Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

1. Friday 11 April 2014
2. Soup Challenge Day 1
3. Red Day
4. Water Intake - 2L
5. No carbs
6. Body Magic - 20 mins exercise and 10 mins mowing the lawn.
7. Total Syns - 8.5
8. Soup - Carrot & Celery Soup (carrots, celery, onions, cabbage, veg stock, parsley, garlic and seasoning)

1. Saturday 12 April 2014
2. Soup Challenge Day 2
3. EE day
4. Water intake 2L
5. Don't know how many carbs in bite size choc brownie??
6. 40 min walk
7. Total syns = 9
8. Carrot & Celery soup as yesterday

1. Sunday 13 April
2. Soup Challenge Day 3
3. Red day
4. Water Intake -2L - that was hard to do today!!
5. No carbs
6. No exercise
7. Total syns - 8.75
8. Minestrone soup - onions, garlic, tin tomatoes, box passata, tomato puree, cabbage, red pepper, cannellini beans, carrots, celery, vegetable stock (saved water from cooking veg)oregano, basil, salt & pepper

Lol :D when did you start ? Don't get me wrong I'm well impressed hehe . How come you never told me ? You like giving me overtime don't you Linda lol, off I go to update your details to the challenge . Well done hun, super ! :)

Kay xx

Linda forgot to add, hope your aware, because you started Friday, you will only get 5 full days on the challenge before your Wednesday morning weigh in, hope your ok with that hun ? :)

Kay xx

Hi Kay, your soup looks scrummy. Just noticed it has kidney beans and corn in it, which would normally be naughty on a red day. Is it allowed during the soup challenge? Or did you have to syn it? xx

Hi Kay, your soup looks scrummy. Just noticed it has kidney beans and corn in it, which would normally be naughty on a red day. Is it allowed during the soup challenge? Or did you have to syn it? xx

My soup didn't have any meat so I used red kidney beans for protein. Beans and pulses can be used in the soups in moderation ( I used half a can only). The mini cobs I had a pack in the freezer, think there was only 3 left so chucked them into the soup lol.

Kay xx

Sorry just checked, I'm within my hexb on red, you can use beans and pulses as a hexb on red days. And mini cob is free isn't it, its a veg ?

Kay xx

Linda forgot to add, hope your aware, because you started Friday, you will only get 5 full days on the challenge before your Wednesday morning weigh in, hope your ok with that hun ? :)

Kay xx

Thanks Kay - that's fine - just trying to fit the challenge in at a busy time!!xx

Great about the HE!
My bad, baby corn is superfree, it's sweet corn that is only free on green!xx

Great about the HE!
My bad, baby corn is superfree, it's sweet corn that is only free on green!xx

You scared me :eek: :D ! Good luck for tomorrow hun :).

Kay xx

Sorry just checked, I'm within my hexb on red, you can use beans and pulses as a hexb on red days. And mini cob is free isn't it, its a veg ?

Kay xx

Totally forgot that beans and pulses counted as your HEB on red days (can you tell that I don't do them that often?). That means the kidney beans in my chilli tonight will count as my second HEB of the day so I don't have to worry about finding something else to have!

Hi Kay!

My challenge starts today! However, I want to check my food with you if that's ok as I'm not sure if I'm doing it right! :( This is my plan for the day (I'm yet to eat so I can change it if needs be!!)

Breakfast: Tea with semi-skimmed milk, 2 sweetners, 200g Strawberries, 100g Grapes.
Dinner: 2 x Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk
Tea: Vegetable soup (leeks, onion, carrots, peppers, brocolli, whatever other veg is in the fridge!)

Snacks: 4 tangerines, 1 banana, 2 x low calorie hot chocolate.

Does this sound ok? Please let me know if you think I need to change anything! :D xxxx

Hi Kay!

My challenge starts today! However, I want to check my food with you if that's ok as I'm not sure if I'm doing it right! :( This is my plan for the day (I'm yet to eat so I can change it if needs be!!)

Breakfast: Tea with semi-skimmed milk, 2 sweetners, 200g Strawberries, 100g Grapes.
Dinner: 2 x Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk
Tea: Vegetable soup (leeks, onion, carrots, peppers, brocolli, whatever other veg is in the fridge!)

Snacks: 4 tangerines, 1 banana, 2 x low calorie hot chocolate.

Does this sound ok? Please let me know if you think I need to change anything! :D xxxx

Hey hun :), well done on starting the challenge ! For dinner is it possible you can have something else ? Cereal is normally quite high in carbs and red day is a non carb day. Can you have an egg omelette instead ? For tea, your soup sounds perfect hun, just when you say `and any other veg ' that should not include potato.

Kay xx

Also Kirsty I've calculated your syns for you hun. Based on the foods you've listed, x2 hot choccies is 4 syns :). Just fill that in tonight when you come on here to fill the template out.

Kay xx

Hey hun :), well done on starting the challenge ! For dinner is it possible you can have something else ? Cereal is normally quite high in carbs and red day is a non carb day. Can you have an egg omelette instead ? For tea, your soup sounds perfect hun, just when you say `and any other veg ' that should not include potato.

Kay xx

Thank you!!! Well, I'm at work and I was a bit silly this morning and forgot to bring anything apart from what I already have at work! :booboo: So my options are ww tomato soup, weetabix, or porridge. Which do you think is the best option? I could kick myself because I didn't even bring my purse so it's not even like I can go to the shop. I'm an idiot! :( Or..... I could have my strawberries, grapes, banana, and tangerines during the day and try and hold off until tonight for my soup? What do you think would be best? Yep, I'll make sure there is no potato in it :D but lots of yummy non carby veg!! xxxx

Thank you!!! Well, I'm at work and I was a bit silly this morning and forgot to bring anything apart from what I already have at work! :booboo: So my options are ww tomato soup, weetabix, or porridge. Which do you think is the best option? I could kick myself because I didn't even bring my purse so it's not even like I can go to the shop. I'm an idiot! :( Or..... I could have my strawberries, grapes, banana, and tangerines during the day and try and hold off until tonight for my soup? What do you think would be best? Yep, I'll make sure there is no potato in it :D but lots of yummy non carby veg!! xxxx

Go with porridge and some fruit. Porridge is high in fibre and will keep you fuller for longer but have the fruit too until evening then have your soup. :)

Kay xx

Go with porridge and some fruit. Porridge is high in fibre and will keep you fuller for longer but have the fruit too until evening then have your soup. :)

Kay xx

Thanks so much Kay!!! :) Looking forward to being really healthy (you will see this week it will be a change from my usual choccy treats!) And I will make sure I am more prepared for the rest of the week! I'm thinking for my dinners or teas that aren't soup maybe salads or omelette's or stir fried veggies with prawns etc may be a good choice! :) xxxxx

Thanks so much Kay!!! :) Looking forward to being really healthy (you will see this week it will be a change from my usual choccy treats!) And I will make sure I am more prepared for the rest of the week! I'm thinking for my dinners or teas that aren't soup maybe salads or omelette's or stir fried veggies with prawns etc may be a good choice! :) xxxxx

Yep that sounds fab but just keep in mind, red days are meat and green days no meat so no prawns :), but today is a red day so you can have fish if you like.

Kay xx

I'm in the middle of eating my soup and it tastes exactly like the Heinz vegetable soup! I'm definitely going to be making it again after the challenge. Also 1 litre of water down, just 1 more to go. Can't stop going to the loo though!

Well done Ruby on all the water! I'm struggling on that today as usually I have diet fizzy drinks. I will do it though but gonna have to pace myself, lol.

Kay can I just check we can have our hexa's as normal? So I could have 2 x mini babybel?
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back