Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 st 1... we're the same weight for first time ever... he's normally lighter than me ;)

Wow that was a good guess! Chris is 15st 12, can't wait to catch him up! Must feel amazing to be lighter than your OH, haha, its not like mine's even skinny, he's obese himself! :rolleyes: x

Mine is no skinny minnie either. Poor DH... if he read this he'd be going on the soup!

Mine is no skinny minnie either. Poor DH... if he read this he'd be going on the soup!

Haha, bless em! Chris is sat next to me eating nuts and drinking a beer so I don't see it happening any time soon... :rolleyes::p xx

Kay, I've had a think, and I won't be able to commit a full week to the soup challenge this month. We've been invited to a couple of dinners next weekend, and it's just not feasible. So, I'll drop out this time, but back on track to do salad challenge the following week.

Next time soup comes round, I'll be on it!

Not sure il be starting this today Hun , il see how the day pans out ,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kay, I've had a think, and I won't be able to commit a full week to the soup challenge this month. We've been invited to a couple of dinners next weekend, and it's just not feasible. So, I'll drop out this time, but back on track to do salad challenge the following week.

Next time soup comes round, I'll be on it!

No probs Niamh, enjoy your days out hun, maybe another time :).

Kay xx

Not sure il be starting this today Hun , il see how the day pans out ,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's ok Von hunny, take your time, when your ready :).

Kay xx

Hi Kay, hope i's not too late to join. After STS this week I definitely need something to kick me into gear. I eat HM soup for lunch mos days but it's the other meals that might be causing me issues!

Name - Emma (rubyeskimo)
Start Date - 14th April 2014
Weigh In Date - 21st April 2014

Hi Kay, hope i's not too late to join. After STS this week I definitely need something to kick me into gear. I eat HM soup for lunch mos days but it's the other meals that might be causing me issues!

Name - Emma (rubyeskimo)
Start Date - 14th April 2014
Weigh In Date - 21st April 2014

Hi Hun, your welcome to join the challenge but its a lot to read and take in, its not just bout eating soups in the week. Its a low carb challenge and all soups have to be made fresh, not shop bought ones, will you be ok with that for the whole 7 days ? It's a tough challenge to follow, you will get major carb withdrawals knowing you can't eat bread, pasta, rice, noodles, potatoes. Have a good read through the guidelines on page 1 then get back to me. If your still up for it let me know :), but yes if you follow it 100% without tweaking it, you will defo see some good losses. :D

Kay xx

Good Morning!
I'm trying to do a bit of planning for the week ahead and have some questions I hope you can help me with Kay.

Can I eat the same soup every day? More than likely I would make 2 batches of soup and alternate the 7 days- or would you recommend eating a different one each day?
Syns- I realise it's 10 a day and also realise on a red day I'm not supposed to have carbs. Surely it's more beneficial for me to use 6 syns on a wholemeal roll than on a curly wurly or a double vodka diet coke- or is it better to use our syns for "naughty" and not eat carbs?!
I don't eat meat so was thinking of making a batch of speed soup. Obvs this has lentils and stuff in it- would this be too much carb for the red day, as in, ought I have measurable portions of baked beans and so on?

As a rough guide does this sound ok?

RED:- chopped fruit, activia yogurt, [INSERT SOUP HERE], 2x quorn sausages (2 syns), 2x eggs, 150g baked beans, fruit

GREEN:- 35g fruit n fibre, banana, [INSERT SOUP HERE], veggie shepherds pie (1.5 syns) with veg, mullerlight

but now say I wanted a 6 syn packet of sunbites on the red day, is that allowed? Because they're obviously carby but I'm allowed 10 syns.
Say on that green day I was to have 2x vodkas (4 syns each) is that ok?

I also need to think of what to have in between meals as so far I'm only thinking meals but I actually have to eat something every couple of hours otherwise I've had it.
Sorry to go on. I really don't want to come up with excuses during the challenge. I really am full of them you know.

Any help will be greatly appreciated xxx

Hello Kay :) hope your having a fun time with your sister and enjoying your meal.

Did you say the soup challenge was starting tomorrow? If so count me in, I've got a speed soup for lunch tomorrow xx

Hi hun .:) I'm glad you want to start the Soup Challenge but am not sure if you've had a chance to take in all the guidelines. I know you mentioned about having a green day today in your diary, but DAY 1 of the challenge is a RED DAY with NO CARBS, so no rice, pasta, bread, noodles, potatoes etc. This is a low carb challenge and not just based on eating soups in the week, that's why its a good idea to go over the guidelines again and decide if its for you. All the soups have to me made fresh and cannot be shop bought ones which contain higher salt values and additives.

