kat's progress towards 10 stone

katotonic

Hi everyone

thought Id start a food diary to help keep me on track - and to get feedback on how I am doing. I've been on sw since beginning of the year and lost half a stone which I am made up with. However this week I only lost a 1lb despite being good (or thinking I had been). This has happened before, my weight loss slows to around 1lb a week or sts and it really demotivates me and I end up slipping back into old habits - can't see the impact of the good habits you see :rolleyes:

But, as they say, this time it WILL be different. I really really want to get to 10 stone and I really really want to stay there once I arrive.

So what's on the menu today

Extra Easy (or Green) day

Breakfast: quorn sausage, grilled tomato, grilled mushroom and scrambled egg (no milk)

Lunch: homemade sweetcorn soup with 2 ryvita and 2 laughing cow triangles (syns 0.5 for soup and 2 for LC)

Dinner: sw chips, quorn sausage, poached egg and baked beans

snack: ww crisps 3.5

Water: drank 1.5 litres of water today

drinks: planning to meet a friend for a drink later tonight so using 17 syns for a two large glass of red wine (I only used 3 syns yesterday so I could flex honest!!!)

HE A - skimmed milk (in coffee)
HE B - ryvita

Total syns: 23

Total exercise: walked to and from further station today so 30 minutes walk.

had an extra glass of wine last night :drunk:- but think it may have been around midnight so Im syning it for today . Have paid for it too- felt awful for most of today, which serves me right ! Weekly food shop arrived today, so when I finally surfaced I decided to make most of the meals for the week - should keep me on track, and was really enjoyable to spend a few hours cooking and catching up on my podcasts. Lots of red days this week.

So onwards with today's diary

Red Day
Breakfast: one slice of wholemeal toast with two scrambled eggs (no milk)

Lunch: home-made meatballs in tomato sauce

Dinner: home-made beef casserole made with rump steak with carrot, swede, onion, mushrooms and a side of swede and potato mash. Dessert of meringue nest x 2 (5 syns) with mixed fruit and muller light yog.

Snacks: raw carrots

Water: drank about 1.5 litres of water / sugar free cordial

Exercise: none (slept through bootcamp - oops )

Total Syns: 13.5

just been reading my book again, and think as I had toast this morning I cant have mash this evening unless I syn it. Have decided to give the mash a miss just in case. Lots of veg in the casserole so perhaps this is an extraeasy day? Deary me Im getting myself confused.
today I think I had the following
HEA - skimmed milk in coffee
HEA - one slice of wholemeal bread

Im sure I will get the hang of this eventually. I think I am just over-complicating. Off to read the new to SW threads (again!!)

Had a very good day today, making up for the drinkies night out on Friday (which was huge fun and worth it, but got to try and keep things balanced!)

Also my lovely husband made the SW KFC dinner for us both tonight. He is such an amazing man - and so supportive with my SW journey. I love him to pieces and he is my rock when I get worried about not being able to stick to plan or lose weight. I am very lucky.

Extra Easy Day today

Breakfast: quorn sausage, half a tin of plum tomatoes and grilled mushroom

Lunch: remainder of the beef casserole, with a side portion of steamed spinach

Dinner: kfc chicken - SW style, sw chips, corn on the cob, baked beans. Followed by rasberries, meringue nest (x2) and muller light yog.

Snack: one Alpen Light bar (3 syns)
One muller light yog.

Water: drank 2 litres of water / sugar free cordial today

Exercise: 30 minute power plates class followed by 1/5hours walk through the woods with the dogs.

HE A - skimmed milk (in coffee)
HE B - alpen light bars

Total syns: 8

Already made my lunch for tomorrow (home made tomato soup) and dinner (chilli) and going to join a yoga class tomorrow evening too. So even though its monday and back to work (boo!) I'm feeling all good.

Back to check-in tomorrow. Have a good Monday everyone...

Kat
x

Last edited:
If you had an extra easy day yesterday you could have had the bread as your B choice and the potato in the mash would have been free x

thanks Tish, taking me a while to get the hang of SW! Really helpful to have some feedback. Im doing SW online but thought Id write the diaries here rather than on the SW website.

I last did it years ago when it was just Red and Green days. I think what I'm doing is thinking of something as a red / green day and then adapting it for EE which just muddles me up as I worry Im eating too much of everything(Which is ALWAYS the cause of my weight problem). Just have to get into the habit of thinking of EE as a third option. I'll get there eventually...I hope.

