Kay's 2 week refeed (Teapot)

Yep, good plan Emma!

Have cooked some lean mince (cooked mince and then tipped the oil off) with onion celery and lots of mushrooms and some tomato and basil sauce. Had that for lunch on top of the other half a roll from yesterday with some rocket and tomato salad.

Just about to set off to Oxford so will update when I get back. Look after yourselves while I'm away and have a lovely weekend x x x

Yummy. Have a great night Kay xx

Emma, it was vet tasty and I'm glad I made the effort :) The rest of yesterday's food intake consisted of the summer berries maintenance shake (not bad, and would possibly have it again) at 7pm and 2 plain thick slices of bread after we got home 1am ish. Had 3 diet cokes during the evening.

On a different note (sorry), can't remember when I last went to the loo. Had a small tummy ache lastnight so think I may need some dulcolax overnight to sort me out.

Refeed day 14

2pm - Beef burger and salad (very tasty)
7pm - banana, orange, yoghurt
9pm - leftover lean mince from yesterday with salad, beetroot and balsamic vinegar

Well done Kay your two week refeed is done! Do you have a plan now or just carry on sensible eating, good luck at weigh in today I'm sure you have done great x

Thanks Emma, going to stick to sensible eating and see how I get on in conjunction with regular hypnotherapy. I really want to properly learn how to eat for my bodies needs and like a naturally thin person would, that will eat more sometimes and less at other times to have balance overall. This is a long term goal, but will need nudging along initially eeeek!

Thanks Cazie!! The harder work begins now to try and maintain, but still taking it one day at a time. Great to see you back on course. Sometimes the security of trf calls to me, but got to move forward :)

x x x

Did you get weighed Kay? Xx

Hi Emma, no unfortunately.
Took my car in for the clutch to be done first thing this morning and they were hoping to have it done by lunchtime. Needless to say they have my car overnight as it's in pieces and they need more bits that will only arrive tomorrow, so not sure if I'll be able to get weighed officially tomorrow either :( The other bad news is that my car is going to cost a little more than double what we were originally quoted. Not impressed at all and it's made me really stressed and in need of comfort eating today :( Have been drinking lots of water and trying to keep busy, but it's not easy. Trf was much easier in these sorts of circumstances. I'm wondering if it's a mental combination of the technicality that I've finished refeed and also the stress?? Anyway, struggling on and hanging on by my fingernails. So desperate for something sugary.

How did you do? x x x

Oh no! clutches dont come cheap, I know how you feel Hun Ive had a hellish day well week really everything's going wrong and this morning resorted to eating a big bar of malteasers chocolate and felt sick ever since. Well done not giving in your doing so well. It is harder than TFR now we have done refeed, it feels like we have permission to eat what we like, which makes it hard because we're on our own but you are so strong and have so much willpower, you CAN get through this xxx

Bummer about the chocolate doll. I've been eyeing a walnut whip all day, so you're not alone there. Kept picking it up and reading 171 calories and putting it down. Ended up having a small pancake 88 cals but not having jam or anything sweet on it sort of defeated the object and so not satisfying. That tells me it's my head in charge and I've been wondering if actually having the chocolate would have stopped the need. Did the chocolate do it for you? x x x

Not at all, wasn't worth it just made me bloated and feel sick, I just tried to eat dinner And I'm so bloated that the dinner doesn't even feel like its going down, such a horrible feeling, saying that after all you're done you should be able to treat yourself sometimes, problem I had was not knowing where to stop , I kept going back to the fridge for another square until the whole pack was gone. I should have stopped at the first few squares then I may have got away with it, I didn't even read the calories but dread to think how many now probably more than a thousand, hating myself right now x

Not at all, wasn't worth it just made me bloated and feel sick, I just tried to eat dinner And I'm so bloated that the dinner doesn't even feel like its going down, such a horrible feeling, saying that after all you're done you should be able to treat yourself sometimes, problem I had was not knowing where to stop , I kept going back to the fridge for another square until the whole pack was gone. I should have stopped at the first few squares then I may have got away with it, I didn't even read the calories but dread to think how many now probably more than a thousand, hating myself right now x
Aww Emma, don't hate yourself!! It's done now and you can take a positive from it as a lesson learned for next time to just have a couple of pieces. It's going to be hard adjusting at first and developing new food habits now we're not on TFR and we're bound to make a few mistakes along the way but that's how we're going to learn what's right for us! You've done so well and have a fab loss to show for it..keep up the good work and don't be hard on yourself..and take it all one step at a time..positive thinking!! ps. hope you're back is getting better too xxxxx

Emma, we both have to remember that eating has been tricky for both of us before. We both finished refeeding yesterday and today is the first day of 'freedom'. I think it's like being let loose and you don't quite know what the rules are anymore. What's done is done and it's best to remember how bloated you feel today so that you can avoid eating that again in quantity, and I too will remember to avoid the same situation. Still think our tums are very sensitive atm and overdoing it is going to make us feel blah. I found a small bottle of diet coke which I drank earlier that quenched the need for sweetness for me thank goodness, and a great alternative to going mad and eating the contents of the house. Don't give yourself a hard time, although I know it's easier said than done. Tomorrow is a new day, and we are going to have to learn to forgive ourselves to avoid spiralling. The learning continues x x x

As I am unlikely to be able to do the official weigh in again today, I have weighed myself at home. Not good news. As at this morning I weigh 76.4Kg which converts to 12st :( oh crap :( Have taken some dulcolax today as I feel really constipated. I really don't want to become obsessed with weighing myself again and would rather do it at the pharmacy. Am hoping that the need to eat yesterday may be period related. Upping my water intake again today and going back to drinking mostly black tea.

