Kat's Diary

Got a new DVD today - Claire from Steps. It's great and I've just finished it, or should I say I finished it and loved it so much I put it on again and ended up doing an hour and three quarters!!! Dont think Ive ever exercised for that long in my life!

The dvd is really good, quite easy to follow even though Im completely uncoordinated and like I heard the male backing dancers remove a layer of clothing for each section until they end up with bare chests so that was something to focus on while I was doing the boxing section even if it did make me lose time a few times! lol! It's set to Steps music too and I was actually singing while exercising (well singing while huffing and puffing if that's possible!) Brought back some memories of when I was a holiday rep and had to dance to their songs on stage ten years ago!

I made a chocolate cheesecake tonight - one of the slimming world recipes so will give that a try after I weigh in tomorrow. Am hoping for a loss as Ive done 7 hours exercise this week and stuck to the diet and made sure Ive had my healthy extras instead of forgetting to have them. Ive just measured myself though and Im still at a loss of 43.5 inches and that hasnt changed in the last 2 weeks so am a bit disappointed that all the exercise this week hasnt budged any more, but hopefully I will have lost weight instead. Ive got 3 more weigh ins plus the one tomorrow before the wedding Im going to and I really want to shift another 7lb by then so Im keeping everything crossed that I get there!

Another great weigh in day - 3lb off!!!! So all that bouncing around like some kind of a nutter to my Claire from Steps dvd obviously paid off! Just 4lb more to go before I've lost 3 stone! It would be fantastic if I could do that next week but I dont think I will, although if I could do it over the next two weeks at 2lb a week that would be great as Id have the 7lb off I wanted by the wedding and get my 3 stone award in 15 weeks!

So happy!

good luck on getting that 3 stone award over the next two weeks. You started a couple of weeks before me and you have done amazingly well so far:)

Thanks Bayside! You're doing great too!

Have just measured myself and the inches seem to have started coming off again as Ive had 2 weeks of not budging, lost another 2.5 inches so thats 46 inches off now in 14 weeks which is great. Ive just looked at my tape measure and its 60 inches in length so Ive almost lost a whole tape measure! So weird when you think of it like that its a huge amount - infact it's longer than the desk Im sitting on typing this!! How big was I for gods sake!!?!! I woudnt mind but Ive still got a long way to go and Im still by no means anywhere the weight I should be, but to see those inches coming off is fantastic!

Hopefully my weigh in will be as sucessful tomorrow morning!

Off to do my exercise dvd now to see if I can get anymore weight off before the morning!!

Lost another 1.5lb last week so that's great. My consultant is entering me into the 40lb/40 years competition at the end of the month and Im the only one who's been entered into it from our group so far which is shocking - never thought I would do so well on a diet! Still cant believe how easy it is to stick to and how well it works considering the amount I can eat!

Just one more pound to go until I've lost 3 stone and with the wedding Im going to on Saturday being my goal for the 3 stone off hopefully I will get that last lb off by then. I finally found a dress to wear in the debenhams sale yesterday - and it isnt black! Which makes a huge change! It's a gorgeous silky palm leaf pattern in various colours and it's a size smaller than I thought I would need to wear and an impressive 5 sizes smaller than the clothes I was in just 15 weeks ago!!! I almost dismissed it without even trying it on but Im so glad I didnt, it's lovely and I'll be able to wear it in a month when I go out for my birthday too.

My inches seem to have started to come off again too which is good, so fingers crossed another one or two will come of this week too!

Very good weigh in today - another 2lb off, plus another 2 inches so I've lost 3st 1lb and 50 inches now! I cant believe it! I'm really happy as I wanted to get 3 stone off by the wedding Im going to this weekend and I've done it! Cant quite believe it!

Well the wedding was fantastic, I ate the most gorgeous meal I've had in ages and drank everything in sight! (I never drink so it makes a change!) Only problem was I was so knackered the following day I didnt exercise and it carried on all week and I ended up putting on 1.5lb, but to be honest I enjoyed every minute of it and am glad that I let my hair down on the diet front for a week as I've stuck to it religiously since I started in february and have been lucky enough to lose every week so it's not like I've done any lasting damage, especially as I lost 2lb this week, so that's my 1.5lb that I gained plus an extra half off for good measure!

I've found exercising in this heat a nightmare though, I got another new exercise dvd - this one is the biggest loser workout and it's quite tough and you definately feel it the next day, and the day after that too! lol! I wouldnt mind but even the instructors were sweating on the dvd so I knew it would work. Lost another 1.5 inches this week too so it's definately paid off having to sweat it out in 32 degree heat!

I know it's hot and Im probably absolutely mad, but my curry cravings have come back so I'm doing a bit of an indian feast tonight. My whole flat smells like an indian restaurant at the mo as I'm marinating tandoori lamb chops and chikken tikka, plus just cooking up the veg to make some samosas! It smells quite literally good enough to eat - which is promising! lol! I'm also making chicken jalfrezi, mushroom rice and onion bhajees, plus as it's weigh in day and I always treat myself I've got a naan bread to sink my teeth into later! They're all slimming world recipes, so fingers crossed it all tastes as good as it smells, I've even made a mint sauce dip to go with it and cool my mouth down a bit as no doubt I'll put too much curry powder in or something! If it turns out any good I'll put the recipes on here.

