Kat1e's Diary - 7 years low carb - still learning!

Great party:). Stopped off for dinner on the way and had a very large portion rotisserie chicken with salad. So stuffed, i never even looked at the party food and desserts! i did enjoy some red wine though:D

Here we are all dressed up (Great Gatsby)
Xxx

Attachments

• image-1352144620.jpg
    image-1352144620.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 104
yummmmmm rotissery chicken,should get my one out of the cupboard,as it does make
as same as the shop bought ones. :eatdrink023:
you two look great :D

Morning all:). Just popping in to say hi as crazy busy at the moment. Off shortly to business convention but with interesting speakers so should be good. Carefully packing my sandwich for lunc and plenty of snacks!

Willpower on overdrive- have successfully navigated two evenings of free booze with only water to show for it.....phew!

Will catch up at some point - hope all well
Xxxx

Well done. I failed the NMV miserably at the weekend but back on track now. Interesting speakers are essential. I booked some amazing people whose stories stayed with me but I'm still glad I'm no longer in that game. Have a great day. Snacking is my key too!

Great party:). Stopped off for dinner on the way and had a very large portion rotisserie chicken with salad. So stuffed, i never even looked at the party food and desserts! i did enjoy some red wine though:D

Here we are all dressed up (Great Gatsby)
Xxx

oh wow Katie I love your outfit! You both look so happy!

Hi all:)

Still struggling to catch up on everyone's diaries but I am with you all in spirit! All good this end but just madly busy. Downside is the madly busy is getting in the way of dancing:( Completely exhausted for some reason but not sure why as sleeping really well!

Done my NMV day 4 so that's 2 weeks now. Looking forward to the weekend especially we have a street party all sat afternoon:D
Xx

Hia Katie, don't worry about not getting around to diaries, just do what you can :) sorry you are feeling too exhausted to do your dancing but well done on the no vino :)

Morning all:)

Well a bit of quiet time this morning so I can catch up but unfortunately not for best reason. DH has had to go to Wales as MIL not well, so I am left to manage DD for the weekend. Wouldn't be such a problem except her homework (which will take hours of moaning and tantrums to do in 10mins) and my work (which has to be done by Monday morning) don't really mix!

I shouldn't really complain as it's the street party this afternoon so I plan to be out boozing with my friends all afternoon and evening while DD runs around madly. Perfect really:D

Have been pondering how we think and see ourselves while keeping up with diaries on here. I put on about 6lbs in 2 months over the summer due to wine and chocolate and don't like the flabby tummy and tight trousers that has brought! So I tend to be down & hard on myself. But when I see friends they all say I look great and have I lost more! So I'm pretty sure that a lot of this is in my head. I have to keep remembering where I started and the fact that I'm not even trying to get my young body back.

So to try to stay balanced, I have deliberately NOT gone back to induction and instead cutting out the wine 4 days a week plus no evening square of choc. Otherwise eating as normal. Lost 1lb in 2 weeks so nice & slow. I went shopping today and cheap size 12 dress fit well and looks good so some retail therapy helps. Think I might dig out some of my weight loss journey photos out and post them on the board to keep me focused and happier - hope you don't mind.

Sorry all a bit of a ramble - actually just think I'm missing DH because it's unplanned and not for good reasons :sigh:

Anyway on we go. Talk later
Xx

i think we are harder on ourselves than we realise,which can be a bad thing.
hope mil will be ok.
enjoy your afternoon,and have one...two...oh heck down as much as you can lol
xx

Re: Kat1e's Diary - a little focus needed!

Good that you can see yourself being hard on erm, yourself as often we don't. We forget to look back see how far we've come and a little blip is seen as massive failure. You've got great figure and I agree with posting weight loss journey photos, would benefit you from seeing them (and I want to see them too, but that's me probably just being nosy, lol) x

Thanks both, support on here always helps. DD picked up, fed and maths homework done. So only literacy hanging over us for tomorrow!
Party starts soon so I'd better get that salad made etc

And I've stuck my photos under the inspirational photos section - I sure needed inspiration and I thought might be useful for others.
See you later
Xxxx

Missed the photo before, it's awesome! Street party sounds great, hope the weather is better than it is here! I went without wine the whole summer and lost 10lbs. and felt great too. Now that I'm back on it I can see it's not really the wine, but all the other bits, that I eat along with it. Sorry to hear about your mil, hope everything is ok there. x

Hi Katie - lovely to see you back on the forum! You really are the Atkins poster girl and I've sent loads of people to read your diary in the last few weeks. Hope all is well with you - sorry to hear your MIL isn't well and I hope the street party today was good - what was the occasion? A lovely neighbourly thing to do. :)

I have had no alcohol for six weeks, and very little for the six weeks before that, so I'm feeling I should do NMV while I'm in induction, but the little devil on my shoulder is telling me that it's Saturday night, and I've been soooo good that I deserve a little treat and a glass of wine. Arrrrgh - can I start cheating again on my first day???

Before you shout Katie, no wine was had. Saving that up for next weekend. I'm so proud. :D

By the way, if you're seeing two of this message, it's time to put the glass down...

By the way, if you're seeing two of this message, it's time to put the glass down...

:sign0151:

Morning all- not sure i can add the good in front of it as a bit wobbly.....

Just on my first cup of tea and really need a chef to whip me up a large cooked breakfast - will stagger into kitchen shortly! Party was fab and I managed to get rid of a whole selection of vino that we wanted to clear out (heavier stuff that isn't our favourite). Nothing like good friends to help you out...:D

Rolled home about 10.30 after a 3 pm start - DD seems rather bouncy and bright unlike me....

Hi Clare :wavey: good to see you and looking forward to catching up on your news. Lol think it was more like triple:p

Cats & Dd fed - better sort myself out now

Edit-
Ah that's better. One of my favourite parts of the day - bacon and eggs for breakfast:D I love when I am on courses and things and people see me sit down with an overloaded plate of what they think is naughty food - I just know it's what my bodies needs and works well on! Given I consider their toast and cereal to be poison we are about even!

Update on food for yesterday:
B bacon and cheese & chorizo omelette
L chicken soup (cooked up from bones previous day), celery & humous
D 2 burgers, 2 sausages & salad about 5ish. Small bowl of chilli about 8. Lots of grape juice!
S some nuts

Last edited:
Street party sounds fab, Katie - and I just wanted to say, I loved your comment about sometimes forgetting how far you have come - so true of all of us!

Love the fact that you sorted the cats before yourself. We have six now, so all cats are/will be neutered when grown a bit and that's our lot, forever if I have my way! Sounds like you had a great time - hope your MIL is recovering and your OH is back with you soon. Did you get your weekend work sorted?

My OH said to me just yesterday that our wine rack was overflowing so it must be time to get some friends round, great minds LOL! :D

Back