Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Katie, are you really sitting in the audience of strictly come dancing???? I swear to god I saw you behind Brucie at one point!!!!

Lol - not as far as i know :eek: maybe i have a twin i dont know about :eek::eek:
:D

Just had a read of your diary Katie, you are doing so well, you're an inspiration to us all and I bet you're floating on air, now you're in the 13's :)

Morning all, thanks for the lovely comments:)

DH and DD just headed out the door to legoland with a packed lunch and spare clothes (DD likes the wet rides:eek: ). I've got a day off - firstly i hate crowds and theme parks; secondly i refuse to pay outrageous sums for something i hate;) i did offer to go to help DH and make it a family day - but he doesn't want to have that grumpy me around either- Phew!

Anyhow, a whole day to enjoy - need to tidy the kitchen and do the tesco order. Think i'll potter round to my parents for coffee later.....
Hmm. If i'm feeling energetic maybe i'll go through my cupboards and throw a load more clothes out.

Have a great sunday all :D
Xx

Last edited:
Morning Katie. Trev has learnt that persuading me to do something I don't want to results in a grumpy me so now accepts 'because I dont want to' as a valid reason lol. Enjoy your Sunday

Evening all:)

Well a pleasant day although not as restful as planned. After lunch I decided to tackle my wardrobe - tried everything on - made huge piles for charity and ebay and moved the summer stuff downstairs and found some winter clothes that fit. Although I'm sad to lose some old favorites that really hang now it feels a darn sight better than when clothes are too tight!

Also I've been reading up on OWL. The standard plan in the book is to move from induction after 2 weeks in 5g increments going up the carb rungs and checking for triggers as well as finding your critical carb level to lose.

Since I've been on induction all year, I already have a few items from many of the rungs, plus I moved up to 30g for the summer so need to try something a bit different.

My plan is to start on 30g (as now) but cut the wine out during the week. Luckily i've already finished off my favorite sf treats too so no problem there. Then I'm going to expand the range and quantity of food from the first 7 rungs - basically putting back in all my favorites. If i lose weight over 2 weeks, then I will go up in 5g increments every fortnight.

So here's the plan & rungs:
1. Induction of acceptable vegetables in larger quantities - already eat what I want except not enough tomatoes. So excited by that:D
2. Fresh cheese/dairy - hmm happy with cheddar & double cream. Occasionally DH uses ricotta in cooking. Maybe some yogurt or tzatiki would be nice
3. Nuts and seeds - been having the odd cashew. Will add pistachios
4. Berries - already having strawberries, raspberries, blueberries. Will increase amounts
6. Alcohol - ahh yes - well no problems there;)
7. Legumes - been having a bit of houmous occasionally. Will up the amounts. Dont like other beans anyway
8. Other fruits - maybe try a bit of nectarine and apple?
9. Starchy vegetables - avoid for now (might be tempted by a bit of carrot!)
10. Whole grains - avoid

My plan is to keep a close eye on anything that causes hunger and cravings & take good note! Also to find my critical carb level for losing CCL.

So far my main problem is getting the carbs up:eek: Really wierd but I shall work on it

Rain has set in now.....hope you all had a fab weekend
xx

Thanks Bren:). Think it's actually scary moving off the rules of induction and upping carbs!

Anyhow, will try to start posting my menus again so i can track and watch for triggers (as well as mfp). So today:
B scrambled egg, bacon, half slice burgen toast with butter and marmite
S pork crackling
L smoked mackeral fillet and salad
S celery and houmous
D duck stirfry with leek, courgette, mangetout, red pepper served with celeriac rice (well shredded sort of!) - ie mostly left overs;)

E 2 hours working through cupboards
W some;)
A half bottle red

I can't even read the word mangetout without doing a Del-boy impression in my head lol.
So food wise it's going to be pretty much what you've been doing all summer but cutting the tomatoes (liquid variety ;))during the week

Good luck Katie, will be interested to see how you get on. Menu sounds fab

Evening all:)

Great day out with meetings and catch up coffees. Went into my previous office this afternoon - most people haven't seen me since early april so i got loads of nice compliments about looking healthy and trim. Nice ego boost:D

Food good - been struggling to get my carbs up - want to make sure i do have the full 30g. So added some sauce to tonights lamb and will have some strawberries shortly

So today:
B bacon, eggs, half slice burgen bread
S pork crackling
L steak salad
S pork crackling, pistachios
D lamb kebabs, sour cream sauce, aubergine, brocoli
S strawberries and cream

W not enof
E zumba cancelled:(. But walked about 30 mins total
A first night off - oh the strain;)

Request for ideas - need something to replace the pork crackling with a few more carbs. At home i would have celery and houmous but want something really easy to throw in my bag. Ideas please!

Back