Karen's all-new SW diary - getting started

Karenlou

Gold Member
Hello all

I've been doing WW and enjoying that diet and that section of the forum but, since my wedding, I've lost impetus and think I need a change.

Dabbled with JUDDD but got too hungry and dabbled with low carb but too difficult to eat out (especially as I'm veggie).

One of our quiz team has lost scads of weight on SW so I'm going to start going to class with her a week on Monday (away for Bank Holiday weekend next Monday so can't go then).

I'm going to start now though, because if I wait till a week on Monday I know I'm capable of doing untold damage!

So hello from me and I look forward to getting to know you all (Gemma and Susan I already know of course) :)

I am so happy Karen to see one of my old ww friends have come over to see me on sw. Great to have you here. Have you started a class or just doing it from home? xx

Hello all

I've been doing WW and enjoying that diet and that section of the forum but, since my wedding, I've lost impetus and think I need a change.

Dabbled with JUDDD but got too hungry and dabbled with low carb but too difficult to eat out (especially as I'm veggie).

One of our quiz team has lost scads of weight on SW so I'm going to start going to class with her a week on Monday (away for Bank Holiday weekend next Monday so can't go then).

I'm going to start now though, because if I wait till a week on Monday I know I'm capable of doing untold damage!

So hello from me and I look forward to getting to know you all (Gemma and Susan I already know of course) :)

How could anyone forget the best yo yo dieter on the forum! :rolleyes:

And you know me hun, good luck x

How could anyone forget the best yo yo dieter on the forum! :rolleyes:

LOL Gemma.

Hi Lydia - sorry, didn't forget you, it's just that your diary is (was!) on the ww section!

I probably will join a class but not till after my bank holiday weekend away.

I weighed in this morning and had lost 2.5 by being careful without following a particular plan which I was pleased about. Been to Asda and bought stuff for packed lunches etc. Bit high on syns today (14.5) as was not prepared so had to buy a prepacked sandwich at lunch time but organised now for the rest of the week :)

Luckily off to band practice with DH tonight so won't be tempted to have any more syns and I have 2 babybel light and an alpen light bar still to have for my healthy extras so will nibble on those later.

Yay me!

Hey hunni sounds like you are already lovin SW.xxx

Welcome over here love!!
xx

Its good that you are making a start now rather than waiting until you get to class, oh I love my babybels - they do a goats cheese one but its not HE - 3 syns each, sometimes I put it in a omlette with cherry toms for breakfast very yummy!

Hows it going Karen?

wow haven't seen goats cheese mini babybel - yum!

doing really well so far thanks. Having another good day today - alpen bar and a banana for breakfast and roasted garlic and tomato risotto for lunch. Quorn chilli or bolognaise for tea i think.

feeling very 'in the zone' at the moment which is nice. long may it last :)

Whoop whoop!! Long may it last !!! The rissoto sounds great, was it homemade? If so can I have the recipe please?

I saw the goats cheese babybels in Sainsburys so picked up a packet, but I believe they aren't HEBs so hence the syn value 3 but one in a omlette is more than enough to be honest, they are strong tasting!

Had the risotto in a pub I'm afraid but going to try and reproduce it at home so will let you know if i come up with a nice version.

I'll have a look in sainsbury's for the goats cheese babybels next time i'm in there x

Have great bank holiday weekend hun x keep up the good work x

Thanks Lydia, you too.

Have been ever so slightly over on syns today, courtesy of a slice of chocolate cheesecake that turned out to be a most impressive 25 syns! (Keith asked if it was made with chocolate-flavoured lard!)

But I enjoyed it and it was lovely and I don't regret it :D

I've had a light tea to make up for it and planning a lovely Free fry-up for Saturday brekkie tomorrow (drool).

Scarily I have also decided to go part-time at work! I was off sick before Xmas with stress and have never really recovered properly. Finally decided to go for it and will try to make up some of the shortfall with consultancy work as I've always wanted to do that but never had the bottle. Ideally I'd like to become a consultant full-time and give up the day job completely but that's too scarey right now.

Hey Karen.
Hope you had a lovely fryup! I hope yuo enjoyed your choc cake as i would off.
Have a great bank holiday weekend xx

Back