Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

aww poor mum, hope she is on the mend.. sounds like a lovely stay in Windsor, i know the bridge well its lovely round there! some lovely pubs etc. i love windsor castle bought a lovely brooch in there very sparkly!! i like it there because if you keep your ticket you can go back again for free, not sure if its only once or all year (i think its once leeds castle in kent is all year i think) but well worth the trips to windsor. Hope you stayed away from that chocolate fudge shop and the shope with the stunning cakes!! near the wetherspoons which has a nice terrace out the back not the weather for it tho..

love to mummy xx

Hope your mum is well on the mend Katie, not a nice thing - but your holiday in Windsor sounds fab, I love there, used to go a lot when I lived in St Margarets.

Morning Katie... hope your mum recovers soon! xxx

Awww Katie hope all well now with mum ...sounds like you had a fab time away in Windsor ....love the sound of what you ate over the weekend ....doesn't sound like a diet to me :)

How is your mom Katie?

Sometimes it's just nice to get away from the house and doesn't matter where you go. Crab & avocado omlette sounds fab. x

Afternoo, I hope your mum is ok...I like the sound of your weekend

Evening all.

Thanks for all your good wishes for mum - she is recovering well so far. She ended up with about 30 stitches on her forehead :eek: also badly bruised her elbow and other arm! We are very lucky it was "only" an A&E visit given she's 79!

otherwise life busy as usual. I have got far enough on my website to let you all see it....
Lckat1e.weebly.com

Please take a look and let me know what you think. The idea is to have my favourite recipes that i use all the time in one place - so it also answers the question what do you usually eat:D

If any of you fancy doing something similar - can i recommend weebly.com as it's free and really easy to set your site up. I'd love to link through to your sites so just let me know. Come on recipe testers and gurus - i know you are there:D

Looks fabulous Katie - I'll set one up too, I love projects like that :)

Does it cost £ to host the website?

Really good to hear your mum's on the mend!

Lovely site, Katie! Your poor mum but yes, very lucky the fall wasn't worse - thank goodness. Hope she's well on the mend.

Fantastic site! Mobile friendly too. My hubby does web design and he's impressed too. He says it looks like a pro did it on a tight budget (it IS a compliment). I might use it for recipe inspiration. It's a very easy site to use.

i would love to do web design i wanted to make a site to sell my jewellery i did do a course in uni years ago a html course but i wouldnt know how to go about it now xx

It's very easy (apparently). Word Press is apparently the easiest and most user friendly platform to do it in. I'm told there are sites online where you build your site yourself for free or sometimes a small fee, all very helpful. Geared towards people who don't know how to do it but want to. Hosting shouldn't cost more than £20 a month (I'm told).
The rest of what hubby said went over my head. I've not got a clue when it comes to stuff like that.

Can i recommend weebly again (remind me to buy shares lol - oh hang on it's free!). It actually only took 20 mins to set up - content took me longer. I've done and can do html coding but what a faf. The site automatically does a mobile version for you - cool huh?
:D

What are are we all waiting for? I might give it a try just cos I can being free and all. I love free stuff, especially when it's good.

it was finding the right hosting that actually put me off doing the site for the jewellery i didnt want to sign up for one that was getting my money each month but did nothing for me etc. its ok for a fun site but i wanted to sell my stuff so ended up thinking i will do it ONE DAY, who are the best ones to do the hosting? i must admit the weebly site is impressive x

Back