Karens Attempt - Operation Size 12 - Wk 1

karen0411

Well I thought I'd better start my own thread seeing as I am now an old pro at Lipotrim - well I am on Day 4!! First day was an absolute killer, thought to myself what have I done, never thought I could do it, but here I am on Day 4 and still surviving (and actually a little bit proud of myself)

I am a Critical Care nurse who works mainly nights so the lumpy tap water milkshakes overnight have been quite hard to handle but Im getting there, when Im home I whizz it up in a blender with ice and its not bad at all, any tips on how to make it smoother when no blender available would be great.

Ok, so I started it Tues with a starting weight of 13st 6lb (I nearly cried there and then in the chemist), I am only 5ft 2 so ideally should be around the 9 stone mark (do single stone weights actually exist!!) SO aiming to get at least 3 and half stone off so I can be 9stone something (even if it is 9st 13)

I have not cheated yet (ok I know its only Friday!), but making the kids tea is a toughie, especially when they leave some, I have instructed them to throw it straight in the bin!

This site has been invaluable, I am so glad I came across it, when I am having a stress about it all I just read some of the stories and realise I'm not alone plus hear all the amazing weight loss stories

I have not been on scales yet.....waiting for D Day Tuesday (excited and nervous)

:)

Oh good Karen - your weigh-in day is the same as mine so we should both be getting good news! Can't wait for your first weigh-in - it gives you such a buzz that boosts you to go further. Take it week by week and you'll get there. Don't look too far down the road. I started with 53 pounds to lose - it seemed so far away. But now I have just over a stone to lose - who would've thought? And I've changed my goal. My initial goal was just to get into my healthy weight range - now I'm getting cocky and looking for 9 pounds more! Who would've thought! And you will so love watching the clothes start to fall off of you. That's been one of my greatest pleasures - giving clothes to charity. Take your measurements too Karen - there will be weeks where you need the extra boost and measurements will give it to you! BEST OF LUCK! It gives you your life back with every pound gone!

Ohhh that's good, I have a weigh in buddy!! I must say I really suffered with it last night on shift,,it was a collegues birthday and there was cake, biscuits and crisps (my biggest downfall next to bread).... I felt totally fed up to be drinking a lumpy milkshake while they were all tucking into delicious stuff!

Brilliant idea about taking my measurements, I shall do that today. I am hoping for half a stone off this week as I have bloodywell worked hard for it!

I'm ketone positive too so that's given me a boost - can honestly say though this forum is my holy grail at the moment, it is getting slightly easier though but this weekend is going to be tough, at a village festival this afternoon (more cake....) and am working at a concert tomorrow for the whole day, which usually involves more 'party' food in the med centre.

Well done on your terrific weight loss, truely an inspiration xxxx

Weigh in tomorrow...Yikes!!! At times I didn't think I would get here but have done it!!! Going straight from school drop off in the morning......Good luck to my weigh in buddy too!! Fingers crossed xxx

Haha... I was reading your thread - got to the bottom and thought "where's page 2....where'2 page 2"! Then I realised this wasn't an old thread I'm reading. Good luck to you both for tomorrow and well done for sticking to your plan. I can't wait to hear the next instalment x

Well I've been for the dreaded weigh in and the loss is....(drum roll)......13lbs!!!! Yeah!!! Very pleased, so much so I am celebrating with a 'delicious' peanut flapjack, cardboard has never tasted do good!! Thanks everyone!! Xxx

OMG Karen! That's HUGE!!!! Congratulations!!! That should inspire you for another week at least!!! Well done. Just delighted for you cause I know you've had a tough week. But after one more week, it should become a part of your stride. I lost 4 too! I thought I'd do bad cause I am just 3 lbs shy of my healthy weight range but I still knocked 4 off! Keep going hon and will be checking in! Good luck Claire!

Hey Karen, another thought to keep you inspired - set some mini goals - it's a great feeling to just tick them off as you're going along. I'm only 3 pounds from my initial goal and I've extended it twice! But it's great when you tick off things like the stones or the clothes-size etc. You must be buzzing - as I'm buzzing for you myself!!

Great idea, I shall do that Mary, you have done so well it's spurring me on!! I am still buzzing, really really pleased as it was a tough week but no seems so worth it!!

Thanks again x

It is so worth it - especially when your clothes start hanging off you. Good luck with week 2. Here's to a new you!

Day 11 and I'm struggling today, I seem to have days where I am completly motivated and days like today where I just need food!! I have been 100% since day one and I am thrilled with the 13lb week one weight loss but not sure if it's coz it's totm but I am craving something ...... Anything!! To eat. Shall I have an extra shake??? Also does anyone know if you are able to freeze the shake? Just a thought as on nightshifts I can't stand it made with tap water, it's do lumpy and horrible, that I thought if I made it and froze it to take with me it would be better. Any tips gratefully recieved!! Thanks xxx

Aw. Don't struggle Karen. Try and use mind over matter. You know it's a craving and not hunger. What I have done when I feel ticked off is go to my chemist and get an in-between weigh-in - it always spurs me on for another few days. I've done that at least twice if not 3 times. When you do lipotrim, they're meant to tell you that weigh-ins are free to do anytime. Try it. Can't help you on the freezing of the shakes. Do you not have access to a fridge at work where you can store some cold water?

How you doing Karen? Still hanging in there?

Hi there Im nearly at the end of day one and have found it sooo hard...i have 2 stone to lose and am so worried about failing as today has been tough...I have felt so hungry and must have been to the loo about 50 times! I think its great you have got so far and hope so much I can do it also...hve you tried other diets before this one? Also Ive got a big do on Friday where there will e so much food and drink....eeeeek!!!

Last edited:
Day 11 and I'm struggling today, I seem to have days where I am completly motivated and days like today where I just need food!! I have been 100% since day one and I am thrilled with the 13lb week one weight loss but not sure if it's coz it's totm but I am craving something ...... Anything!! To eat. Shall I have an extra shake??? Also does anyone know if you are able to freeze the shake? Just a thought as on nightshifts I can't stand it made with tap water, it's do lumpy and horrible, that I thought if I made it and froze it to take with me it would be better. Any tips gratefully recieved!! Thanks xxx

i know ive read somewhere before and perhaps its on the lt website that you are supposed to drink the shake within 15 mins of making it cause its something to do with the vitamins and minerals and there depleting after that time so you wouldnt get the goodness you need if it were to hang around a while..hope this helps

h x

You are doing fab. It's so good to hear peoples stories. A real motivator. Thank you for sharing.

Hey Karen - where are you? Say it ain't so.

Hey Inieroba - stick with it if you can - just keep visualising your slim figure - it really is mind over matter for the first couple of weeks.
Good luck caziedalts - you know what to expect so try sticking it out this time till you get to the end.
And lipotrim good luck - it is so worth it - I'm coming to the end soon but I feel like I have a new lease on life - never realised how much I hated being fat until it was gone

Back