Kat's Diary

Last edited:
Had a good day yesterday food wise.

Had toast and peanut butter for breakfast (4.5 syns) HEX B
SW Corned beef quiche (a syns worth!) HEX A
SW Spag Bol
Chocolate Bar - no idea how many syns and it was my treat for the week so I dont care! lol!

I helped out at my daughters brownies last night and really enjoyed it. Was nice to spend some time with her with other children. We made guys for the campfire they're doing next week and toasted marshmallows. I even remembered the brownie song from when I was a brownie! My name was Vixen!! I felt like a gladiator from ITV with that name! All I need now is to lose another 6 stone and prance around in a tiny little outfit waving a pugel stick about! lol!

After a really good day yesterday (and for most of today), I managed to eat 3 chocolate mini rolls earlier! Still havent exercised yet and although I know I should I just really dont have the inclination to at the moment. Ive been cleaning for the last few days, have to be up early for work in the morning and still have dinner to cook, a daughter to put to bed and my hair to wash/dry etc ready for tomorrow, plus ironing to do etc etc. I know practicaly everyone else on here has the same amount of cleaning etc as me to do (if not more as I only live in a flat) but I literally havent stepped foot outside my front door all weekend and I feel like I havent had a weekend other than cleaning and this place still doesnt look like the show home it should after spending so long on it -how much more cleaning can there be left to do???? Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have just thought sod the ironing and made a list of food to eat next week. Breakfasts will be either toast and peanut butter, cereal or muller lights and apples. Lunch will be sw quiche, jacket potatoes, sarnies or soups and I've come up with the following for dinner:

Monday: Eating at my mums before she heads off to egypt for a week so havent a clue what I'll be eating there yet!

Tuesday: SW Spanish Chicken & Rice

Wednesday: Beef Stew, Potatoes and Veg

Thursday: Quorn mince curry and rice

Friday: Shepherds Pie and Veg

Saturday: Chicken with chorizo, cooked in creme fraiche and paprika with potatoes and veg

Sunday: Roast chicken and all the trimmings!

I'm actually quite looking forward to eating all that! I'm also gonna attept to make a few sw puds aswell! One of which is a butterscotch cheesecake which sounds gorgeous and I'm quite looking forward to. If I can get hold of some gellatine sachets I'll be making some chocolate mouses too!

I've also set myself the following mini goals to complete over the next few weeks and months:

1. Get into the 16's
2. Lose 4 stone

If I can do those relatively quickly I will be a very happy bunny!

Well it was a roast for dinner yesterday so luckily I didnt have to syn anything!

Have got a sw ham quiche in the oven for lunch tomorrow, the butterscotch cheescake in the fridge to set and sw spanish chicken on the hob for dinner - it smells absolutely gorgeous and I cant wait to try it! Never thought I'd get excited about healthy food!

Weigh in day Thursday, am actually quite hopeful I may have lost a few pounds!

I finally exercised tonight!!! Cant quite believe I actually did it and hopefully now Ive done it once I'll keep going.

My spanish chicken was amazing and the butterscotch cheescake was pretty nice for a diet alternative to something usually laden with calories!

To make them (If you're interested) here's the recipes:

Spanish chicken Serves 4

4 chicken breasts
Fry Light
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
1 red and 1 yellow pepper
400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
¼pt/142ml stock made with Bovril
1 tbsp sweet paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
88g pack chorizo
1 tbsp tomato puree

1. Cut the chicken into strips, place on a griddle pan sprayed with Fry Light and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until sealed. Remove from pan.
2. Slice the onion, crush the garlic and deseed and slice the peppers, fry in fry lite until soft then add the chorizo and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, stock, paprika, seasoning, parsley, tomato puree, chicken strips and olives if desired (1 Syn per 7 olives on Green and Original) and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Enjoy!

I adapted this from a SW recipe by adding the chorizo and tomato puree. Without them its a no syn recipe and with them it's 4 syns.

Cant quite believe it but I got 5lb off this week, not bad as I only exercised for about an hour in total in the end all week, but I stuck to the diet (for a change!) and really enjoyed the food while I was doing it. I havent felt hungry at all and still got all that weight off! Ive already completed one of my mini goals which was to lose a total of 3 and a half stone, so Ive done that as Ive now lost 3st 8lb which is great! Next up is getting into the 16s which is only just over a pound away! Roll on next week!!!!

