Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kay! I just have a couple of questions (sorry, I have a feeling you are going to be a very busy bunny this week!)

1. Can I have something with my soup? i.e. Soup & a side salad? or should it be soup, only soup and nothing but soup?
2. On red days can I incorporate meat into the soup (i.e. chicken soup) or should it be superfree?
3. Is there a minimum number of veg I should include per soup?
4. I know certain fruits are high in carbs, are there any in particular I should stay away from?

Thanks for your help hun!

x

Hi Kay! I just have a couple of questions (sorry, I have a feeling you are going to be a very busy bunny this week!)

1. Can I have something with my soup? i.e. Soup & a side salad? or should it be soup, only soup and nothing but soup?
2. On red days can I incorporate meat into the soup (i.e. chicken soup) or should it be superfree?
3. Is there a minimum number of veg I should include per soup?
4. I know certain fruits are high in carbs, are there any in particular I should stay away from?

Thanks for your help hun!

x

Hey Sophie :), fire away hun !

1. Yes you can have any non carb sides with your soup like veggie sticks or salad .
2. On red days yes you can add protein and should, all lean meats with all visable fat removed.
3. No minimum, the more fibre the better, all green coloured veggies are good, packed with iron and vitamins, but no potatoes.
4. Normally fruits that are high in carbs are high in sugars too. Use this chart as a rough guide, try not to get distracted with all the figures, its only the sugar column you need to look at, as an example you can see bananas are high in sugar so will be high in carbs too. I don't want to make this challenge too boring and restrictive. So I'd rather someone have a banana then sink their head into a chocolate cake if you know what I mean :p. But since your asking about fruit that would be my recommendation to eat the fruits that are lower in sugar.

Here is the Fruit Nutrition Table (look down at the sugar grams column and go for the ones which are lower in sugar)

Fruit Nutrition Facts. Nutrient Facts For Fruits, Content Charts.

Hope this helps :)

Kay xx

Thanks lovely!

That's very helpful indeed.

I've just had a quick look and strawberries are nice and low - woohoo!

I can't wait to get started!
xxx

1. DATE: Sunday 13th April
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 1
3. PLAN: Red Day
4. WATER INTAKE: 2L
5. CARBS TODAY: None
6. BODY MAGIC: 40 min walk
7. TOTAL SYNS: 5
8. SOUP: Kale Soup x2 bowls (kale, broccoli , red kidney beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, baby corn, red peppers, onions, garlic and ginger, LS Stock, black pepper, lemon juice)

IMG_0845.jpg IMG_0839.jpg

Last edited:
1. DATE Sunday 13th April
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE. Day 1
3 .PLAN. Red
4. WATER INTAKE. 3 L
5. CARBS TODAY none
6. BODY MAGIC 30 mins walking
7. TOTAL SYNS none
8. SOUP celery and sweetcorn,
( whole bunch celery, 1tin sweetcorn, 2 onions, red , green and yellow peppers. Black pepper, mixed herbs, garlic , ginger, tsp mustard, and added some chilli powder , never done before but it's turned out ok,
Dash of lemon juice.

My body magic was a 2 mile walk with Leslie that I found in Internet , it took 30 mins, xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Made my first batch of soup to start off the week tomorrow - kale, carrot, swede, leeks, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock. Very much looking forward to it!

Made my first batch of soup to start off the week tomorrow - kale, carrot, swede, leeks, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock. Very much looking forward to it!

Well done hun, I've just finished day 1 and haven't missed the carbs so much but think by day 3 or 4 it will get harder :D, but we can all get through this together !

Kay xx

Well done on your first day hun!

Just wanted to check if baked beans were allowed as a hex on the red day? I'm trying to plan my tea for tomorrow x

Yea we can , I feel flooded wiv all the water and it's been plain water not NAS, wanted to give a day or so to plain water ,

Well done on your first day hun!

Just wanted to check if baked beans were allowed as a hex on the red day? I'm trying to plan my tea for tomorrow x

Yep that should be fine hun, I'm sure you'll have other stuff to go with it on the plate, so your portion should be fine :). Thanks Bev so happy got one day under my belt. Didn't miss the carbs too much but reckon that will kick in mid week :p. Loving the sound of your chicken soup, yum yum. The soup does bloat you and fill you up. I think a lot of people are thinking they will be hungry, I'm sure Von will agree with me, you actually feel quite full, which is good. :D

Kay xx

Yea we can , I feel flooded wiv all the water and it's been plain water not NAS, wanted to give a day or so to plain water ,

Lol :D I feel flooded too hun. But its good to feel full with healthy stuff. Well done on your 3L, I only managed 2L because I had to pop out. I've got loads of the kale soup left so thinking either to have that tomorrow or leave it in the fridge for the day after and make a different one tomorrow, not sure yet. Are you gonna have your celery one tomorrow ? Are you making another one in the week ? :)

