Karenlou's JUDDDD diary :-)

Hi Karen,
Just fort i would pop in to see how you are doing. Seems like your doing well. Great result with the 4lb off.

Hi guys, thanks for visiting. Jess, there's a calculator at the top of the page here for working out DD calories but, put simply, it's about 500 cals a day - meant to be 20-35% of your daily necessary calories.

I'm struggling slightly with DDs at the moment - not managing to keep under 500 and tending to get closer to 600. Up day today and I'm cooking a special dinner for my hubby as we have finally got a kitchen in the Widgy House.

DD tomorrow and I'm DETERMINED to keep it under 500; no sneaking bites of hubby's cheese sandwich (or peppermint creams which I had three of yesterday!)

I'll be busy swotting tomorrow night anyway as I have an interview on Thursday at the Uni for my PhD place; I've applied for a studentship which, if I get it will pay my fees as a minimum and may also pay me a bursary so I could either give up my job or go part time to concentrate on studying. So, gotta wow them on Thursday. I'll prob be too nervous to eat :D

Good luck for your dd tomorrow and for your interview on Thursday! Hope it all goes great for you!

Yes it is all too easy to sneak a bit here and there, I'd been like that at times when I was on slimfast, esp bad with kids leftovers, biscuits, a couple of the kids chocs etc etc! Oh and making the lunches, sneaking a bit of cheese or a bit of bread! Lol! BUT I have been 100% to plan since I switched to juddd, think I'm determined to see how it works for me. We will see on Friday, quite nervous lol!

20% is just for 2 weeks then you up it right? I looked at the website. If that's right then you don't have long to go before you'll be able to eat those 600 cals :)

I don't think it would work for me! I could probably stick to the DD days but I'd likely overeat on the up days. I'm such a piggy.

Hi all. Yes, you can increase your DD cals after 2 weeks but I'd rather not if I can hack it as I'd like to keep the weight loss up as much as possible between now and Xmas.

I'm not having any trouble sticking to my DD today as I am sick with nerves for tomorrow so can't bring myself to eat anything!

I don't think it would work for me! I could probably stick to the DD days but I'd likely overeat on the up days. I'm such a piggy.
I found the opposite which is surprising even for me. I thought I would too but it just hasn't (or not yet) happened.
I'm not having any trouble sticking to my DD today as I am sick with nerves for tomorrow so can't bring myself to eat anything!
Bless you. I'm sure you will be fine, just keep smiling at them :D I'm sure you will win them over.

Yes I too am hoping to stay on 20% as long as poss before increasing it to 25% :)

Hi all. Waste of an up day for most of today - was soooo nervous! BUT... I went in and smiled, talked 1000 to the dozen (I always talk too much when I'm nervous) and I think I did well - there's nothing major I wish I'd said differently anyway. Decision at the end of the month so it's just wait and see now.

Hubby took me out for tea to celebrate and I was STARVING - must be the release of all those endorphins with the ordeal being over. Had veggie cobbler with mashed potato, flapjack and hot chocolate and a nice glass of red wine. Lovely. All set up for DD tomorrow. We're taking the boat out if the weather's nice so I'll have to resist the temptation of the pub when we moor up for the night :D

Glad everything went well Karen, fingers crossed for you for the end of the month. If you know you did your best, well that's all you can do and it'll be their loss if they don't go for you, but I'm sure that won't be the case.

Glad you enjoyed your tea, good luck for the dd tomorrow x

Well done, sounds like you did really well. My fingers are crossed too.
We're taking the boat out if the weather's nice so I'll have to resist the temptation of the pub when we moor up for the night :D
Wow a boat.....you must be a posh bird ;):D

Hi all - was out on the boat so had no internet access. Am I a posh bird? Blimey no, it's a tatty old narrowboat, not a floating gin palace :D

We live on it six months of the year and then scuttle into our little one-bedroomed house in the winter. The boat and the house together cost about the same as a slightly bigger house (say, a 3-bedroomed terrace) would so we have a great lifestyle for not much money. Works for me. Pity we have to go to work though, otherwise we could be out on it all the time.

Anyway, I didn't manage to stick to JUDDDD while we were out - too many canal-side pubs, but I'm back on a DD today and ready for it too - I'm fed up of eating!

The good news is, that I lost 1.5 this week, even though I didn't stick to it 100%, so that's 5.5lbs in two weeks and hoping for a good loss this week as I'm determined to be on track all week :)

Glad you had a good time Karen, that must be lovely having the boat to live on when you want. I have pictures in my head now of gorgeous little pubs nestled by the canal bank, lucky you :)

Good going this week, that's a great loss if you weren't sticking to it 100%. Sure you'll be right back into teh swing of things :D

Ta muchly. Having a good DD:

- 1/2 can of soup - 154 cals
- skinny latte - 51 cals
- few bites of cheesecake - 150 cals (!)
- slice of wholemeal bread - 91 cals

Total - 446

Just need to keep my mouth stapled shut till bedtime - Mars mini rolls for breakfast tomorrow; they are on the table laughing at me!

Oh you keep mentioning those! You do realise I'm going to be hunting high and low in Tesco for them tomorrow!

I'm a bit obsessed with them aren't I? You wait, I'll have one tomorrow and they'll be nothing special after all this build-up!

Yes I'll probably have to search around 5 shops before I find them and then when I do they won't be that good lol!

Don't waste your time and money on the mars mini rolls - they are not worth it! Still, I can be proud that I didn't go off track yesterday but put them in my tomorrow tub and had them for breakfast this morning - pretty healthy hey? :D

Wanted to treat myself to McDonalds today but I am skint till pay day so I'm having to stick with what's in the cupboards so it's Batchelors savoury rice for lunch and quorn sausages with mash and beans for tea. DH says he will take me to the pub this evening though :)

Back