Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Morning all. Woke up at 2am with a headache but paracetamol and water helped and then slept ok. Think the problem is i haven't figured out how to drink water while i'm sleeping lol!

Nice brekkie and packed a hoard of goodies to take to office to make sure i dont get led astray

Expected challenges for the day:
i always nibble in the office - will try drink water instead
Out to dinner tonight with dh (babysitter all booked yea) - but can i resist the wine?!

Roll on day 4

Morning Katie, if you stick to a nice dry red or white there's no need to resist, but be aware, on induction you'll be a cheap drunk. DH might be surprised ;)

Last edited:
Well done Katie, preparation is the key, hun :)

And Jim is right, your wine tolerance will have slipped a bit, part of the Atkins fun :D

Think the problem is i haven't figured out how to drink water while i'm sleeping lol
omg oh yes we all need drips! great idea. we need to get cheryl to get us some ;)

Yes ill echo what Jim and Suz say - drink does get straight to your head ;)

Home after a day in the office. It went well enough & I managed a nice legal lunch in the canteen - rather disappointed to discover the only items I could have in the salad bar were lettuce and cucumber though :(

Thanks for all your advice on drinking......
if you stick to a nice dry red or white there's no need to resist, but be aware, on induction you'll be a cheap drunk. DH might be surprised ;)

And Jim is right, your wine tolerance will have slipped a bit, part of the Atkins fun :D

Yes ill echo what Jim and Suz say - drink does get straight to your head ;)

2 people on atkins having a drink together, an early night.....very interesting!

That really makes me feel like this might be the lifestyle for me lol!

Still not sure of the plan - when I started I thought this was a great opportunity to stop drinking for 2 weeks, I've already reset that target to 1 week (surely anyone could stick to that) ;)

Actually the weather might decide for us - we normally hop on the bus but might take the car as it is peeing down here. That can be an excuse to stick to water.

Hope everyone enjoys their friday evening!

End of day 4 and in a sunny mood. Dh and i agreed that since this was about new lifestyle and not a diet we should be careful not to put ourselves off early on (you know where i'm going with this!)

Rain stopped so we jumped on the bus into town, did our salsa class and then went to a great fish restaurant and treated ourselves to a glass of lovely muscadet each. The advice was spot on - we were cheap dates- felt fuzzy so had to walk home to get some fresh air :)

So
B bacon and eggs
L grilled chicken and salad (first attempt in work canteen - v straightforward)
D grilled seabass, spinach & garlic, fennel salad, olives
S peperami,celery and parmesan dip, salami, parmesan

W loads
E dance class plus 25 min walk home
A 1 glass of dry white (delish)

Night night!

Well done & dinner sounded delish. x

Eating out for the first time can be tricky - sounds like you've got it sussed. And ITA re the wine - that's one of the Joys of Atkins!

End of day 5 and all going well. Lazy weekend planned so that has been nice.

Started with a detox back massage as a special treat and that seems to have finally got rid of the lingering headache at last. Had great fun working our way through the fridge and deciding what to cook for next couple of days - enjoying all the recipes on the sticky thread.

Also made my first MIM which DH and I split for a teatime snack - didn't add quite the right proportions (bit light on splenda & flavoring) but can see the potential and quite excited to try all the different ideas out. Can't do them all in one day though or will be an induction disaster;)

Also we got a wii fit plus & board today which will become my new scales (my current ones are hopelessly inconsistent which was fine when I was avoiding them for last 2 years but not if I need to add to the january weight loss thread!). Therefore spent the afternoon playing games with DH and DD - my favorite is the flying game. You have to flap your arms/wings & fly around various targets......if you think it sounds silly.....it is!!!

Food today:
B smoked salmon and scrambled egg
L Turkey in avocado & boursin sauce, salad
D Grilled steak, baked aubergine+spinach+cheese, large grilled mushroom
S 1/2 Mim, celery and remaining sauce to dip, pepperoni

W lots
E silly games on the wii fit :D
A 1 glass of dry red with the steak

Another lazy day tomorrow working on recipes and meal plans. Then roll on monday for WI and end of week 1:)

Sounds like an excellent start, Katie, and love the sound of the flying game :)

I really believe the key to Atkins is planning ahead - always have protein in the fridge cooked or ready to cook, make a few Mims (I make savoury Mims and keep them in the fridge for 2-3 days) ready to toast and snacky stuff for when you just want to graze :)

Oh goodness I wish I could get a taste for savoury mims but they just don't hit the spot like sweet ones do. Would rather have cream cheese on a sweet one or pate on a celery stick lol

i just can't quite get the savoury mims right, they are just too eggy somehow.

but the choccie ones are yum. oh and the coconut and almond ones are yum yum!

i just can't quite get the savoury mims right, they are just too eggy somehow.

but the choccie ones are yum. oh and the coconut and almond ones are yum yum!

That is exactly the problem - too eggy, and don't get me wrong, I love eggs in all forms but it just seems wrong in a savoury mim somehow!

Back