Kat
x

well, feel like I have had a really good day today :), helped in part by the fact that a year ago today my boyfriend (now husband!) proposed to me. :love:

Had to go to physio today for my shin splints - and wow did it hurt. I was actually screaming in pain as they dug into the muscle to try and loosen it. the ultra sound was OK though.

It appears I walk (and therefore run) badly. I put my leg out in front and pull my body when really I should propel myself forward with my bum muscles. Turns out both my legs are incredibly tense (- hmmm tense enough to make me weigh about a stone and a half over my target I wonder . ;)

In my quest to be more flexible, and all round chilled out - mentally and physically - I also joined a yoga class this evening. Could really feel the stretching and it felt really good. Not quite leg wrapped round my head level yet - but give me a week or two ;)

Anyway onto the food bit...

Extra Easy day today

Breakfast: scrambled egg (no milk), half a tin plum tomatoes and slice of wholemeal toast

Lunch: homemade chilli, two tangerines

Dinner: homemade meatballs (5 swedish sized ones) in home made tomato sauce with SW spicy potato wedges (about 1.5 jacket potatoes size worth)

HEA: skimmed milk allowance (for coffee)
HEB: wholemeal toast

Drink: 2.5 litres of water and cordial, plus 3 herbal teas

Exercise: 20 minutes walking to and from station
1.5 hours yoga class

Syns: none today - really struggled to fit them in today as wanted to try and not have pure sugar meringues for three days on trot!! need to think of savoury syns I think.

Weigh in tomorrow. Hope I've lost something, but I did have a couple of drinks last week - although I have evened myself out syn-wise.

Going for 100% week starting tomorrow though (including syns!). Wish me luck!

Last edited:
weigh-in day today. And... I lost 1.5lb - woo hoo me!!! If I keep going at this rate, I'll need to get my wedding ring resized. Imagine that!

Had a power plates session tonight - really good as you are in and out in no time, with each class on 30 minutes. But its a bit pricy so dont think this will be a long term option once my shin splint has been treated. Back to good old free street and park running!!

Got my bootcamp session tomorrow. Im working late tomorrow so instead of going in the evening I am going to the 7am session - eeeek!!! Always find morning exercise more difficult for some reason. So tomorrow's bfast will most likely be yog and alpen light bars as I cant see me having my quorn jobby at 6am! See, look at me- planning - it really does make a difference and will mean I wont be sneaking off for biccies at 10.30am starving having skipped breakfast.

This is my first day of 100 percenting
Extra Easy Day today.

Breakfast: half a tin of chopped tomato, quorn sausage, slice of wholemeal toast (4 syns)

Lunch: homemade tomato soup with ryvita and 2 extra light laughing cow (2 syns)

Dinner: homemade chilli (0.5 syn) and tomato, cucumber and red onion salad

Snack: Ryvita with v. low fat cottage cheese

Drinks: 1.5 litres of water

HEA: skimmed milk allowance
HEB: ryvita

Exercise: walking to and from station plus 30 minutes power plates class
Syns: 6.5syns

right early night for me given my silly 7am bootcamp.
Kat
x

Had to work late yesterday, and was far too tired to update last night. So this is my diary for Wednesday.

I got up extra early and went to bootcamp at 7am. It was not great leaving the house before dawn, but the magnificent sunrise we got to see for the hour we were exercising made up for it - and put me in a great mood for the rest of the day (even if I was slightly tired all day long).

Had planned to have a ready meal for dinner but at the last minute I thought Id use some stuff up from the fridge and made the SW Quiche Id read about on this forum. I drained some of the water off from the cottage cheese first, through a load of veggies in and the last slice of ham mixed it up and popped in oven. It took about 10 minutes to prepare and was really tasty. Defo something I will keep in reserve for those evenings when you want a quick, light bite. But does SW Quiche count on extra easy I wonder. I put lots of fresh veg in to try and ensure what was on my plate had 1/3 superfree so I hope so.

Extra Easy Day (and 100 per center)

Bfast: two alpen light bars and muller light

Lunch: two slices of boiled ham with tomato, cucumber, red onion and boiled egg, ryvita and two extra light laughing cow triangles (5 syns)

Dinner: SW Quiche made with red onion, ham, mushroom and tomatoes followed by a small glass of wine (6 syns)

Water: 3 litres of water

HEA: milk
HEB: two alpen light bars

Syns: 11

Exercise: 1 hour boot camp plus walking to station (got picked up by hubby as it was late xx)

Kat
x

This is for Thursday - as by the time I got back from aqua aerobics I forgot to write up the day.

