Step 1 Sole Source Kate's Daily Diary

So...13 days in...weigh in 2 tomorrow. Have stuck 100% so far. :) :) not expecting a huge loss tomorrow tho after last week, but we shall see.

Really weirdly I find it so much easier to do the weekly food shop now I know I'm not eating it! There's no guilt...I quite enjoy going to the supermarket now. Is that just me or does anyone else find that?

As above. New life, new you! I've been avoiding the local supermarket as my ex from 2 years ago works there, don't give a hoot about him but can't wait to strut in at target and see his face!

He's the one missing out! And actually my ex cheating on me was the best thing that ever happened to me... The course of events that lead to made my life pretty awesome!

As above. New life, new you! I've been avoiding the local supermarket as my ex from 2 years ago works there, don't give a hoot about him but can't wait to strut in at target and see his face!

He's the one missing out! And actually my ex cheating on me was the best thing that ever happened to me... The course of events that lead to made my life pretty awesome!

That's a fab attitude. I'm an advocate of 'whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger' although it might bl**dy hurt at the time!! X

So...weigh in this morning and I've lost 6 lbs this week so 1st 3lbs total. But most importantly have been 100% on the plan. Water is now my best friend!

I tried one of the bars today as a treat...a chocolate chewy one. Was lovely, but felt a bit too much like food if you know what I mean?!

I only got one to try so I'll decide whether to get more flavours next week.

Really looking forward to going swimming this week. I've been once or twice since starting cd, but I want to go more regularly again, as I feel like my body's adapted pretty well so far. Not going to overdo it, I just want some endorphins. :) hope everyone else is ok and things are going well. Xxx

Fabulous - well done you ! Thats an amazing loss and I bet it's been a huge motivation to keep going?

I now love the bars, although strangely I find that I feel hungrier after eating one? Once I start chewing I just want more !! I have my next WI tomorrow, its been 31 days and I think I should be around 28 or 29 lbs off, so feeling dead keen to get to the 2 stone mark :)

I agree with feeling hungrier...but they are lovely ! ;) still going good and 100%. :) can't wait for Tuesday's weigh in. Had a rubbish week personally, but managed to cope with it without food, which would have been my usual coping mechanism. If I ever find myself craving food for emotional reasons in the future, it's a load of rubbish, as if I could manage it this week I can manage it any time.

So it's Sunday and I'm awake. Have the slightly gruesome task of going to help empty my uncle's flat today, with my other uncle and aunt who've not really spoken to me for nigh on ten years. Oh the joy of family. Will take plenty of water and be strong. X

So...not been around much this week, but despite everything I've stuck to the plan...23lbs in 3 weeks. Happy happy bunny. :) just need to keep going. X

Well done Kate, you're doing fab, now you're doing this 100% you must feel like you can take on anything!

X

Thanks, Hun. I love the fact that if I'm craving something it's simply not an option...taking choice away makes me feel more freedom...i know that sounds ridiculous but it's how I feel! You're doing fantastically. :) must feel great to be almost at the end of the first part of your journey. I think what scares me most is moving up the steps and maintenance as am a bit of an 'all or nothing' kind of gal! But hey ho...I think I'll always be in maintenance...complacency is what makes me fat!

But excitingly...under half a stone to go before I'm not obese any more...just overweight! ;) x

Thanks, Hun. I love the fact that if I'm craving something it's simply not an option...taking choice away makes me feel more freedom...i know that sounds ridiculous but it's how I feel! You're doing fantastically. :) must feel great to be almost at the end of the first part of your journey. I think what scares me most is moving up the steps and maintenance as am a bit of an 'all or nothing' kind of gal! But hey ho...I think I'll always be in maintenance...complacency is what makes me fat!

But excitingly...under half a stone to go before I'm not obese any more...just overweight! ;) x

You just described me perfectly, this is why i love Cambridge - all or nothing, no faffing with "oh you can have this, or that, but not that" that's why I love sole source so much. Naughtily having a SS day today, just easier!! I know I gotta face the steps and maintenance eventually, and I do, and I will, but I will be doing 5:2 to maintain using Cambridge on the 2, so don't feel it's so bad for me to do a ss day occasionally as I will ongoing anyway!

Yay for being overweight, it's such an achievement after being obese, I was obese for years, then next thing you'll fly through to normal BMI before you know it!

