Karenlou's diary - Hello, I'm home!

M, I have natural yogurt on low carb and it has done me no harm in the past. The 0% greek is good and quite low carb. Starchy veg are your parsnips, sweetcorn etc - basically any that are not 0 points on WW.

Rachel, I will post the quorn and mushroom bake recipe once I have made it and tried it out - it's kind of lurking in my head as a germ of an idea at present :)

Thanks Karen thats Ok then. Today I've had chicken and mushrooms in creme fraiche sauce until I get on track with a book I'm cutting all rice, spuds, bread out and doing my best re veg I'll get that list of the computer.

Keep going you're going to be a great bride

M

Sounds like you're on track with your chicken and mushrooms M x

Rachel the quorn and mushrooms went like this:

Sliced and fried some mushrooms and then added quorn chicken style pieces. Added half a glass of white wine and a good teaspoon of dijon mustard and some ground black pepper. Reduced that down then put in a slug of double cream right at the end and stirred it through and served. You could use fromage frais to keep the points down if you wanted to.

Going good there Karen, I'll try that quorn bake at the weekend it sounds very like what I did with the chicken.

M

karen i do a similar recipe with quorn ( and sometine chicken or pork) but instead of mustard add pesto,the red works best, and its great with pasta (tho not while you're cutting carbs!) will try your version too

mmmmmmmmmm i love anything with mushrooms in, will try it at the weekend.x

Im also trying the low carb version too, I always used to lose much better on red days then green and I love love love all protein high foods. I find I dont crave carby stuff when I eat like that which is a bonus!
How are you finding it Karen?

Hi guys. Yes, it's going well I think. I'm very full, which is A Good Thing and enjoying the food a lot. Got some sugar free sweeties to eat in moderation - you have to eat them in moderation or they give you the runs!

Fell off the wagon briefly yesterday, had a pudding. Felt awful straight afterwards! Don't know if it was the wheat or the sugar but I immediately bloated up and my trousers felt tight and uncomfortable.

WI tomorrow - I have stuck to low carb for 5 days out of 7 so will be interested to see if it's boosted my weight loss at all. If I've lost weight I'll persevere with it as it seems very easy to stick to.

Glad things seem to be going well - must admit, i do feel better for avoiding bread, pasta and rice and it doesnt seem to be doing any harm with my weight loss either!

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow xx

Good luck for your weigh in will be very interesting to see how much you have lost, I reckon at least 3lbs!!

Hey mummy! how are ya...this low carb thing sounds good - am tempted but would not know where to start!

How was WI? x

Hi guys. I'm snowed in so can't go to work. It's a terrible shame isn't it? :D

And... (pause for drumroll)

I've lost 4lbs! I'm really chuffed with that as I've been faffing round since Xmas losing and gaining the same pound or two. That's 5 days of low carbing and two days of falling slightly off the wagon. I'm very pleased and hoping to regain my 4th silver seven next week :)

Leftover cream of white vegetable soup for lunch and tofu and avocado salad for tea today.

Back