Step 1 Sole Source Kate's Daily Diary

I admire you having nights out! I am being a bit of a hermit I'm afraid. Have done cinema and theatre but avoided other nights out. I do have a "night off" planned for 8th July but other than that I'm finding it easier staying home. Bit of a copout I know...
I was really nervous about stepping up in a few weeks as the products are so easy and somehow "safe" but I've been reading lots of blogs and forums and have found some great recipes that I'm looking forward to trying in week 13! What do you enjoy most as your 200 cal meal when you're on Step 2?
:)

Hmmm. Good question... To be honest I didn't often make meals, I'd just weigh my protein and green veg and either have a salad or cooked chicken with veg. One of my favourites though was either prawns or chicken with asparagus and courgettes.

I found it seemed like A LOT of food on step 2 in comparison. I substituted the milk allowance for 0% fat plain yoghurt and I used to mix that with half a sachet of shake to try to get through all my products in one day. The key lime pie one is awesome like that!

Best of luck with moving up through the steps. You will be fine xx

So...over 5 weeks in and it's going well. Over 2 stone gone and more importantly, I've been 100% Ss. It seems to be going more slowly than the first time, but I know I'll get there in the end.

Just keep swimming! You are doing so very well, just keep at it and you'll be so pleased you did in another 5 weeks!

Nx

Hi Kate, I have read your entire journey and feel inspired! You have done amazingly! I started my Cambridge journey on Monday so weigh in is tomorrow. Really looking forward to it! I've been switching between ss+ and step 2 depending on how I've felt. I thought I'd struggle with the water but so far so good!
I have 3st to loose and hoping to hit 2.5st by 24th August... Holiday time! Anyway keep up the good work, reading your posts has really motivated me this week!

Awwww...thank you! You will definitely hit your goal if you stick with it! xxx

Having a good week and still 100% Ss. Not a huge weight loss this week but definitely gone down a clothes size. Woo hoo! I now have work clothes that fit!!!

So...7 weeks of SS down...feeling great! Having a hungry day today, though. Am working from home and having connectivity issues with my laptop so everything is sooooo slow! It makes me want to nibble whilst I wait. Have had two bars and some peppermint tea to keep me satisfied! xx

So I'm being a bit rubbish at updating! But I'm still here and still doing ss. Yesterday was a very good day - I finally hit the 3 stone lost mark, I got a size 14 top and pair of trousers on and then I got a new job I had an interview for! Happy me. I have a busy weekend and a posh party on sat night. Seeing my cdc today, so may speak to her about having a day off plan tomorrow. Undecided, though... I'm going to pop into town today to treat myself.

Random question...does anyone else find their shoe size reduces when they lose weight?

Yes! My shoes are definitely feeling looser, especially across the middle. I've always had quite a wide foot but have had to tighten a few straps the last few weeks!
Congratulations on the new job! I got one too a couple of months ago and am having my induction day tomorrow. Honestly don't think it would have happened without the confidence doing this diet has given me.
I had a night off for my leaving do on Friday and (so far) no damage. Got lots of good advice from my consultant and luckily was able to get straight back on plan the next day.
Hope things are still going well xx

Thank you! Yes, still going well. Weight loss has been a bit slow, but I think it's because I had a big loss and the time of the month. Looking forward to a great week next week. Size 14s now fit and I'm looking forward to hitting my target before my birthday at the end of October.

So I'm being a bit rubbish at updating! But I'm still here and still doing ss. Yesterday was a very good day - I finally hit the 3 stone lost mark, I got a size 14 top and pair of trousers on and then I got a new job I had an interview for! Happy me. I have a busy weekend and a posh party on sat night. Seeing my cdc today, so may speak to her about having a day off plan tomorrow. Undecided, though... I'm going to pop into town today to treat myself.

Random question...does anyone else find their shoe size reduces when they lose weight?
Well done on losing 3 stone and getting into size 14 and congratulations on your new job.

My feet are getting smaller as I lose weight:)

Thank you Mini xx So I'm still here. Got my 12 week weigh in on Tuesday, so we shall see how it's gone xxx

Hi wiggly bunny,

I just sat and read your whole diary, you are such an inspiration! I started exante today so although no cd it's the same principle minus the counsellor. I have to say I am struggling a little and ended up having some chicken, I know it could have been worse but with over 4 1/2 stone to go I should be more controlled especially on day 1 .
Anyway I will keep stalking as reading your diary gives me hope xx

Great diary Coil & baby William scares me I've a mirena cool as last year I lost my baby at 5 months pregnant to sepsis and then keit hemoraghing so I had the cool put back to stop it
I really can't get pregnant

If you pop on here give us an update you did great x

Back