Yeah fingers crossed for the 16's next week! After that my next mini goal would be to lose a total of 4 stone, which is only 6lb away now, so fingers crossed I can do that for Christmas! Then get into the 15's I guess! I havent weighed this amount for a very long time - we're talking at least 5 or 6 years now so I'm at my lowest in ages which is great! (still weigh far too much obviously, but at least it's coming off!)

Have just had a go at making my own sausage meat! I saw a recipe on here somewhere and Ive blitzed very low fat pork mince, sage and an onion in the food processor which I can shape into sausages and use for breakfast, for sausage and mash, toad in the hole etc, but what I'm planning to do is make the chicken cake that Ive seen on here since I started and keep planning to make and never seem to get round to doing. It's layers of chicken, sausage meat, babybels and bacon and it sounds absolutely gorgeous! Its a good way to use up my hex a as I havent had that yet today and I cant wait to try the chicken cake as Ive heard so much about how yummy it is! Gotta take the little one to brownies, then will make it while she's there so dinner will be ready when I finally get in later on.

Well the chicken cake went well! Pic above for anyone who fancies a peek. I used my own sausage meat in it which was syn free and absolutely gorgeous, all I did was blend up very low fat pork mince, an onion and some sage and it was done!

I layered thin strips of chicken with the sausage meat and babybels, then another layer of chicken strips, then bacon on top. It was lovely! Can be a bit dry though so I'd definately have it as part of a roast dinner when I make it in future and because of the sausage meat being flavoured with sage it's as if you're eating stuffing anyway, so no need to add any for any extra syns - cant be bad!

I'm clearly turning into David Bailey and photgraphing everything I eat!! This is my dinner from tonight and also lunch for tomorrow! I adapted it from a meal I had in a pub once and have made it for the last few months. Its 5.5 syns per serving but is definately worth it, especially as it's so creamy, it just feels naughty!

I dry fry the chicken, add 28g of chorizo per person (2.5 syns) and cook for another few minutes, then add 2tbsp very low fat creme fraiche per person (3 syns) then sprinkle over some paprika to give it a bit of oomph! I usually have it piled onto a jacket potato with veg, but am mixing it with some pasta as a change for lunch tomorrow. It really is nice!

Have been shopping to Aldi's today - until now I was an Aldi's virgin and there's plenty of bargains to be had in there for Christmas! They're doing little reindeers, just like the Lindt ones (but bigger) for 98p compared to about £3 for the posh ones, plus loads of xmas biscuits and treats for kids etc. On a more diet friendly note, they do really cheap ham, chicken, tins of tomatoes etc so I got a few bargains at least! After that it was off to see the reindeer at the local garden centre which was nice and my little girl stole my phone so she could take pics of them bless her. I wouldnt mind but father xmas arrived at the garden centre at 11am yesterday and there was already a 2 hour long queue to see him by 3pm this afternoon!! Was nice getting out of the house today as Id been cooped up all yesterday with storms raging outside.

Had a few days break from the exercise so the dvds will be out again for the next 3 nights in the hope they will help me shift another few pounds!

Had a good day today, both exercise and otherwise! Have done my exercise dvd tonight as planned and feel better for it already!

But even better is Ive got something else to aim for now - got in from work to find a letter saying Ive won a competition I entered! It was to win a break in a 5* hotel on a private island in scotland for 3 nights, including a 3 course dinner each night, a spa treatment and £150 towards travel!!! Cant quite believe my luck as I've never won anything before! (am keeping my fingers crossed for the lottery now! lol!) I have to book it by the end of the month and go before the end of April so I'm going to get dieting and exercising so I can buy some nice (warm!) clothes to take with me and feel ok about myself in the spa and indoor swimming pool. Besides I'll need to diet for the 3 course meal in their posh restaurant that has 3 AA rosettes and is in the good food guide!!!!!

Cant wait!!!!

Lost 2lb this week, so got into the 16's at last! No idea when I last weighed this and its given me a real boost today because the scales are definately showing a loss. Got another few pounds to go until I get 4 stone off so I want to do that in the next 2 weeks if I can - had better get that exercise dvd on!!!

Lost 4lb this week so very pleased because it means I finally get my 4st sticker! Roll on the 4 and a half stone sticker!!!

Not sure about setting anymore goals before christmas, think I'm aiming to lose a little or stay the same until after christmas now and to be honest I would be really pleased with that as christmas used to play havoc with my waistline!

