Karenlou's return to JUDDD

Karenlou

Gold Member
Greetings all.

I'm back on JUDDD after an absence of a couple of years, during which I have ballooned and now have 9 stone to lose - not all my fault as have been very ill and have been put on tablets that, according to the doc cause extreme weight gain.

I am mostly vegan - for health and moral reasons - used to be veggie and have been for a long time but hoping that transitioning to vegan will also help with the weight loss.

Have weighed in this morning and ready for my first DD. Plan is to fast all day with peppermint tea then to have a salad with vegan salad cream for tea.

Thanks Ladybird. Well I blew my first DD :-( so have to start again today. It does at least put my UDs and DDs in the right order for the weekend as we have guests for dinner on Friday and much wine will be consumed :)

I really want to make it work this time!

My head is fundamentally against DD's at the moment LOL, I have no idea why, it just doesn't want to do them, and the ones I have done have been a right struggle I can tell you, just keep pushing at it, and it will come right for you, I have found coming back to JUDDD even after a small break much harder than I thought, especially since I thought I had DD's licked, just take it slowly and don;t be hard on yourself x

I've only did one or two a week cos I'm maintaining at the moment before deciding if to go lower but they were a struggle. I'm better doing Fast 5. I find that easier as long as I keep the eating in semi check in my eating window and not go berserk. I lost 2 lb last week while on holiday only doing Fast 5 4 days of the week and normal eating the other 3. That was a surprise but I was very active while away. I have a pedometer now and have discovered I walk 7 km just around my house and garden each day in the course of doing housework. I think exercise is key for me. I tend to sts the weeks I have sat on my backside. Winter is a bad time for that here cos it's so brutal as we live very close to the sea. I think it will get easier again if you persevere and accept set backs do happen. I'd get different meds too. That amount of gain is not acceptable on a medication. Your GP should realise that. I really feel for you. xx

Back