Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

Well all is well and truly in train for the wedding; my saree is at the dressmaker being altered, my cake is ordered (2 layers, one vanilla sponge one coffee sponge with ivory icing with ivory, gold and deep red sugar flowers) and I have something old, new, borrowed etc.

My hair, on the other hand, is giving me nightmares! I'm liking the short red hair (shorter now than in my avatar pic) but I just don't feel short hair goes with the saree and I don't know what to do! I thought it might have grown out a bit by now and I was going to put it up with a clip on hair piece. I can't manage extensions on the boat as they are too high maintainance and Keith actually really likes my hair short and doesn't want me to grow it out anyway.

Aaaargh! I'm going to go and talk to a hairdresser and see what s/he suggests.

I think I'm stuck on the image of indian women with long dark wavy hair in their sarees and I just can't begin to imagine what short hair would look like.

An Asian friend of mine has short spikey hair with pillar box red tips and she looks AMAZING in her sari!! Kinda traditional and funky all rolled into one!

Whatever you choose to do with your hair is irrelavant Karen cos you my dear are going to look stunning :D

Good luck with finding something you are comfortable with though.

Thanks guys. Off to wedding shop tomorrow - saw a pic (which I can't seem to post on here for some reason!) of a shoulder-length veil and might go with that. Off to wedding dress shop and to hairdressers tomorrow.

Oooh how exciting.... still not got my wedding invite yet mum :( lol x

your hair will be great y not try and see if you can some slides for your hair in same colour as you sari would look great! I love short hair I just dont have the guts to do it to mine :(

when do you get married?

Counting down big time now Karenlou, you will make one amazing bride. Hows the low carb this week? Doing Ok here but not 100% had eggs and toast today.

M

Hi guys. Tracz, the wedding is three weeks on Friday.

Lou of course you are all invited - to be with me in spirit. you're all going to be my virtual bridesmaids!

Sticking well to low carb yesterday and today - struggled a bit in the early part of the week. There was an incident involving a creme egg which led to full-on carb cravings and a bingey evening the like of which I have not had for a long time. 2nd low carb weigh in on Thursday but not sure how well I'll have done this week. I'm so full I find it hard to believe I can be losing weight.

So what do you eat on an average day?
I'm intrigued by this low carb stuff, though not sure if I could give up my real chocolate :p

xx

Hi just wanted to say a v.belated well done on your 4lb loss!!! I really don't know how you managed to do it, i tried on sunday to cut out carbs and failed miserably so a huge pat on the back for you!

Didn't realise you were getting married so soon, you must be really excited and by the sounds of it you'll look amazing!

x

Well I'm hoping to look amazing - I look like cr-p today - woke up in the night with a buzzing in my ear, got up to go to the loo, went back to bed and realised I couldn't lie down without the room spinning round! Have full-on pain and tinnitus today and can't move my head without feeling sick. Not nice. I'm propped up in bed with pillows :(

Jenni, a usual day for me will find me having something like yogurt with raspberries or a low carb smoothie (raspberries, coconut milk and egg white) for brekkie, greek salad (feta, olives, salad leaves etc) or cream of vegetable soup (home made) for lunch and then for dinner I'll either have something like quorn chunks and mushrooms in red wine sauce or quorb bolognaise, just without the mashed potatoes or pasta. The other day I made cauliflower and broccoli bake - cauli, broccoli and leek, cooked and very slightly mashed with a fork, stir in a tub of WW sour cream and 2oz of WW cheese then sprinkle proper grated cheese on top and bake for 45 minutes. Lush.

Oooh that bake sounds fab!!! May have to try it! Sorry your feeling poorly...rest up and feel better.... ty has chicken pox so its a few weeks off for him - boooo :(

Hi all. Feeling brighter this afternoon. Still not safe to drive but went for a walk and made an appointment for my wedding hair-do. She's going to do it a plummy red (very dark - scary!) to match the deep red stones on the dress and cut it short and choppy and I'm going to wear my friend's crystal tiara as my "something borrowed".

Hope you get better soon, diziness is one of the worst things ever!! Poor you

x

Hi all. Feeling brighter this afternoon. Still not safe to drive but went for a walk and made an appointment for my wedding hair-do. She's going to do it a plummy red (very dark - scary!) to match the deep red stones on the dress and cut it short and choppy and I'm going to wear my friend's crystal tiara as my "something borrowed".
seems like we cross posted there, that sounds perfect

Thanks. Will try and post pics. Going much shorter than my avatar pic! Neck on display ;)

I have the runs now by the way (sorry for tmi) - ah well, might help for wi tomorrow.

LOL don't you ever feel awful when you say that?
I'm always doing it - if I eat so much chocolate I get the runs, it helps my weight loss, right? :rolleyes:

Think I'm going to try low carb just to get myself to give up chocolate! :p
I thought yogurt had too much carb in it to eat? :confused:

xx

Back