As I am unlikely to be able to do the official weigh in again today, I have weighed myself at home. Not good news. As at this morning I weigh 76.4Kg which converts to 12st :( oh crap :( Have taken some dulcolax today as I feel really constipated. I really don't want to become obsessed with weighing myself again and would rather do it at the pharmacy. Am hoping that the need to eat yesterday may be period related. Upping my water intake again today and going back to drinking mostly black tea.
I wouldn't worry too much about it Kay, scales at home tend to give false readings. Don't let it get you down and carry on being focused to your goal. I like to think of my weight as a steady marker to go off, but I much prefer to go off my feelings and how 'light' I feel in myself. Periods and constipation won't be doing you any favours if you're feeling bloated either. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and maybe add a gentle exercise to the mix. I can highly recommend the 30 day squat challenge, it is difficult at first but it's results are amazing and quick too! Maybe some swimming as well for gentle toning, as your body adjusts to the intake of food. You've come so far and have done so well, it's unbelievable what you have achieved! You will soon get natural food habits and it will be second nature to you to be a healthy eater. The 5:2 diet has some really good healthy recipes, I have just bought a cook book of it and once my refeed is complete I am going to follow that plan. It has been designed by the South Manchester Breast Cancer Research Foundation and has many proven health qualities and helps you lose weight at the same time, once you have reached your healthy weight you can adjust it slightly to help you maintain for life. You eat a normal healthy balanced diet for 5 days and then 2 days of the week you have a restricted diet of 500 calories per day. The cook book I have has some gorgeous recipes in it for all days and it doesn't look like diet food at all! I have copied the amazon link to this for you to have a nose :) Keep focused and believing in yourself and you will achieve anything you set your mind too! Good luck xxxx
http://www.amazon.co.uk/2-Day-Diet-...=UTF8&qid=1368524548&sr=1-6&keywords=5+2+diet

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=30+day+squat+challenge&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-GBGB533GB533&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=cAeSUYu5JYOrOt65gZgK&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=643#imgrc=XdcgUtvPhYQizM%3A%3BcEJvGiJBo0CfWM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F4.bp.blogspot.com%252F-drao66C1Uao%252FUXyCFCWX3lI%252FAAAAAAAACPs%252FZZh0_04P4Ik%252Fs1600%252F30day.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Famberlikes.blogspot.com%252F2013%252F04%252Fsquatting-onto-bandwagon-30-day-squat.html%3B700%3B458

Kay that's no where near as bad as me. I've put on 6lb on my refeed week. I'm absolutely gutted :-(

Thanks Anna, will take a look at 5:2 :)

Emma, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Was hoping it was going to be closer to 3lbs for you. Chin up luv, you and I will figure this out x x x

Get the ducolax into you Kay!!!! You'll probably lose 2/3lbs once you clear your system out. And if you've your period you'll retain water too. That's all the weight is, its water. Eating salad everday couldn't possibly put on weight. Don't lose heart or doubt your refeed, you've done amazing work and it'll take time to find a new normal x x x

I hope you are doing ok Kay ?

Hi Buttercup, yep doing ok I think. Cath, I do believe you are going to get a name for yourself on here as the voice of reason x x x

Was quite disappointed putting some weight back on. Have been to the pharmacy this morning and got weighed. Still 76.4kg on their scales. Had quite a long chat with the lady there who is the main contact for LT and wasn't in last week. She was great and has said that after 2 weeks she really would have expected me to put on a little more, so I've done well, and has said that I should expect to put on a little more while my body readjusts to a natural level. She stressed that I need to continue to stick to healthy choices and portions. She suggested some lactulose solution to gently get my digestive system going again. 15mls in the morning and again at night which helps keep the water content higher in your bowels to avoid the constipation (it's a syrup and tastes lovely). It's not a laxative and can be given to children. I have been relying on dulcolax for a good portion of the last 6 months and have found the last 2 and a bit weeks I'm not 'feeling' like I need to go, which may be part of the problem and hopefully the lactulose will do the trick and stop me feeling bloated and uncomfortable. I've arranged to go back and get weighed in 2 weeks, but she says she's not worried, and that I should try to relax about it too. We will re access in 2 weeks if necessary. I must say I do feel a lot calmer this afternoon. I had already had discussions with my OH about the likelihood of gaining some weight back, so I stayed on LT a month longer so I had some leeway, but it's really hard when it actually happens.

Anyway, I'm hoping the calmness continues as it does make food choices easier too, as today I don't feel like I'm having to fight the food demons like I did yesterday.

Emma I wish your pharmacy had spent some time with you to reassure you like they did for me today. I've been busy with work so I'm not having time to spend on the forum to read and respond as much as I normally do. Hope you are ok x x x

Back