unsympathetic and couldn't care less as long as the work gets done, I think this is why I ended up with Glandular Fever - STRESS.

My advice to you is to do what I did - I talked to my boss, I was polite but I told her firmly how unhappy I was, that it was unfair to expect me to do 2 peoples jobs for this long, that I didn't appreciate the way she treated me at times. She asked if I was planning on leaving, I said not at the moment but if things carry on the way they are then yes I will leave, lifes too short to be unhappy. She was shocked and taken aback but shes been much nicer to me.

I kinda agree with your OH about working to rule (although understand its not always that easy), when I get back to work I am working 9-5.30 - I'm not going to put in those 12 hours days like I use to, certainly not at least for the forseeable future.

Life is too short for you to be this emotional and stressed out!

Well done on the detox, I can't stick to detox for more than about an hour!! Have zero willpower!! LOL

Take care sweetie.

Thanks guys. Well I'm having a good day diet-wise but awful in all other respects.

I've been sent home sick, can't stop crying (I'm hormonal atm as well, which doesn't help). I've been telling them for ages I'm working too hard and people just keep throwing more work at me. OH says I should work to rule and not do anything that's not in my job description but it's not going to get done if I don't do it and how do I say no to a Director when they give me work to do?

Anyway, I had a bit of a paddy on Friday last week - we are being audited and I had a panic attack. They have asked me to do a table of all the work that needs to be done in my section and which bits of it are actually in my job description so I have done that and I was meant to be having a meeting with the big bosses tomorrow but my own boss can't make it and I'm scared they're just going to give all the work to me to do if there's no-one there to protect me.

Anyway, went to see my boss and ended up in floods again. She's told everyone I've got flu and told the big bosses to let her have their views on the workload by Friday and they'll decide whether I have to take on any extra work.

I wouldn't mind but they've just taken on a new person because there was too much work for me to do on my own and everyone is busy protecting him saying oh no, that's not his job, karen will have to do it!

Sorry for long rambling post, just wanted to get it off my chest.

I'm bimbling about at home now, catching up on bits and bobs of paperwork which is helping as I never seem to have time to do it.

Sorry you are having a bad day hun. You are doing well on detox though!

That's a tough un' regarding the job, i understand your point about not wanting to say no to your Director. No advice really just sympathy and *hugs* xx

I think I'm losing lots of weight in poo alone! Sorry if tmi - just goes to show how good a detox is for *ahem* clearing you out.

I think my boss is just starting to realise how stressed I am now. Part of my problem is that I do tell people I'm overworked but I tend to do it with a big smile on my face - oh I know everyone's busy, I'll try to take the time back etc etc and then I get stressed and unhappy at home, so Keith sees the brunt of it but others don't realise how bad it is. Well they do now ha ha.

I'm like you Lydia, going to do the nine to five and not bring work home in the evenings and at weekends - the lines between work and home have got totally blurred and Keith and the dog both hide the minute I get my work laptop out as I get so stressed and cross snappy :(

I need to be kinder to myself I think...

Thanks Marie. Funny but I seem to do better when certain foods are completely off limits to me - I can either have a lot of something or none at all but I don't do moderation very well.

Going to have to learn at some point I guess ;)

Aww :hug99: Sorry to hear that work is so stressful! What is it you do?

Well done on the detox! I'm so impressed, they're not easy to stick to! :)

Ah Karen I know where you are. I did accountancy for a while and the stress and emotional strain was ridiculous! Dark when I left for work and dark when I got home!! I couldnt handle it so left to join the world of painting and singing! (primary teacher) I could never work to rule because the work would keep piling up making my life miserable! In the end I didnt even want to take a holiday cause I would be scared of what I was coming back to! :( Its a sad affair but screaming into a pillow used to help me alot! ha ha!! At least your bosses seem to be nice and hopfully now you have expressed how stressed you feel, help will be on its way! Keep smiling angel xx

Sorry to hear about the work situation :(
Have no constructive advice, but big hugs :hug99::hug99:

Well done on the detoxing - I could never stick to that!
I like all my artificial sweeteners and colours and flavours and E numbers :D
How are you coping without diet coke? ;)

x

Oooohhhh - diet coke!

I'm fine actually, drinking lots of water and peppermint tea and looking forward to starting to feel good although I'm going through the feeling crap stage at the moment as you do get tired and headachey in the first couple of days.

Thanks for all your support guys. I'm Equality and Diversity Manager for an NHS Trust and normally I love it - it's just that there's so much to be done and it feels like it's all down to me sometimes. We're in the middle of an audit from the Health Care Commission and they're being really nitpicky!

Back