Katycakes Won't Give Up...

Hey Katy, lovely to see you posting back here!
I think you are in the right area to be posting, you have succeeded once before and are still in a lot better place than you started from so I believe there has been maintenance along the way! :D
I have also slipped up and have been on SS
+ for 3.5 days without a hiccup...until this afternoon when I have spectacularly fallen off the waggon. Will be hitching back on tomorrow though.....can I remember somewhere in the deepest and darkest past of Mini's someone trotting along in a waggon with lots of us hanging onto it for grim death? Will look forward to seeing your progress and hope some of the Mini's magic rubs off like last time. Hello to all the other familiar names I see here too!:grouphugg:

:D I remember the wagon you were all on (and sometimes off!!) How are you Sleepy? Hope 2011 is the year when we all stay on the wagon train x

Hi Chelsea Lou, how are you doing?
Im watching the waggon disappear over the hill in a cloud of dust but gonna hail a taxi and catch up with it tomorrow ;-)

Hi Chelsea Lou, how are you doing?
Im watching the waggon disappear over the hill in a cloud of dust but gonna hail a taxi and catch up with it tomorrow ;-)

Hi hun, I'm properly poorly at the mo and feeling a bit sorry for myself :cry:but I might have to share your taxi if that's ok :D

SLEEPY!!! So happy to see you, big hugs! Get back on track tomorrow hun and then it'll be just one blip day and lots of good days. I didn't think I had the courage to come back to minis but I need the support and to be accountable - hoping it will help all of us!

Wagons are so 2009... it's all about sledges this January! Snowing hard outside, will have to walk down to the village to meet daughter from the late bus at 11... if it runs, that is! Not taking the car down that hill, but it will be a chunk of unexpected exercise! (Wish i DID have a sledge!)

xxx

Chelsea Lou....please feel free to jump in ;), sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good tho.
Katy, we had snow here in Lincs earlier in the day but it has all gone now. Don't envy you as if memory serves me right, you live pretty much in the middle of nowhere? My daughter has a sledge that she is itching to use but has been left lent against the wicker furniture in the conservatory since she got it on christmas day. Hope you get daughter back home safely, bonus exercise all good! I exercised my legs and debit card in town today...lost pounds! :D

I escaped the arctic trek... daughter just walked in! She'd been at a birthday meal of friend in town and was walking back to friend's house to pass the 2 hour wait for bus when a neighbour (female) with a 4 wheel drive saw her and offered her a lift home. YAYYY!!! Was worrying that bus might be cancelled... it's unreliable at the best of times... anyway, she is safe and no sledge rides required!
Still snowing but don't have to go anywhere tomorrow... ahhh!
xxx

awww look at all these lovely people turning up again for the 2011 sledge....love it!! Great to see you all!
Have lush day tomorrow all
xx

Morning folks... day three for me. Yesterday was good right up to the last hour, when I picked at quorn... wasn't really hungry, it was head hunger, and stress about daughter being out there stranded in the snow. Still, the scales showed a 2lb loss today, so I am determined to be 100% today and push it a bit further. Just writing 100% feels like making myself a promise, so fingers crossed.

Planning porridge for lunch again and a shake for tea, and I have a spare half-shake in case I get a hungry moment. The more days I can notch up the closer I will get to the 'safe zone' where I no longer want chocolate/sugar/carbs, and this time I am determined to get there. All year - well, for 18 months since hitting target - I have eaten very little wheat bread/ butter/ processed sweet food. Plenty of treats, but just didn't want those foods... and then since October I've just fallen apart and stopped listening to my taste buds, numbing them with processed rubbish and sugar, and look what happened.

I'd love to know why. All of September I was working away and kept things ticking over really well... but on my return it was if my body had finally had enough, and dropped the rule book. Actually, it has to have been my HEAD and not my body. Looking back, October was a very stressful month... maybe I just stepped right back to using food to sedate the anxious feelings?

Anyway, three months of unhappy eating is enough. Line has been drawn, door closed... moving forward now.

xxx

Morning Katy, Yay loving the moving forward hun...had a total switch off myself in December and now all of sudden my brain has reset which is great! Good news on the 2lbs so far!!
Did you know theres a new Choc mint crunch bar too? its divine! i'm liking the m&p porridge too, so sweet...love it!