Good day yesterday, even if my slow cooker experiment didnt work that well. I decided on Wed night to pop courgettes, red onion, aubergine, mushroom and tomato together with a joint of ham cut into chunks all all visable fat removed (dogs enjoyed that!!) into the slow cooker. throw in a load of hot and spicy seasoning - such as cloves, cinnamon and paprika and lovely stew ready for when I got back from work on thursday. Alas, it went far too watery and i think i should have done something to the ham first as it was quite salty. Nevermind me and hubby still ate it as we had nothing else ready - and waste not want not. Got to have it for lunch today too!!!!

Went to deep water aerobics for the first time - and loved it. I felt more confident in my costume than I expected - focused on hom Id lost 9lbs rather than what I need to lose. 45 minutes of bobbing about and kicking legs and arms is harder work than you'd expect thouh. :) will most defo try it again next week.

So - EE Day (and another 100%er)

Breakfast: tinned tomatoes, grilled mushroom and quorn sausage

Lunch: home made meatballs (1 syn)

Dinner: Ham Stew followed by 250ml of wine (8.5 syns)

HEA: Milk
HEB: ryvita
Water: 2/5 litres

Exercise: 45 minutes aqua aerobics, 20 minutes walking to and from station

Syns: 9.5 syns

right, off to work now. have a good day all - its nearly the weekend!

Kat
x

wow, what an incredibly long day today has been. got into work about 8.15am, left work about 7.45pm. so so tired but still wired so only just about to hit the sack! Was very good this week in the office though. Wednesday I said no to bday cake, yesterday someone bought in chocolate Milka bars for all to share and I said no and today I said no to millie's cookies. I tell you at 5pm today they were very tempting though. I think next week I am going to take a box of alpen light in and keep in my drawer for emergencies. I dont think it was very good for me to eat lunch at 12.30pm and then not eat again until 9.30pm.

Breakfast: Tinned tomatoes, grilled mushroom, quorn sausage

Lunch: Ham stew

Dinner: steak with baked tomato and onion and slimming world chips. followed by 4 meringue nests mixed muller light yogs (I know bit of a pig out but i think i craved sugar as I was so tired). - 10 syns

Drink: 1 litre of water

HEA: Milk
HEB: dried dates

Total Syns: 10

Exercise: walk to and from station: 20 minutes.

Very proud I managed to keep to 100 percenter today.

Thank lordy its the weekend!

Kat
x

ps: had physio at lunchtime - it hurt then and my shin still hurts :-(

Saturday:

Skipped boot camp today as my leg was really sore from the physio - and I felt I did need a day off as Id done a lot last week. Walked the dogs for 1/2 hour instead so still got some activity in. Also spent most of the day decorating so lots of lunges and stretching there too!

Extra Easy Day:
Breakfast: tinned tomatoes, quorn sausage and grilled mushroom

Lunch: ham and cottage cheese with cherry toms followed by sugar free jelly.

Dinner: Rump steak in spicy tomato sauce with 75gm of pasta twirls. This was really yummy I used a dried chipolata chilli in the sauce which added a wonderful spicy but smokey flavour. The steak I roughly cubed (removing all visible fat) and then sealed with onions and garlic in a pan with a little water. Then I added one flat cap mushroom,(1/4ed) and the passata and chipolata chilli. Let sit and simmer for about 40 minutes until the sauce reduced and then boiled up some pasta to accompany it.
Accompanied with 1.5 glasses of wine (14.5 syns)

HEB: alpen light bars

Exercise: 30 minutes dog walk

Drink: 1 litre of water / cordial

Sunday:

Little bit late with this one! Spent all day redectorating as I hated the colour I had done on Saturday. Did go to powerplates too, but didnt really do much else.

Bfast: tinned tomato on wholemeal toast (no butter)

Lunch: Ham with cottage cheese

Dinner: Spicy mince with carrots, onion, peppers and mushroom in a tinned tomato sauce.

Treat: two small bottles of becks (5 synsx2)

HEA: milk for coffee
HEB: wholemeal bread

Exercise: 30 minutes power plates

Drink: .5 litre of water (not enough!!!)

Syns: 10

Monday:

Horrid day at work. Sometimes I find my worklife so difficult, it makes me miserable. Didnt end up going to yoga as I was worried I would end up crying in public if I started to destress! Hubby cooked me tea and we watched some episodes of House together with a glass of wine, so lovely end to a rubbish day.

Breakfast: muller light yog plus Alpen light bars xs

Lunch: Spicy mince with carrots, onion, peppers and mushroom in a tinned tomato sauce.