Ria

X

Liking the idea of 5:2 in maintenance...makes perfect sense to me. :) bit like a safety net, I guess. :) x

So this weekend was torture...rare night out with the girls on friday (i drove to make sure i didn't drink) then hubby decided to BBQ both sat and sun (understandably given the weather!) I hid inside but it smelt great! I'm not normally bothered about BBQ so I guess my tastes are changing. However, I think I enjoyed my night out more for being sober and tho it was a really late one, no hangover! Bonus! :) I craved all afternoon sat and was really hungry, but I'm beginning to realise that frequently I think I'm hungry when in reality I need sleep, so a good learning experience. Also had another essay to write this weekend and food didn't really cross my mind. :) :) :) hmmm...not sure I believed that cd could really change my life/habits...but now I think it might just be! 4 weeks tomorrow... Wow...time flies! X

Well done on avoiding the BBQ temptations!

I had to close the windows yesterday as next door were BBQing (how dare they!) and the smell really made my tummy growl!

Like you I'm noticing previous patterns of behaviour and how I've used food when I needed something else - no other diet has ever done that for me before!

Hope you have a fab day xx

Well done on avoiding the BBQ temptations!

I had to close the windows yesterday as next door were BBQing (how dare they!) and the smell really made my tummy growl!

Like you I'm noticing previous patterns of behaviour and how I've used food when I needed something else - no other diet has ever done that for me before!

Hope you have a fab day xx

Thanks Cupcake. I'm having a good day today. :) very chocolatey tho as I didn't plan my shakes particularly well this week...choc tetra brik for lunch, just had a choc chewy bar (feels very naughty!) and choc mint hot choc later! But 100% nonetheless. :)

K xx

So....wi was Tuesday...unbelievably a total of two stone gone in just four weeks! But most importantly am sticking to it. Been in Paignton since tues with my son at a dance festival and despite going with our friends for fish and chips on the beach, wine in the bar and breakfast in the hotel, I've not even been tempted. Lots of compliments from the other mums too. :) and he's qualified for the nationals too so a good week all round. :) :)

Wow- fabby weight loss and self control! That's so inspirational! It's hard being away at the best of times, but more so having to work out CD meals and loo stops too!

Well done you! Xx

Wow- fabby weight loss and self control! That's so inspirational! It's hard being away at the best of times, but more so having to work out CD meals and loo stops too!

Well done you! Xx

Thank you :) :) :) I think tbh it helped that the other mums and dads I was with didn't really bat an eyelid. And the weather was so fab I was glad I could wear summer dresses again without feeling too self conscious. Kind of kept me focused. :)

With regard to the loo stops...I think I'm odd as my bladder is enormous...but travelling with a seven year old boy means constant loo stops anyway! ;)

Still going strong despite hubby cooking yet another BBQ tonight! I've managed to fit into lots of old clothes this week...that's the only inspiration I need. Am a bit of a hoarder, so I can't wait to go 'shopping' in my attic for 'new' old things to wear! I have the next three dress sizes down so I don't really have to shop til I hit target. :)

So....wi was Tuesday...unbelievably a total of two stone gone in just four weeks! But most importantly am sticking to it. Been in Paignton since tues with my son at a dance festival and despite going with our friends for fish and chips on the beach, wine in the bar and breakfast in the hotel, I've not even been tempted. Lots of compliments from the other mums too. :) and he's qualified for the nationals too so a good week all round. :) :)

Wow :eek: that is fantastic! I'm currently on day 3.. came across your diary and was interested to see how you had gotten on as we are the same height (although I am starting out heavier!) and the idea that if I carry this on 100% I could potentially be in your shoes in 4 weeks is so inspiring!!

Wow :eek: that is fantastic! I'm currently on day 3.. came across your diary and was interested to see how you had gotten on as we are the same height (although I am starting out heavier!) and the idea that if I carry this on 100% I could potentially be in your shoes in 4 weeks is so inspiring!!

Aww..thank you kanga. :) try not to get too hung up on the weight loss tho (easier said than done, I know!) it's sticking to it that's important. I did a sneaky weigh this morning and wished I hadn't...it's totm and I've only lost a lb so far this week despite being 100%. Much easier to focus on what I can actually control! ;) xx

Back