Karens WW Diary

(((Karen))) I'm sorry things were so difficult with S, you really made a difference to him, I'm sure. Enjoy your visit tomorrow :)

I didn't realise a Twirl was 6PP, haven't had one for ages but as I recall they are seriously chocolatey :p

Good luck with your swim and Tor walking ;) x

Heya Chuck xxx

I wish they sold single finger twirls as I can't buy two and not eat both! 6 pps is a bargain though. I love creme eggs too and they are only 5. Finally, I love caramel but not sure of pps. I'm due on and want chocolates in any form! Can u tell? Xxx

I forgot to mention that I didn't weigh last night. I've just had a sesame ryvita with light laughing cow and an options hot choc which is another 3 pps. So, I've had my 34 dailies and 1 weekly. My first successful day for a while!

Hi petal! They do single finger twirls in multipack - might be a handy treat! :)

U made a big change for S Hun and he will always be in ur heart as u will in his! Hugs!!

And that food is fine lovely :) sounds yummy! And yay for exercise xx

Hi Karen ,good to see you back in miniworld!! I was getting worried about you.:grouphugg: Im sorry things worked out as they did with S . Roll on your new job ,a new challenge is what you need. ..

good morning Carly and Breda (and Minis!)

Carly, you shouldnt tell me things like that! If i bought a multipack of twirls i'll wont limit myself so i wont even go there! what i try to do is buy one when one of the kids or someone is with me so i can share it but thats not often lol.

Thanks Breda, I feel rotten about the way things have worked out but it was such a relief to hear he is ok. Guilt is an awful emotion and it has driven me to not care about myself and just eat. I have had a word with myself and hope i have turned a corner now that i have a full good day behind me.

Im supposed to be walking up and around Tors today but it is tipping down and Im no martyr! i think me and P arranged to go to the gym as a plan B. I could do with a day on the sofa weeping and watching Jeremy Kyle but apparently that doesn't burn fat :rolleyes:

Day 86

Breakfast
syrup flavoured porridge (3)
150ml The One' milk (2)
Tea with sugar (1)

Lunch
Ham Salad Sarnie:
2 x wholemeal bread (4)
30g ham (1)
salad (0)
light salad cream (1)

Dinner
WW ricotta (8)
Jacket spuds (6)
Cheese triangle (1)
Salad (0)

Snacks
Tia Maria (2)
Pineapple
satsuma
snack a jack curls x 2 (4)
Glass of milk (2)

Total Dailies: 34/34 + 1 weekly

Total APs earned: 20

Last edited:
Im supposed to be walking up and around Tors today but it is tipping down and Im no martyr! i think me and P arranged to go to the gym as a plan B. I could do with a day on the sofa weeping and watching Jeremy Kyle but apparently that doesn't burn fat :rolleyes:

HeHe .. like that. Great to see you back on form hun .

thanks guys, it really makes a huge difference to have the support of you all xxxxxx I just wrote a huge long post and lost it AGAIN! I have just got back from visiting S and feel awful. i cried all the way home. he is so unhappy and says he misses us so so much... i feel terrible for creating this situation and letting him down so much. he also look quite poorly. im worried as he recently had surgery and was complaining of pain. he has an appointment tho and someone is going with him so that is good. on the up side, he is staying with a lovely man (also Iranian Kurdish) and is safe. thank goodness for that! I know he wants to come back here but at least he isnt on the streets. I cant help but feel like utter crap for the whole thing but im sure it will get better as he settles.

Im just waiting for P. Im really in no mood for this session. I wont even have his bum to stare at as we are going to the gym (i think). I need to do something constructive though. I need to keep myself farrrr away from the fridge. Its not even noon and i was eye-ing up a bottle of wine in the kitchen lol. I am so terribly self destructive!!! I dont even like drinking really but seem determined to keep myself down, it seems. i will keep myself in check though. i HAVE to!

(((Karen))) The situation with S must be almost unbearable but you made a positive difference for him for that short time and please take comfort in the knowledge he is safe now too.

I sooo hear you about not buying choc multi-packs, lol... my 6PPs would soon be 36PPs! Having had a good day (WW-wise), I'm sure you'll be back at it and the lbs will be slipping away. How did your gym trip go?

M x

Hello! I can honestly say I have been beaten into the ground today! We walked around dartmoor for over 3 hours. I wad even made to jog for some of it. I'm exhausted!!! 20 APs earned and everything ruddy hurts!