It's my birthday in 2 weeks so I'm aiming for another 5.5lb off by then to take me up to a 3.5 stone loss. If I can do it I will be so pleased but as long as I keep losing that's the main thing, even if I cant shift all that weight by my birthday.

Lost 1.5lb and another inch last week so that was great! I've lost 45lb and 52.5 inches now so I'm a very happy bunny! Doubt very much I will hit my little 3 and a half stone mini goal by thursday as I've had quite a few syns this week already but at least I'm still exercising to compensate for it!

Tried to make a fat free lemon drizzle sponge cake tonight and it was revolting! Slightly better than the chocolate one but still not great! I've also made a bacon quiche from one of the recipes on here but am yet to try it so hopefully that will be more succesful! I'm also going to try the scotch eggs that were in the new sw mag I got on thursday and a few other recipes I liked the sound of so hopefully they will turn out better than my attempt at the cake!

Got £50 in boots vouchers from work today for my birthday which was a nice surprise! At least I cant buy any food with it! lol! My daughter is off to buy me a birthday cake with my mum tomorrow night but I've told my mum I'll blow the candles out and then she has to take it away until after I get weighed on thursday then I can treat myself! My mums taking me for lunch at the harvester on wednesday for my birthday and it's my daughters sports day that morning so I've been given the day off by my boss so at least I will have a nice relaxing birthday, I wouldnt mind but Im being taken for a meal in the evening too so will end up eating two lots of salad in one day plus exercising on my birthday to compensate! Oh well, the weight has to come off birthday or no birthday! Plus if I overindulge on thursday then at least I have a whole week to work it off - well that's my reasoning anyway! lol!

Havent been on here for ages! I keep yoyo-ing at the mo. Up 2lb, down 2lb, up 1lb, down 1lb, it's driving me mad. But it's my own fault as I havent been exercising that much and chocolate keeps creeping into my diet, no matter how well I eat during the day!

Ive ordered myself a "My health coach" DS game that I can steal my daughters DS to use and see if keeping a track of my steps helps to motivate me to do that little bit more exercise. I also just got out of an epsom salt bath - I read that it eliminates toxins and aids weight loss, was kinda hoping I would emerge a size 12 but unfortunately it's gonna take a lot more than that! lol!

I went to the doctors earlier and my weight loss seems to have paid off as I havent seen the nurse in months and she said "wow" when I walked through the door and was really impressed with my weight loss. It was definately a boost I needed. We were talking about my weight and she went back through my notes and in 1997 I was 78kg, which is 12st 4lb. I was a size 12 back then, yet apparently for my height (5ft 8) that was overweight! Looking at photos from back then I was skinny! Obviously compared to now I was skinny, but I really was skinny, but how could I be overweight as a size 12 and 5ft 8????? If I could get down to that weight now it would be a miracle and to be honest I think Id look odd at a size 12, I would be very very happy with a 14, so if that's the case and I still weighed over 12st 4lb I would still be classed as overweight - it is ridiculous!

My slimming world group has closed down due to lack of members and as all of the rest of them are in the evening I cant go to them! Im toying with the idea of doing the body optimise thing online but as it's £60 and double what weight watchers and rosemary connelly are I was wondering if anyone knows if body optimise is any good or now I know what Im doing on the diet should I just save myself £60 and do it myself?

My slimming world group has closed down due to lack of members and as all of the rest of them are in the evening I cant go to them! Im toying with the idea of doing the body optimise thing online but as it's £60 and double what weight watchers and rosemary connelly are I was wondering if anyone knows if body optimise is any good or now I know what Im doing on the diet should I just save myself £60 and do it myself?

That's a shame! What do you plan on doing? Do you think you can stick to plan on your own- I know lots of people on this forum do. It might be worth asking on the main forum for advice.
Good luck

Crikey bayside you've lost a ton of weight since I last spoke to you! Well done!!!!

Put it this way pork pies and chocolate found me! I cant stop eating at the mo and my back keeps going so I cant exercise, not that I have even thought about doing any recently - cant seem to just do it for some reason even though that first time is the hardest and once Ive done it once I slip straight back into doing it every night. Not quite sure what's up with me at the moment, just literally seem to have a cant be bothered attitude that I cant shake!

Decided against doing the diet online as I cant afford £60 in one go unless I put it on my credit card and with the way the I am at the moment I dont want to spend the money and not even stick to the diet. I'm hoping that by coming on here and updating my weight every thursday like I would have when I weighed in at my group I will be able to stick to it. I blame my birthday, it all seemed to go downhill after my first taste of cake in ages! lol!

Well I bit the bullet and joined sw online, although to be honest now I have I'm not sure it's a complete waste of money - there isnt even a forum, just literally the lifeline online thing you get when you go to group and the chance to download diary sheets and upload a photo once a month! I joined yesterday and although I'm sticking to the diet so far and recording everything in my new online diary, I cant help but thinking that there is nothing new on the site that I dont know or havent seen already, so a little disappointed there, but you never know the amount I paid for it may keep me going! On the upside I'm back on the diet at last and the subscription comes with the sw magazine for a year for an extra fiver so I've saved some money there at least!

