Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

I loved Zumba but ended up drenched - I didn't hold back lol. Absolutely swamped at work at the mo and not getting on here much so trying to catch up on diaries. Where are you going next week? Xx

Just popping in to say hi & happy Christmas to all my Minimins friends. Coming up to my 4th atkinsversary - still living low carb but extra inch on waist with a few trousers too tight so will come join the rush in January! In the meantime I'm heading into another grain free low carb Christmas happily - found a yummy looking recipe for sweet potato brownies! See you next year:D Xxx

Morning all, Happy New Year!

Last day of hols today but back to first dance class today and on induction tomorrow. It's my 4th atkinsversary so hubby and I are going to do a bit of work! I never quite got rid of the summer rose roll on my tum, so need to get focused. Had a great Christmas - still avoided grains but enjoyed LOTS of wine and some choccie. Need more trousers to fit. DH is opposite - he has lost weight while putting inches on so he is aiming for the gym to swap flab for muscle.

So goal is:
Get back into my favourite trousers (about an inch?)
Lose approx 6kg
Don't drink during the week
Keep dancing but also do a bit of gym to strengthen shoulder (which causes problems)

How:
Back to induction - so have to give up 2 main staples of my maintenance life - houmous and nuts:( will see how I do.
Upside is I won't be worrying about bread etc
Will look at my original menu to see if that helps

Good luck all
Xxx

Morning all:)
Got to a belly dance class yesterday so that was a nice intro to get moving again. This morning I'm off to Zumba so will take it carefully so I don't pull anything. My Zumba clothes are scarily tight :eek: also need to increase steps - my fitbit flex claims I've been remarkably lazy recently!

Food today should be clean and green I hope - off the wine until the weekend at least;)

Have a great day all xx

Morning all, Good day yesterday - getting back into the swing:

enjoyed Zumba although a bit tiring after the break.
Restarted my mindfulness meditation
Slept really really well probably due to lack of wine:)
No wine, nuts or humous

I even did some work - shame we can't scrap that bit;) also decided to sign up for the primal 21 day challenge that starts Monday (see marks daily Apple if you don't know about primal) - will be focusing on good natural foods, movement and sleep.

Have a good day! X

Good day yesterday but was so hungry! Looking at MFP I realised that by not eating nuts as a snack I'm actually not eating enough calories! Slightly higher in carbs than initially planned as fennel with dinner is a bit higher plus needed to eat left over Bol sauce to fill in the gaps. So will aim to put more protein & fat in the plan today.

Back to another of my dance classes and always feels good to move. Tonight is belly dancing. Have also order a doorway pull up bar in order to prepare for next weeks primal challenge. Since I am starting from a position of not being able to do one at all, the target is to achieve one in three weeks:)

Sleep is amazing at the moment since off the wine - always feels incredible - the problem is getting out of bed in the morning as I just want more

Have a good day all x

Hi Katie - going well as always :). What's the primal challenge?

I'm mostly updating on the WEMITTS page, link in my sig - but basically I'm on Day 7 of no alcohol, Day 5 of no ciggies and Day 3 of Slimming World - and loving it. Like you I've noticed my sleep getting better, which is fab!

Sxxx

Hi Katie - going well as always :). What's the primal challenge? I'm mostly updating on the WEMITTS page, link in my sig - but basically I'm on Day 7 of no alcohol, Day 5 of no ciggies and Day 3 of Slimming World - and loving it. Like you I've noticed my sleep getting better, which is fab! Sxxx

Hi Susie, will see if I can find you:)

Primal challenge is from marks daily Apple - 21 day challenge focusing on primal food (so no processed, focus on healthy food), primal movement (being able to do all the basics that are how humans move ie not gym. So that's push ups, pull-ups, squats and planks! Luckily starts with really easy progression:) finally primal sleep - getting lots, avoiding screens and blue lights before bed etc

Congrats on 7/5/3 - well done:D
X

Afternoon folks. Feels like a good week with some sort of exercise everyday. Continued off the wine last night as I just sooo love the sleep:) been out to Zumba this morning so generally feeling good.

Started looking at the fitness assessment I need to do before Monday's primal challenge. My pull-up bar arrived and I can't even hang from it without everything hurting so will be interesting to see what I can do in 3 weeks! Press ups ditto. Plank- just collapsed and decided lying on floor better;) finally the squats - yeah I'm not completely hopeless just mostly!!!!

Off to my friends for dinner and to stay tonight. They like primal too so sounds like a fab menu and we are taking our primal lowcarb cheesecake and wine:D

Have a great evening all xx

Hello :) here to follow your primal challenge. I have the primal blueprint book and would love to do the challenge when I'm bored of my vlcd...:)

Katie, you are such an inspiration. I totally agree about the no alcohol = better sleep...! Amazing sleep!
I hope to be maintaining by this time next year...I can't wait - I bet you feel amazing compared to when you first started!
Intrigued abt your primal challenge. Sounds very interesting! x

Morning folks, all going well here. Down about 1kg in 2 weeks so on track. Primal challenge fun and going well except the pull-up, squats, planks s and push-ups mean that everything hurts! Of to the gym today to do bike sprints before my belly dance class:eek:

Wow. Go you. That certainly sounds like hard work. Good for you!! Great loss too. Well done. X

Good on you Katie. How was last week? Are you still completely off the wine? And how's the primal challenge? :)

Back