Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

I used mims the first 4-5 months - as well as flax bread. I actually needed half a mim a day to stay regular - suited me:D

Not sure I have your metabolism Katie ! I'm just so cautious about trying things that might scupper me at the moment

Ive got to do an LCM or Avid order, have struggled this past couple of weeks without my shakes, bars & wraps.... need to get my head back in the zone to shift the last pesky lbs if my body will allow me!

Morning Katie, I actually eat the odd sandwich now, but I didn't eat any L/C or S/F stuff when on Induction or OWL, but then they weren't readily available then either.

Morning all:)

Hi Linz - agree that now i have made the various goodies part of life, i cant live without them. For me the wraps and pitas mean i dont miss real bread!

Hi Jim, i am planning to start trying out more grains when i think i am a bit more stable on maintenance - i am a bit nervous though as i didnt like the tummy ache after i tried quinoa before xmas! Might start with white rice - been reading that it actually is more tolerable for normal LCers than other grains.

Anyway, just sent DH and DD out into the cold - have to follow shortly as it's DDs class assembly and i have been told i cant miss it;). We are also rethinking our plans for the weekend - supposed to be driving 4 hours to mid wales fri, then driving all around shropshire and the malverns saturday and driving back sunday. Given the current forecast of ice and snow - we may need to postpone....especially as both the pil's house and my friend's house regularly get snowed in. Hmmm

Lunch out today - off to the richmond tapas place which is so atkins friendly and then knuckle down to keep going on my dissertation this afternoon

Have a good day all
Xxx

Sounds like a hectic weekend, Katie!

Sounds like it might be a better plan to postpone your trip Katie, the weather is going to get grim!

FYI Mama Lupe wraps are back in stock at LCM, I got an email this morning.

Morning katie, as Susie says, the weather forecast is grim. I do eat rice occasionally but it doesn't half give me wind :(

Morning all:)

Right - decision to postpone our trip made - i was already wary about heading for mid wales in winter as they dont have decent heating - the combination of extreme cold snap followed by snow means it just doesnt make sense - not just my southerner discomfort but safety on the roads! DH rang MIL this am and she is relieved too as she had been awake since 3am worrying about us!

WI day today and sts which is just right on maintenance - still having to practice and get brain used to the idea;). Feeling rather relaxed as it was going to be a crazy day packing etc and now plenty of time to decide plans for the weekend. My frankenfood orders have arrived - wraps, biccies, ketchup, choccie - need to decide on what i fancy today:D

See you all later
Xxx

Morning Katie

Organised as always! lol

Probably best decision to wait for the Welsh trip xx

I agree with the others, postpone the trip until the weather is more reliable and have a nice relaxing one :)

And well done on the STS lol - it does sound funny, after all that time focusing on losing - but perfectly right for you, because your losing is all done! :D

Good decision, stay at home, weather in parts looks nasty. I've just been out to check on the chooks and I'm not going out again until this afternoon's egg check! No snow but brrrrrr around the exposed body parts!

morning Katie

Thank goodness you decided to postpone your trip!

Hope you have a good Sunday! xx

Morning Katie, I'd say you made the right decision without a doubt there.

Evening all:)

Sorry been a bit awol - trying to get this coaching dissertation finished:eek: think i've broken the back of it - now just need to delete one word in three and hope it makes sense!;)

Lovely weekend NOT driving around wales - thank goodness. Went to a neighbours for a kitchen warming sat night, DD enjoyed playing in the snow sunday and I enjoyed the central heat and two new books:D

Was supposed to be up in town today but both my clients cancelled - so headed out to lunch with DH and then to the gym instead. Much more relaxed way to spend the day;) Enjoying usual atkins fare - it's so tasty. Only new maintenance test was a pizza using carbalose flour. Enjoyed it (20g carbs!) and will aim to have every two months or so.

Hope all well
Xxx

Morning Katie, you have maint sussed then. I am back to just eating one carby item a day, bread or rice or pasta or chips etc.

Back