Have a great weekend darl
xx

Katy well done! Day 3 and you are getting closer to the 'safe zone'. I think I'm going to struggle today, day 5 even though I am in ketosis. Again, like you it's a head thing. My head tells me I need to eat, I need to nibble on this and that because my stomach needs it. I was actually at a stable weight throughout 2010 until October and like you for three months I ate for comfort, for the loss of my mother in law, stress about the kids, about work and I ate because eating/food gave me a lovely comforting feeling even though I was at times stuffed. So, let's tackle this head stuff! 100% today.

Thanks Lelly and Kira! So identify with what you're saying Kira, wish I would learn that using food to subdue my feelings only ever makes me feel worse in the long run. New habits... so close to making them 2nd nature, but oh so easy to slip back into old ways.

100% it is... all aboard the sledge and we will slide through the day together.

xxx

@ Lelly, wish I could reset my head - if there was an on/off button for healthy eating, I seem to have lost it! Not having any bars at the moment but will order them in 2 weeks when I next see CDC... a treat to look forward to. Looking forward to that porridge for lunch already though!

xxx

:D Hey Katie, so lovely to see you after all this time, and everyone else I see popping up on here!

I look forward to hearing tales from your corner of Scotland as we go through the new year. Minis is here to support us through this, you know you can do this and once lovely ketosis kicks in it can all seem so much easier!

We had snow and rain yesterday and overnight so I need more of a rowing boat than a sledge at the moment!

I am on day 6 of a SS restart. So far so good, chugging the water and keeping myself occupied reading Minimins!

Last year was pretty full on for me with one thing and another and I ended the year about 2.5st heavier than when I started. But as with all of us - am doing something about it and that makes me feel better. OH is also doing it with me which makes it much easier as the fridge is empty and there is no booze in the house!!

Looking forward to catching up on all your news!
x

Oh WALES... so lovely to see you! Honestly this thread has made me all emotional with minis pals from long ago popping up! It feels good to be back and that is something I never thought I'd say... but you live and learn I guess and something went a bit wrong the last few months and my attempts to sort it by myself haven't worked...

On minis, though, we are all in this together and understand and can support each other. Do you have a diary/thread Wales? Sending a BIG hug!

xxx

Hug received Katy and one sent right back. It is lovely to see everyone and remember the great level of support received on here - lovely warm feeling (snuggled up in the back of that wagon!).

I haven't got a diary, was really only lurking but I might start one to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Hey hun, How is your day going??

I`m attempting to avoid succumbing to temptation to have the Maple & Pecan Porridge for "lunch" lol

I got enough for breakfast until weigh in but they`re soooo yummy and I am constantly FREEZING!! So I just want to snaffle some more :rolleyes: lol

I think I`ll go for a Strawberry Shake as I`ve not had one yet this time ;)

Hope you have a great weekend Xxx

I had maple & pecan porridge for lunch as well... mmm!

Plus a couple of coffees and herb teas, and then a walk in the snow which wasn't all that far but took an hour and involved climbing up a hill which felt like a proper work out. Dog was very happy, too! It was beautiful and exhilarating and took about 3 minutes for me to wonder why I didn't do it every day... trouble is the hillside I was on often has sheep on and that makes it a no-go zone for my dog. But today was wonderful, and I feel full of new energy, so that's a good start to the exercise plan!

Think I have been quite down over last few months, you don't notice until you begin to climb back out of the hole. Have a herb tea on the go now and looking forward to a hot choc for tea... so far so good!

xxx

Sounds lovely! :) Glad to hear you`re feeling more positive. I think you`re right about not realising sometimes :hug99:

I was good and didn`t give in to having the porridge LOL I had a Strawberry Shake and I`m just waiting for the water to cool enough to have a Choc Mint Shake hot :heartpump:

Nearly the end of another day!! :D Xxx

Glad you had a good day Katy. It can be like being ill with a cold, you don't realise how crappy you felt at the time until you are getting better and then reflect how poop you felt!

Here's to another fab day tomorrow x

Morning hun!

Happy Sunday, glad you had a great day yesterday hun, the walk sounded fab...oh to be near some green stuff...i forget what countryside looks like in the city!!

Have a lush day
xx

Back