Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Morning all:D

Well thank goodness it seems to have calmed down so had a nice sleep:). Off for my usual dance class today but then also having a gym induction:eek: I have decided this years goal (not resolution as i always break them;) ) is to improve my upper body strength. I sometimes get problems with my shoulders and neck and have been advised that stronger muscles might keep everything in its right place! Will never be a gym bunny but i have to walk through on my way to and from dancing so perhaps i could sneak the odd 15 mins in.

Also the fairy has been kind - new lowest weight on the scales today at 81.2kg. So that's the holiday gain off plus another half kilo. Not as satisfying as it should be as those 16s dont seem to be getting any looser! However will continue to keep the sf goodies at bay and no wine during the week and hope that it comes....

Having said that, dh and i being taken out to dinner at a posh italian tonight - must remember to pack a brownie bar:D

Hope you all have a great day
Xxxx

Ps edit for note to self about what's working:
Dropped the wine on weekday evenings
Dropped the half slice burgen for breakfast
Snacks are pork crackling, cheese and homemade meatballs - dropped celery and houmous and sf biscuits(sob)
Haven't needed any sandwiches so few wraps/pittas
Swapped to cheese for dessert instead of berries or sf choccie!

Last edited:
Morning!

Well done on the loss, Katie, that is so fab! And on your 2012 goals (am so with you on the resolution thing), hope the gym appointment goes well :)

Morning Katie, well done love. My new year resolution is to remain an idle bugger :)

OMG - they are just all torture devices:eek: So had a nice dance class and then my gym induction. 15 mins form filling and checking all my problems, (sciatica, bad shoulder etc) and then a 30 min run round the machines. So i now have a personal programme of 2-3 sets around the circuit weights machines. My upper body is completely pathetic and i cant lift anything. Cant do some because of my back. Did approx 15-20 mins to learn how to do. Now my muscles already feeling it - have a feeling i might need muscle relaxant and pain killers tonight - luckily wine meets both needs;)
Xxx

Oh Katie you poor thing I hope the muscles aren't too painful! But well done for going and trying everything out - will you keep up with the training cycle, do you think, or does it depend on how your back holds up?

Enjoy the wine :D

Evening all:)
Well last night was lovely - lots of yummy legal food: beef carpaccio with rocket and parmesan to start and then swordfish with tapenade and salad. Also enjoyed the wine....unfortunately was up from about 2am with the worst hangover ever and only started feeling better around lunchtime:eek: completely failed to get to this morning's zumba - was definitely poisoned!

Anyhow after a lazy day and dinner of pan fried pork with mushrooms, cream and celeriac mash plus a glass of red, feeling more human:D

Perhaps i'll do zumba wii tomorrow to make up for it?!
Xxx

Morning Katie! See you later! What time? Hope you have a good day? :) xx

Morning all:)
Just a post and run to say i'm still alive and happy but busy:). Food great, doing tons of exercise, sort of vaguely enjoying gym - but did sneak a nice bit of wine in at my girly dinner last night;). Looking forward to seeing Susie and Di later - at least we will be induction good;) sorry alpy cant make it though.

Hope all well - and look forward to catching up soon
Xxxx

Ps snuck into bravissimo yesterday - from 38F last jan to 32FF now - hmm ;)

Morning Katie love, sounds like you been busy love and 32FF yum yum :D

Morning Katie, hope you guys had a lovely night last night.x

Back