Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Welcome back Katie, and not to worry, whatever the scales say you'll get it off.

Welcome back, you will gave Bo problem getting your focus back...you are the queen of atkins

Drumroll...just to prove maintenance works.....weigh in today was DOWN 0.3kg from 27/7 and only 0.2 kg above my lowest ever at 76.3kg!!!!!

Given 6 weeks hols, last 4 camping and enjoying france I am very happy:) I no longer track my food anyway, just make choices to feel good. Let a bit loose first week of hols and felt bad - dodgy tummy and lots of aches and pains - so went back to the food i like!

What was a typical day:
B bacon and eggs (not croissants or french bread - grains really make me feel bad lol)
L pate, cheese, cold meats, salads - as much as fancy. Some joseph pittas
D bbq steak/chicken etc lots of vegs. No restriction on tomatoes or tomatoey sauces. Berries and creme fraiche
Snacks - lots of nuts

Daily treats - 1 or 2 frites off DD plate, 1 or 2 mouthfuls of DH dessert (often too sweet lol), small piece of choccie, maybe a plum or some fruit
And tons and tons of vino (rose, white, red)
No exercise except putting the tent up and down....

Love low carb living...feeling fabulous....

You can do it too xxxx

What a wonderful post, I really want to get to goal.....holidays without weight gain love the idea....even when I was younger I always put on weight, except the first time I went on hols, we had very little money so lived off packet soup which we had brought with us and not much else...

Great to have you back, Katie! Hope you had a fabulous time! :D

And wow, your maintenance results are truly inspiring. I didn't manage to make low carb my permanent lifestyle when I did Atkins before, but seeing you do it has me thinking that this time I will! (my family thinks I won't, but I'll show 'em!;))

You are SO inspiring Katie!!! I was like that in Toronto - kept to plan with the odd day of Starbucks fraps or lattes and 2 ice creams in the 2 weeks I was away - and I maintained - I think I was slightly down! So I know it works.

Thanks for inspiring me to continue and beat it! Hugs xxxx

Can I be you, please? You sound so happy, it's great, and great to see a happy maintenance without denial.

Fantastic Katie, truly inspiring. I have to say whilst on holiday I ate some pasta, potatoes and bread , can honestly say I was quite disappointed with them and i realised that I CAN actually live without them!

Morning all:)

Exhausted at 9pm, up 3 times to wee, thirsty and mouth like yuck....think i must be de-toxing from the hols!
Trying to get through horribly large inbox, not kicked the vino habit yet, but did get to first dance class yesterday...

At least it's sunny:D
Xxx

Morning Katie!! You sound very buoyant !! Great to have you back! Xx

Nice to have you back Katie, you truly have this way of eating licked................am jealous, I still have to get my head round the fact that they do me more harm than good xxx

Thanks All xx
((hugs)) Bren - agree that I am lucky that a) i have a very low discomfort/pain level b) many carby things now seem to disagree with me..helps keep me focused on what makes me feel good. Luckily (or not!) wine is fine:) i know you will get back in the zone when you are ready x

Kat1e said:
Exhausted at 9pm, up 3 times to wee, thirsty and mouth like yuck....think i must be de-toxing from the hols!

And now stinky wee - the big K has arrived!

I have never had stinky wee either with ketosis it asparagus!

iv never had stinky wee with ketosis either but i have had stinky other bodily function.... i know they are ususally stinky but ketosis makes it smell vile... soz

Morning stinky Katie (not really lol) hope you have a great weekend xxx

Morning all:)

Obviously should never have started the stinky discussion in my diary lol:D

Enjoying a lovely lazy sunny weekend sitting around in garden. Had my p's over to a BBQ lunch yesterday which was nice - almost finished that french box of rose now...maybe that's why i had to test the hammcok out! ;)

Enjoying being back at home and full choice of food; also trying to decide the plan for next few months. Basically i seem to have found a weight that my body likes so that's good. Unfortunately a few of my 16 trousers are getting big but i cant quite wear 14s. So plan is to try to maintain while shifting body fat and leaning out - just 0.5 cm or so off hips. Plan of action:
Cut back on the vino - that means some nights off a week (oops!)
Keep dancing but try do vibroplate 3 times a week
Keep going eating as is - seems to work. Dont up the evening chocolate too much:D

Hope everyone's having a great weekend
Xx

Back