Food wise I've been doing well over the last few days and have been to asda today and got myself a load of ingredients to make recipes for a completely food optimising week! I even danced around my daughters room with her to Michael Jackson's new album and that's the most exercise I've done in months!

Hopefully I will continue to lose weight as I'd love to be even a stone lighter by christmas. I have my heart set on wearing a nice black dress a size smaller than I am now and hopefully that will be incentive enough to keep me going!

Now Ive always heard how wonderful these sw quiches are but wasnt too keen on cottage cheese. I finally got round to making one last night and it was absolutely amazing!

Cant believe I havent been eating them every day! I even made double to leave half at work for tomorrow's lunch and my colleagues ate the lot!

It's so simple to make and only 2.5 syns! I even added 28g cheddar as my hex a for the day (which I usually find really hard to have as I dont eat much cheese and dont have milk often). All I did was break up the corned beef and press it into the bottom of the tray, whisk the eggs and cottage cheese, pour it over the top, sprinkle on the cheddar and bake in the oven - delicious!!!

Other than my slight obsession with sw quiche and the yummy quorn scotch eggs i discovered at asda recently, I havent been doing too badly. I doubt I will lose this week now as there was an incident involving my mouth and the pizza hut buffet being rammed into it on Monday, but other than that I've eaten relatively healthily and tried a ton of new recipes. Today I've had:

Breakfast: 2 x wholemeal toast and peanut butter (4.5 syns)

Lunch: sw quiche (2.5 syns)

Dinner: will be having a free beef stew, an apple and half a choccie bar for 6 syns

The quiche definately fills you up though, I had planned to eat half but there's no way I would have been able to even eat that! I'm marinating chicken in very low fat natural yogurt and curry powder for lunch tomorrow and have just baked a syn free lemon meringue pie, so I guess we'll see how that turns out!

well done on getting back into it again. We are fans of the sw quiche too, haven't had it for a couple of weeks but love it:)

Hope you have a good week.

Thanks Bayside, u 2!

Had a gorgeous lunch today! My friend at work and I have been taking in sw lunches to get each other to try eachothers cooking and today we ended up with quorn curry, chicken tikka, rice and beef stew between us - absolutely gorgeous and more importantly all free!!!

Didnt lose this week, but was expecting that anyway after half term with the little monster, didnt gain though so that's the main thing!

Mmm the SW quiche sounds really nice, does it actually taste like proper quiche? My OH absolutely loves the stuff during the warmer weather, but even in autumn-winter it is nice to have at lunch at wknds. Will have a look on here for the receipe. Sorry you have been disappointed with the online thing, it does seem a lot of money for something that you can do on here for free! (sorry!! rub it in!) But, that said if it helps you to keep the weight off then it has to be a good thing, so well done for sticking to plan x

Hi Jo

I just logged on and read your message, while I have another quiche in the oven! Surprisingly enough it does taste like real quiche (and I'm really fussy!) just without the pastry. I find that by adding 28g cheddar it tastes even more like real quiche and it gets a lovely golden crispy top to it. Cant wait for it to come out of the oven actually!

You can make them syn free too, if you're on green you can use one of the pasta and sauce packets from batchelors and make that up, pop it into a dish and pour the eggs (3) and cottage cheese (about 250g of v low fat variety) on top - again sounds weird but its actually really nice! Or you can chop up some vegetables and pop them in there, my friend made one yesterday with peppers, mushrooms and spring onions and said it was lovely. Then there's bacon or ham if you're on a red day and some people make all day breakfast ones with syn free sausages, bacon, tomatoes etc. You could probably even add cooked potatoes to it to bulk it out but to be honest I cant eat much of it because it's so filling and I have a massive appetite!

The recipe is below if you havent found it on here already:

Corned Beef Quiche 2.5 syns for the lot! Plus HEX A if you add the cheese on top

INGREDIENTS

100g corned beef
1 onion, chopped
3 eggs
227g / 8oz very low fat natural cottage cheese
seasoning, to taste
pinch of mixed herbs

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Mix the corned beef and chopped onion together. Place in a flan dish and then press down well.
2. Beat the eggs with the cottage cheese, seasoning and herbs. Pour onto the beef and onion base.
3. Bake the quiche in a preheated oven at 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 for 30 minutes, until set and golden brown. Serve warm, cut into slices. Serve with a crunchy salad or some pickled gherkins.

Yep you're right, a lot of money for the online thing for what I can do on here for free! I assumed there would be a forum and regular support etc as there was when I did weight watchers online a few years ago, but it's literally just the same as lifeline online which I had access to for free when I was in a group, with a few added recipes! Really not worth the £60 at all and what I'm inclined to do when the subscription runs out is print myself off a food diary from there and complete it as I usually do online and use my syns book for syn calculations rather than online and hey presto I have the same service for free! I must be mad paying that amount but I convinced myself I had to join up to get myself motivated again, but in actual fact its people on here who have given my motivation more of a boost than that site ever could!

Pic of the quiche!

Back