Katycakes Won't Give Up...

Katycakes

Stubborn tortoise
Back after a long time away from minis, although I have lurked now and then. Lost 4 stone and kept 3 and a half of it off for a good while... 18 months. Somewhere along the line I took my eye off the ball (and off the scales) and since Autumn the weight has been creeping back, with a lot sneaking on over Christmas.

I keep trying to do this alone, feel I should be able to, but the truth is I need to be accountable and here I am again, hoping that this time I can learn to do this right. Hoping to do a lot of head work while I am here because it's emotional eating that unravels things for me.

Not sure if anyone will remember me, but planning to do a diary to keep me on track. Have changed my ticker and tried to gather up some willpower, so here goes...

xxx

Thanks Jess! So good to see a familiar face, and you have always been so inspirational... phew. Starting to feel like this may work. I've set such hard standards, that I had to do this alone, but had forgotten the support minis can give and the encouragement from others.

So... today is day one for me. So far so good...

xxx

I am doing SS, just realized that I have posted this in the 1000-maintenance section, but hopefully nobody will turf me off... not sure I have the courage to re-post! Reading your post, maybe it helps to see it as flexible... some days could be SS+ or 810?

So far, two shakes and lots of herb tea. You're doing great Jess, if I could just get a few days down and get into that 'safe' zone where you feel less hungry I think I could be OK. Haven't been there for a while!

xxx

Hi Katycakes!! You are not alone! I do remember you as I completely understood the emotional eating!! I still haven't conquered it and will keep at it! I'm on Day 3 and I have found it hard but I'm on leave this week and have tried to keep myself busy and keeping coming to the forum and lurking and was brave enough to post a few posts.

You've done it before, so have others and we can do it again!

Kira x

Kira, we just cross-posted - i saw your thread on another section! So glad to have some familiar faces and people who understand. Don't vanish, and I won't... and Jess won't... because we can do this!

xxx

How, very bizarre and lovely! I was really thinking about you! The programme on Paul Mason yesterday evening scared me and the comments the consultant bariatric surgeon made reL society's attitude to hunger food etc. struck a chord. Each day at a time, and let's not beat ourselves up too much!

Hug for Kira. Didn't see that programme, but have been fighting my own private battle for so long and not winning... I was OK for a good long while, but see that I relaxed too much and then couldn't find the way back from there.

One day at a time sounds good. Better get back to work, but will check in later to report back, and big thanks Kira & Jess for the support. It means alot.

xxx

Silly girl Katy, how could we ever forget you????????:D

You'll soon be back to your even more stunning self in no time at all and there is all the support you need here x

Thanks Chels. Have just texted CDC and can see her at 10 tomorrow, so that is a big step forward too. Don't think she will be too impressed with me but do feel much more determined than I did earlier, so here's hoping. Minis might just make all the difference.

xxx

Thanks Chels. Have just texted CDC and can see her at 10 tomorrow, so that is a big step forward too. Don't think she will be too impressed with me but do feel much more determined than I did earlier, so here's hoping. Minis might just make all the difference.

xxx

Course she'll be impressed with you. Anyone that accepts they've had a setback and reaches out for help - that's not easy to do and therefore IS impressive!!

Go you...you'll be great x

Welcome back and good luck!

I took a break in July/August and am back to lose the last of the podge!

Today is day 1 for me and going well so far :D

Xx

Course she'll be impressed with you. Anyone that accepts they've had a setback and reaches out for help - that's not easy to do and therefore IS impressive!!

Go you...you'll be great x

Totally off subject, But I live in Camberley too :D x

Hi SS, remember the name from last time around... good luck! I'm on Day One too, good luck and stay focused!

xxx

Hiya neighbour!! :D As of next Tuesday I am moving over the border to Sandhurst in Berkshire.......nothing personal :rotflmao: Have you always lived in Camberley? x

I`m only on day 1, Surely the Ketosis breath can`t have kicked in already forcing you to move? ;) haha

I`m only 5 mins from The Meadows, So Sandhurst isn`t that far ;) *stalker alert* lmao

I grew up in Farnborough & moved to Frimley in my teens. Been between Frimley/Camberley since.

And here endeth my life story ;) LOL x

Hi SS, remember the name from last time around... good luck! I'm on Day One too, good luck and stay focused!

xxx

Thanks for the luck x My head just wasn`t in it so I took a break, But am now back to lose the last bit as I am trying to get a TT on the NHS and need to get my BMI to 25. Technically I only need to lose about 18lbs, But I am trying to lose an extra 10lbs.

We did it before, We can do it again! :D Xxxxx

I`m only on day 1, Surely the Ketosis breath can`t have kicked in already forcing you to move? ;) haha

I`m only 5 mins from The Meadows, So Sandhurst isn`t that far ;) *stalker alert* lmao

I grew up in Farnborough & moved to Frimley in my teens. Been between Frimley/Camberley since.

And here endeth my life story ;) LOL x

Lol, so we will still be neighbours, give or take a mile :D:D Sorry Katy, we're taking over your diary :eek:

Feel free! Just off to fetch son from work, then home for my 3rd shake... woo!!! Just heard that it's snowing heavily 15 miles south of here, oo-er...

xxx

hi katy I remember you! I've did pretty much the same as you lost a couple of stone then had a bit of a break and the weight stayed off for months, then crept back on, I managed to lose some of the gain but had a break over xmas, I've been doing 810/1000 plan as a bit short of cash until payday so managing to spread my supplies will just about cover 810/1000 until pay day. Dreadiing going to see cdc then though!

Trisha I remember you! God, so glad not to be the only one doing this... I have felt so scared to come back, like it was admitting defeat. And now it feels just the opposite. 810/1000 is brilliant, and has worked really well for me in the past to keep weight steady... but drastic measures for me now. Once I can break the Xmas binge habit I can start looking at the higher steps, but right now really need the peace of SS. If I can stick to it!

xxx

Back