Kay xx

Yep that should be fine hun, I'm sure you'll have other stuff to go with it on the plate, so your portion should be fine :). Thanks Bev so happy got one day under my belt. Didn't miss the carbs too much but reckon that will kick in mid week :p. Loving the sound of your chicken soup, yum yum. The soup does bloat you and fill you up. I think a lot of people are thinking they will be hungry, I'm sure Von will agree with me, you actually feel quite full, which is good. :D

Kay xx

Oh don't worry I was thinking about having the beans with a ham and veggie omelette so wouldn't be a lot. In the end though I've decided on a yummy Subway salad for tea tomorrow night to go with my chicken and veggie soup at lunch.

Glad you haven't felt too hungry or missed the carbs! I can't remember the last time I had a day without carbs so it'll be really interesting to see how my body responds to it weight loss wise xxx

Oh don't worry I was thinking about having the beans with a ham and veggie omelette so wouldn't be a lot. In the end though I've decided on a yummy Subway salad for tea tomorrow night to go with my chicken and veggie soup at lunch.

Glad you haven't felt too hungry or missed the carbs! I can't remember the last time I had a day without carbs so it'll be really interesting to see how my body responds to it weight loss wise xxx

I think you'll surprise yourself and do well Bev, red days and you are normally always a good match :D they suit you. I feel the carb cravings will kick in mid week, but you never know our blood sugar levels may have stabilized by then and we might not crave as much as we think. All the fibre in the soup will help keep us feel full for longer throughout the day. The soup is the key to the losses, the more you drink the more you shrink ! I try and have more than 1 bowl a day but if you can't think of having that much soup then one a day is fine. :)

Kay xx

Lol :D I feel flooded too hun. But its good to feel full with healthy stuff. Well done on your 3L, I only managed 2L because I had to pop out. I've got loads of the kale soup left so thinking either to have that tomorrow or leave it in the fridge for the day after and make a different one tomorrow, not sure yet. Are you gonna have your celery one tomorrow ? Are you making another one in the week ? :) Kay xx

I feel stuffed lol
Yea I will be having it tomorrow , not made up my Mind which to try next, I might copy you wiv the kale ,

I feel stuffed lol
Yea I will be having it tomorrow , not made up my Mind which to try next, I might copy you wiv the kale ,

Yep kale soup is yummy indeed :). I'm thinking I might make one with quorn chicken next, hmm decisions decisions. :p

Kay xx

I think you'll surprise yourself and do well Bev, red days and you are normally always a good match :D they suit you. I feel the carb cravings will kick in mid week, but you never know our blood sugar levels may have stabilized by then and we might not crave as much as we think. All the fibre in the soup will help keep us feel full for longer throughout the day. The soup is the key to the losses, the more you drink the more you shrink ! I try and have more than 1 bowl a day but if you can't think of having that much soup then one a day is fine. :)

Kay xx

Not sure if I'll manage more than 1 a day, you read my diary so know I never have soup usually! Going to 7 bowls in a week and NO BREAD is going to be a right shock to the system, in a healthy way though! You never know by the end of the challenge I might be a soup addict, I hope so 'cos they are soo healthy! xx

Not sure if I'll manage more than 1 a day, you read my diary so know I never have soup usually! Going to 7 bowls in a week and NO BREAD is going to be a right shock to the system, in a healthy way though! You never know by the end of the challenge I might be a soup addict, I hope so 'cos they are soo healthy! xx

Yep I know soup without bread just doesn't make sense lol :D Oh well one day when we're all at target we'll raid a bakery ! hehe :p

Kay xx

1. Friday 11 April 2014
2. Soup Challenge Day 1
3. Red Day
4. Water Intake - 2L
5. No carbs
6. Body Magic - 20 mins exercise and 10 mins mowing the lawn.
7. Total Syns - 8.5
8. Soup - Carrot & Celery Soup (carrots, celery, onions, cabbage, veg stock, parsley, garlic and seasoning)

1. Saturday 12 April 2014
2. Soup Challenge Day 2
3. EE day
4. Water intake 2L
5. Don't know how many carbs in bite size choc brownie??
6. 40 min walk
7. Total syns = 9
8. Carrot & Celery soup as yesterday

1. Sunday 13 April
2. Soup Challenge Day 3
3. Red day
4. Water Intake -2L - that was hard to do today!!
5. No carbs
6. No exercise
7. Total syns - 8.75
8. Minestrone soup - onions, garlic, tin tomatoes, box passata, tomato puree, cabbage, red pepper, cannellini beans, carrots, celery, vegetable stock (saved water from cooking veg)oregano, basil, salt & pepper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back