Hey Karen . Hope you felt a lot better and more relaxed after your workout. You sounded like you needed it . Chill out now over the weekend .(not with food:sigh:) lots of time with hubbie and kids). Dont feel guilty. As you said lesson learned . Onwards and downwards now girl . :D:D

good morning Breda and Miniminers xx

i feel strangely good this morning, Breda. I expected to be stiff and in pain but Im ok. its 11am and I am sitting up in bed reading a book while the kids quietly play on the xbox. Hubby fell asleep on the sofa so i have had the bed to myself and really enjoyed the space :)

My mum is coming over today we will spend time with her then Im thinking of getting her to babysit and inviting my sister and her fella out tonight, along with a couple of other friends. We have S coming over tomorrow and I'd like us to go out so it would be a sedate evening tonight I think. Not sure what to do for dinner but i have loads of pork steaks in the freezer so will look up some recipes.

Im going to drag my butt out of bed shortly and go to the gym. I really want to get my legs used to walking inclines so may beat myself up on the treadmill for a while. At the moment I spend the entire time I am walking up hills with P swearing at him LOL. sooo ladylike. so if i could get myself used to the uphill struggle, it would make for better tor climbing :) Im just going to finish this chapter first!

Day 87

Breakfast
Hot choc (1)

Lunch
Ham salad sarnie:
Ham (2)
Bread (5)
Salad cream light (1)
Salad (0)
Skips (2)
Satsuma (0)

Dinner
Cottage pie
350g Potato (7)

125g Extra Lean Mince (6)
50g Processed Peas (1)
carrots, onion, oxo, tinned toms & spices (0)
Profiteroles (4)

Snacks
Pineapple
snack a jack curls x 2 (4)

Total Dailies: 33/34

Total APs earned:

Last edited:
Hi hunny! Well done for exercising after a tough day :) and hope u enjoy the gym and the rest of ur weekend!

Hugs xxx

heya Carly,

thanks hun. I have some catching up to do- you are whopping me at the moment... 5.5lbs ahead of me... gah!! I'll darn well do it though! I have booked in to the gym for 1 class or another everyday for a week (except saturday) starting from tomorrow. I even have a taster session with a personal trainer on Thursday evening (tis a freebie with new membership). I didnt book that under my own steam, P frog marched me in there to do it lol. I am back on track now guys! Im after my 2nd stone award by my 100th day and only have a couple of weeks for it.

Wow Karen, you are right back on track, big time! You are certainly using that gym membership. Enjoy the rest of the weekend :)
M x

Good Morning Michaela and Jo xx

Im really hoping it will pay off! Im going to a 'body jam' class this morning... i havent done it for a couple of years so i assume it is going to kill me! After that, Im going to call S and collect him so he can spend the day with us. I had hopes of taking him to the beach but its piddling down :( We'll save that trip for the summer holidays i think.

We didnt end up going out last night as no one else wanted to. what a boring bunch! Still, its saved me some weeklies and money i suppose :)

Day 88

Breakfast
Porridge (3)
150ml semi-skimmed milk (2)
2 x Satsumas (0)

Lunch
2 large boiled eggs (5)
100g AH spicey couscous (3)
Salad (0)
slice of ham (1)
25g Salad cream light (1)

Dinner
250g Homemade Chips (5)
Breaded Haddock (7)
70g Peas (1)

Snacks
Super Sunnies (6)

Total Dailies: 34/34

Total APs earned:

Last edited:
Well! I never made it to the gym... I left the house and saw some bizarre goings-on. As I pulled out of our road i watched a van mount the pavement at high speed and drive into the park area... as i got closer i saw the van was chasing a lad and was aiming right at him, just a few metres behind! so I pulled into the nearest turning, called the police and saw another lad who was being chased. he saw me and he bolted. I grabbed my phone, called the police and eventually found out that these 2 lads have stolen some things, were caught red-handed and were then chased by the owner/s. Im thinking that these lads chose the wrong people to steal from as they are now speeding around the surrounding streets looking for the boys and i think they are going to do them some serious damage, if found! I can understand these guys are peeved BUT to drive at high speeds through a park area and around roads like that is really stupid and just as criminal. Theres also a bloke in a boy-racer car flying around looking for the lads... probably a friend of van-man. I hope the police find them first! I waited.. saw the 2 lads again, looking pretty worried... i was describing them to the police on the phone while they walked around looking worried then some silly man came out and started shouting at them so they ran again. I was hoping police would arrive while they were in my sight. Then the van came speeding back... then speeding off... i drove home... both van and boy-racer sped into my road, stopped, spoke to me and sped off again. Ive missed body-jam. I'm going to call S shortly. I can always go for a swim later. Far to much drama for a Sunday morning for me :)

WoW . That definitly is too much excitement for a Sunday morning.. Well done on calling the police. Being caught up in something like that can be distressing (I was caught up in an altrication in a chippy two years ago,very violent, i was shaking for days after) .

Have a nice day with S and try to chill .

Oh my goodness Karen, you certainly wouldn't have had that at body jam! The whole episode must have been really frightening, your adrenaline must have been pumping. I hope you had a good remainder of the day with S.

M x

Wow what excitement!

With all that exercise u will catch me up :) and u will get that 2 stone award xx

Back