Got to start exercising more, so maybe that should be my goal instead of losing set amounts of weight, literally just exercise more until after christmas and then go back to losing certain amounts etc. No doubt I'll chose a new exercise dvd when they hit the shops on boxing day anyway so I may aswell make the most of my existing ones now! My sister is having my cross trainer soon so that will get it out of my hallway at last and as she has the space for it at her place Im sure I will find an excuse to visit her more often just to use it! lol!

Bad news about the prize I won - cant get hold of the woman at the magazine who wrote to me or the promotor and its supposed to be booked by Monday so not sure what on earth is happening!! The promotor was supposed to contact me and give me all of the details but I havent heard a peep! Oh well, what you dont have you dont miss I suppose but I'll try them yet again tomorrow as I quite fancied a nice relaxing all expenses paid weekend away! Who wouldnt!!

I'll definately be needing to do some exercise in the next week as Im cooking for my mum and her husband tomorrow night and its not exactly slimming world friendly! I was planning on cooking one of my gorgeous sw curries, rice, onion bhajees etc and syn the popadoms but they've had a curry this week so I changed it to greek! That alone shouldnt create a problem but Im not exactly using sw recipes!! We've got just basic crudites and dips for the starter (so I dont have to cook all day!), followed by moussaka (delia smiths which is absolutely gorgeous, rather than the sw one which Id rather not even mention it was that foul!) with greek salad and then (here comes the really bad bit) honey cups (basically a hot sponge pudding drenched in honey) with homemade pistachio ice cream!!! The ice cream is made with low fat greek yogurt but that doesnt excuse the sugar that's in it and the puddings have all sorts of syns in them!! But Im not even going to think about it at the moment, I've just lost 4 stone (and when you work it out thats in about 19 or 20 weeks and that is bloody good in my books!) and I deserve to treat myself, plus if I exercise and eat sensibly for the rest of the week and limit my syns I'll be fine.

Ive got a busy few days ahead, tomorrow its back up to asdas to pick up some bits I forgot yesterday plus I need to get some paint as Ive decided the lounge needs a lick of paint before the decorations go up so that will be done this weekend too. Saturday Ive got to go to bluewater shopping for presents and sunday there's a christmas fair at a local farm so I will definately be burning that greek meal off one way or another!!

Right I'm off to prepare for Gavin and Stacey and an Eastenders marathon!!!

hi Kat. great loss this week!!!! 4 lbs is brilliant. You must be feeling really happy. I'm looking forward to xmas too but a little anxious as i plan to have a few treats but don't want to go too far off plan that i can't get back to it. I always gain weight over xmas so it will be a challenge!!!

Keep going, good luck with your trip to Bluewater, hope it's not too crowded. I'm a Kent girl too but don't get to Bluewater too often.
Happy shopping!!

Well Bluewater was far too busy for my liking last week, but I was shocked to find I parked straight away so thats one good thing at least!

The meal I made for my mum and step dad last week went really well and everyone loved what I cooked - so did I actually! Im quite impressed with my cooking skills and it was nice to have my mum over for dinner, dont think Ive cooked her a proper meal in over 2 years which is terrible! It was worth all those syns though and I managed to stay the same this week which Im pleased with considering what I ate last week.

Im not too hopeful for losing much this week as Ive got a big meal at my mums for my grandads 88th birthday tomorrow and as Ive been good so far this week Im gonna eat whatever I fancy - besides its my "star" week as my consultant used to call it and I need chocolate or something sweet before I kill someone! lol!

Next week Im at my christmas do for work and I never really drink, but plan on having a few this year so bang goes my syns for that week too! To be honest I really dont mind because I think well Ive lost 4 stone, I bloody deserve to let my hair down and have what I fancy this year! As long as I dont put on, or dont put loads on, I really dont mind because I know as soon as I have a few days back on slimming world it falls straight off anyway! Got my little black dress all ready to wear for the party - not exactly as small as I would like at a size 18, but it's not a size 30, which is what I was in last christmas so its tiny in comparison!! Cant wait to put it on actually!

well done you getting into a size 18, that's great. I know what you mean about letting your hair down on the odd occasion, sometimes you just need to, and as you say you've done so well, one or two days off plan will not put 4 stone back on.

Enjoy your parties:)

Back