Dinner: quorn peppered steak, grilled mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, scrambled egg and baked beans. Followed by 10 syns work of wine!

Exercise: walking to station and back (plus gritting my teeth and buttocks all day in work while trying to keep a smile on my face!!)

Water: forgot to drink any!!!

Total Syns: 10

HEA_ milk
HEB- alpen light bar x2

Tuesday going to be a tough day too. But wont let it pull me off plan!

Hello Katatonic! :D

I was drawn to your title - I am also Kat and on a mission to be 10 stone so thought I'd pop by and say hiya! :wavey:

I hope your rubbish day at work has worn off and you are a bit happier now?? We all have them! Luckily we work to live and not vice versa eh!?

I see you go to Bootcamp - do you like it? I g 3 times a week and LOVE it! It feels like pure torture at the time but I stil love it! :p

Anyway hun, hope you are OK - your food diary is looking great - SW quiche is yummy isn't it?

I'll pop by again x x

Hi Kat, thanks for fluttering by.

Your starting weight is very similar to mine - although I notice you are soooo much taller than me you probably already look great !

I do love bootcamp, its amazing - a good torture. I have to stop all impact sports for three weeks though to help my shin splint repair. So for the next few weeks its just deep water aerobics and yoga. I didnt think Id enjoy the deep water stuff, but actually it was fun and you really do get a cardio workout - its a kind of water torture!

So Tuesday: (a failed 100 percenter - but going to use Wednesday to even things up)

Big news of the day: I lost 3lbs!!!! amazing and a real boost to the impact of 100 percent.

Not sticking to 100percent on Monday, did kind of ruin the point though lol. But I needed to let off steam and I didn't go massively over daily allowance, it happens and you move on :)

extra easy:
Bfast: muller light yog and alpen light bars

Lunch: Spicy mince with carrots, onion, peppers and mushroom in a tinned tomato sauce.

Dinner: Chilli with spicy potato wedges - and 3/4 bottle of red wine (22 syns - eeeek!) Friend round for tea and we had our nails done, so a lovely evening after a couple of hard days at work.

Water: not enough as too busy drinking the wine with my friend.

Exercise: 1 hour dog walk.

total syns: 22

Wednesday:
star week time so no wonder I am feeling a little tired and like everything is a lot of effort!!!

extra easy today: and back on 100 per cent

Bfast: muller light and alpen light bar x2

Lunch: chilli

Dinner: beef casserole with carrots, spinach and sweet potato mash followed by meringue nestx2 with fruit and yog.

HEB: alpen light bars

Drink: 1 litre of water

exercise: 20 minutes walk to station plus dog walks

syns: 5

early night for me tonight, will do me right Im sure

Kat
x

not feeling too great today, bad cramps :-( chilling with a large glass of red and then off to bed. hey, its friday tomorrow - yippee xx

Bfast: quorn sausage, scrambled egg and baked beans

lunch: cottage cheese and finn crisps

Dinner; quorn sausage x2, scrambled egg and 1/2 tin tomatoes.

exercise: 15 minutes walk to station
HEB: finn crisps
syns: 8.5

I am joining you on 100%

I love my red wine though! My problem is that it's always in the house and it has been secong nature to just pour myself a glass when I get in and start cooking :eek:
Must break that cycle!

Hope you're feeling better today xx

HI Katerpillar

Feeling much better today. Back to my normal self :) Glad you re joining me on 100 per cent - it really does make a difference. I know what you mean about red wine !!!! I measure mine out then divide it between a few glasses so a small glass actually feels like two glasses and a large glass seems like four. seems to work for me - try and it and let me know what you think.

Feel like my planning went to pot over the last few days, so just sat down this morning and planned the week out, and put my food order through online (dont get tempted by special offers or goodies that way!) . I ordered the 100 extra easy days book which arrived the other day, so a week of meals from there ahead!

Im off 100 percent today as I am going out for a pre valentines meal with hubby (our first since getting married). so not going to worry about anything too much, just going to chose healthy options, and not drink too much.

Missing my exercise at the moment - combination of physio telling me to stop anything low or high impact (no power plates) and my star week.

So, Friday: extra easy as always

Bfast: bowl of rasberries mixed with muller light

Lunch: cottage cheese with finn slims

Dinner: KFC - SW way (getting to be a weekend tradition). 2 drumsticks, about 5 SW chunky chips, half a small tin of baked beans, corn on the cob. followed by small glass of wine.

Drink: 2 litres of water

Syns: 8.5 (wine plus breadcrumbs)

HEB: finn crisp

exercise: 20 minutes walk to and from station

kat
x

Back