Anyway I hope you have a fab day, look forward to hearing from you soon hun. ;)

Kay xx

Good Morning!
I'm trying to do a bit of planning for the week ahead and have some questions I hope you can help me with Kay.

Can I eat the same soup every day? More than likely I would make 2 batches of soup and alternate the 7 days- or would you recommend eating a different one each day?
Syns- I realise it's 10 a day and also realise on a red day I'm not supposed to have carbs. Surely it's more beneficial for me to use 6 syns on a wholemeal roll than on a curly wurly or a double vodka diet coke- or is it better to use our syns for "naughty" and not eat carbs?!
I don't eat meat so was thinking of making a batch of speed soup. Obvs this has lentils and stuff in it- would this be too much carb for the red day, as in, ought I have measurable portions of baked beans and so on?

As a rough guide does this sound ok?

RED:- chopped fruit, activia yogurt, [INSERT SOUP HERE], 2x quorn sausages (2 syns), 2x eggs, 150g baked beans, fruit

GREEN:- 35g fruit n fibre, banana, [INSERT SOUP HERE], veggie shepherds pie (1.5 syns) with veg, mullerlight

but now say I wanted a 6 syn packet of sunbites on the red day, is that allowed? Because they're obviously carby but I'm allowed 10 syns.
Say on that green day I was to have 2x vodkas (4 syns each) is that ok?

I also need to think of what to have in between meals as so far I'm only thinking meals but I actually have to eat something every couple of hours otherwise I've had it.
Sorry to go on. I really don't want to come up with excuses during the challenge. I really am full of them you know.

Any help will be greatly appreciated xxx

Hey Kimberley :), well done for thinking it through and you can throw as many questions as you like hun, I'm here to help.

1. Yes you can eat the same soup as many times as you like. But its good to change every 2 days so you have variety otherwise there is a risk of becoming bored and going off the challenge.

2. No Carbs on red days - I hear what your saying about a wm roll instead of a choccy bar, but the syns are there so you don't feel deprived in the week because its a tough challenge to follow. With regards to the wm roll, your soup will be packed with fibre so your body is getting enough from there. Also you are getting a healthy dose of carbs on your green days so you won't miss out, on those days you can have your wm roll. No doubt in this challenge, people will find the red days the toughest. Rather than blip and go off the challenge, if your really feeling you can't fight the carb withdrawal then go for something which is low in carb grams .

3. RED DAY / GREEN DAY food plans - your red day and green day food plans sound perfectly fine hun.

4. Sun bites on a red day - Yes no doubt there will be some carbs in the 10 syns you have but that is allowed because you will be having no other carbs on a red day. The only thing about crisps is they are high in salt, have them as your treat but remember to drink your 2L of water to wash away all that salt which retains water in the body and causes us to bloat.

5. Vodkas on green - hmm I don't want to say no alcohol, you guys will kill me :D, but this is a bit like a detox so if you can keep it to just one day in the week that would be good

6. Snacks between meals - veg sticks, fruit yogurts, fruit ... I will come up with more Kimberley, I think this will help the others too.

I hope this has helped, if you have any more questions, do let me know :).

Kay xx

Thanks so much Kay.
I would be so proud of myself if I could actually complete a challenge! Lol!!!

Thanks so much Kay.
I would be so proud of myself if I could actually complete a challenge! Lol!!!

We're all gonna be having a strop together on the red days :D, don't worry, the carb withdrawals will make us all slightly mad :banghead: , but we'll get through this, slimmer and better ! :p Just keep coming on here everyday once you start, for your daily rants, were all gonna be doing it ! :D But we'll all help each other and get through this like we did the Salad Challenge ! :)

Kay xx

Hi Hun, your welcome to join the challenge but its a lot to read and take in, its not just bout eating soups in the week. Its a low carb challenge and all soups have to be made fresh, not shop bought ones, will you be ok with that for the whole 7 days ? It's a tough challenge to follow, you will get major carb withdrawals knowing you can't eat bread, pasta, rice, noodles, potatoes. Have a good read through the guidelines on page 1 then get back to me. If your still up for it let me know :), but yes if you follow it 100% without tweaking it, you will defo see some good losses. :D

Kay xx

Thanks for the advice Kay. I'm definitely on board! Going food shopping later so will be stocking up on my dried fruit to have as HEB on the red days!

Thanks for the advice Kay. I'm definitely on board! Going food shopping later so will be stocking up on my dried fruit to have as HEB on the red days!

Fantastic ! Welcome on board, do read the guidelines over and over until you fully understand the challenge. Feel free to ask me any questions on here :). I will update your name on the list now ! :D Oh and get ready to kick some butt to those lbs !! :asskick:

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back