Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

Hi

Well done on your 1lb loss! Wanted to share my approval on your hunt for spanx, they are the best invention in the world, don't know what i'd do without them, ha!!

x

I'm not convinced I'll be able to walk in the shoes Jane but they go so well with the dress and add a lovely bit of "bling" (and height!) so we'll see how we get on with them. I might have to take them off during the reception.

Donna is hoping I won't be able to walk in them so I can give them to her ;)

Just to let you know guys, if you see me lurking round the low-carb forum...

I'm not leaving WW but really want to boost my losses between now and the wedding so trying out a WW/low carb combo. I've lost weight on low carb before but don't find it sustainable for me.

I'm going to cut down my carbs by only eating 0 point veg and low carb fruits (e.g. raspberries) and keeping off the rice and potatoes and processed foods between now and the wedding. I'll still be eating protein foods like eggs, cheese and tofu and I'll be pointing food as normal though.

I've just had a spinach and mushroom omelette with yogurt and raspberries for 5 points and some sugar free sweeties for half a point :)

Will keep you posted as to my progress x

Good luck with the low carb hun, I once did the Rose Elliot low carb diet for a month I lost nearly a stone, but couldn't sustain it, but for short term I think it does work.

I think restricting processed carbs is generally a good thing anyway.

Since the VLCD I did - I have tried to keep them down too and feel better for it - not nearly so sluggish and bloaty.

Karen I'm joining you in the low carb thing it sounds a good idea, do we need that plan from Lydia? I'll check the forum and see what we do. I need to get 8lbs gone to pass a real milestone.

Ooops talking about me on your thread how rude I am you're going well and you will be lovely on your big day.

M

your low carb thing sounds like a good idea for a quick boost Karen.. hope it works for you :)

also you have mentioned raspberries more than once and now I think I'll have to go buy some after work! :p

Wow, so close now. I can't believe you how close you are now :D Your plan sounds like a good one. I'm sure it will give you the boost you need. Good luck xxx

low carb sounds like a good plan!! Hope it all works for you! :)

Hi Karen, just catching up with your diary. A pound down is a pound in the right direction - well done! Your low-carb plan sounds a good idea in the short term. Good luck! Gosh its getting so close now!!! Take care xxx

I don't have the plan anymore hunni, sorry it was a few years ago, it was from a book called Rose Elliots Low Carb diet, from memory I would have either eggs for brekkie or a shake made with protein powder and cocoa (really was nice), or a yoghurt made from whizzing some raw tofu, soya cream and low carb berries together, lunch would be salad with protein such as cheese, eggs or quorn, or cheese omlette or soup from broccoli and cheese or cheese and tomato, dinner would be loads of tofu or quorn or a veggie curry but obviously no rice, for snacks I would have those low carb bars you could get. By the end of the month I was busting for some fruit, but it definintely worked in the short term.

Thanks for all your comments folks.

I'm not nervous Nanni, but I do feel like there's lots still to do! Meeting with the dressmaker on Tuesday to (hopefully) get my sari blouse lengthened.

Lydia, I think I have the Rose Elliott book at the house - I must get Josh to have a look!

The principles are quite simple - you cut out all sugar, rice, potatoes and starchy veg. Atkins followers also cut out fruit but I'm having raspberries. Basically proteins are fine - meat (I don't eat meat but Aunty M you would be able to have it), fish, eggs, cheese (max 3oz a day), quorn and tofu and non-starchy veg. Plain yogurt is also ok.

So yesterday I had my mushroom and spinach omelette, yogurt with raspberries, avocado salad and a few sugar free sweeties. I did have a taste of Keith's tiramisu but food from other peoples' plates doesn't count, does it?

Today I had omelette again - mushroom, red pepper and ww cheese and a few sugar free sweeties again. Then I remembered why it's not a good idea to eat too many sugar free sweeties! Raspberry smoothie made with coconut milk and powdered egg white (ordinary milk too high in carbs) and a creamy leek soup for tea.

I'm feeling very full and finding it easy to do. It'll be interesting to see if I can stick it out! Going to have another smoothie for breakfast tomorrow and make myself a packed lunch to take to work - probably egg salad. Either cauliflower cheese or quorn and mushroom bake for tea.

Well done :) The good thing about low carb is when you go into ketosis you don't get hungry (so I hear, I haven't done it but Adam has). Must be hard to do without meat, you're doing very well. Should see some great losses!

quorn and mushroom bake sounds lovely.. any chance of a post of the recipe please Aunty Kazza? :D

oh karen i'm going to be watching you to see how you get on, am quite tempted myself. I did slimming world a few years back and found i lost more doing the red days, which was low carb and high protein, i've also read the food doctor diet which was similar.
good luck, hope it works for you

Yay I think I can do that Karen but which are the starchy veg? Then I think I'm good I had a go today but ate apples so perhaps need to cut those out and look for raspberries. Is natual yoghurt OK?

Good luck

M

Hi Hun

How are my shoes lol????

Just catching up - the cutting of carbs i think is a good idea. I found the first week i did ww and stuck to my points but ate carbs, i only lost .5lb. The following week i didnt eat bread, pasta, rice and only one potatoe and lost 4.5lb! I did still eat apples, ww bars, yoghurts etc but the drop in carbs was enough to get things moving. I still avoid bread and have an awful lot of omelettes and salads. I think to stay with in your points and reduce carbs will speed things, just be careful not to cut them all and then grab them as you will yo yo - trust me, i talk from experience on that one!!!!!

Good luck xxx

you're doing great hunni! Sometimes its good for our bodies to do something different for a little while to shake things up a bit!!

Back