Kaz's vegan food diary

They came today AFR and vegan omicron (latter one I'm a little overwhelmed by so I'm starting on
The AFR) they all look amazing! I have my vegan staples delivered today too, a whole new jouney which I'm sure will take a while to learn but I'm really enjoying it :)))

Tomorrow is my first weigh-in with SW, I remain convinced that I've put weight on with all of the bread I seem to have eaten this week plus 2 lots of SW chips!

Today's food has been:

Breakfast: 1 choc weetabix (4syns), 250ml rice milk (HExA), strawberries, banana

Lunch: Leftover black bean chilli, 2 wholemeal bread (HExB), 20 cashew nuts (HExB)

Snack: 1 clementine, 1 banana

Dinner: 2 Vegan sausages (3 syns), SW chips, baked beans, sweet corn, brown sauce (1syn)

Just looked back over my weekly diary and notice I've had bread every day apart from day 1 - no wonder I'm feeling bloated! Must plan better next week and find something else on HExB

I have my vegan staples delivered today too, a whole new jouney which I'm sure will take a while to learn but I'm really enjoying it :)))

Kel, I've used AFR for the past 2-3 weeks and its the only book I use now - mainly because most of the recipes appear to be low syn if not syn free. I've only been a vegan since Easter this year and have never been so excited about food. I started by getting a load of processed stuff from the supermarket or Holland & Barrett but now find I'm just using fresh fruit/veg and beans/lentils and cooking stuff from scratch - that way I know exactly what's going into the food. Do you buy your staples all from one place?

KazGoa65 said:
Kel, I've used AFR for the past 2-3 weeks and its the only book I use now - mainly because most of the recipes appear to be low syn if not syn free. I've only been a vegan since Easter this year and have never been so excited about food. I started by getting a load of processed stuff from the supermarket or Holland & Barrett but now find I'm just using fresh fruit/veg and beans/lentils and cooking stuff from scratch - that way I know exactly what's going into the food. Do you buy your staples all from one place?

Hiya I have only been vegan a couple of weeks max and went from eating meat like you but most of my recipes appeared to be plant based and I love lentils, pulses etc so being a big cooker I am really loving it and it's just slotted into my life. Goodness direct was recommended to me as I wanted edamame (love them) got 3 bags but needed order 6 do bought some frys sausages and chicken burgers suppose when km after a quick fix they are good to have in :) not bothering with cheese and all that jazz .. Tried it and it was horrible but I love the N yeast sprinkled on stuff and got some coconut oil :) looking forward to using the AFR book :D

Hiya I have only been vegan a couple of weeks max and went from eating meat like you but most of my recipes appeared to be plant based and I love lentils, pulses etc so being a big cooker I am really loving it and it's just slotted into my life. Goodness direct was recommended to me as I wanted edamame (love them) got 3 bags but needed order 6 do bought some frys sausages and chicken burgers suppose when km after a quick fix they are good to have in :) not bothering with cheese and all that jazz .. Tried it and it was horrible but I love the N yeast sprinkled on stuff and got some coconut oil :) looking forward to using the AFR book :D

Goodness Direct sell fresh edamame?? I can only get it dried like a nut in Asda or in a prepacked salad which I think has a non vegan dressing. I love NY too, use it over pasta dishes instead of parmesan and in mash potato too. The Fry's sausages are better than Linda McCartney ones I think and my kids love the chicken nuggets!

frozen :) but still great :) shelled and unshelled think it was about £1.88 a bag! looking forward to making the edamame pesto, I made a spinach one the other day but think this would work great :) Im struggling to put the stuff through the sw calculator...not sure if I have done it right? sausages 0.5 for two, chicken burgers free lol and hotdog sausages 5.5 for two ...Mmmm think I have gone wrong somewhere lol

Goodness Direct sell fresh edamame?? I can only get it dried like a nut in Asda or in a prepacked salad which I think has a non vegan dressing. I love NY too, use it over pasta dishes instead of parmesan and in mash potato too. The Fry's sausages are better than Linda McCartney ones I think and my kids love the chicken nuggets!

Tesco do frozen edamame, Ive bought it from them before :)

ermintrude said:
Tesco do frozen edamame, Ive bought it from them before :)

Not my tesco (and it's a tesco extra) although it's in the Yorkshire countryside in the middle of a army garrison! They still don't even stock mint mullers lol

frozen :) but still great :) shelled and unshelled think it was about £1.88 a bag! looking forward to making the edamame pesto, I made a spinach one the other day but think this would work great :) Im struggling to put the stuff through the sw calculator...not sure if I have done it right? sausages 0.5 for two, chicken burgers free lol and hotdog sausages 5.5 for two ...Mmmm think I have gone wrong somewhere lol

I tried to calculate Linda McCartney sausages and Fry's sausages using SW calculator and couldnt do it. I think I've put 1½ syns per sausage on my diary. If only the chicken burgers were free lol :bliss:

First week done and dusted with 3lb gone forever! Was hoping for more but I guess I'll have to find something else on HExB to replace all of the bread I've eaten.

Here is today's food:

Breakfast: melon, blueberries, banana, 75ml soya yoghurt (2syns)

Lunch: nothing as I was out shopping for prom stuff with my daughter - plenty of walking tho!

Dinner: Pasta con Brocollie (AFR book) - wholemeal linguine, brocolli, white wine for cooking, garlic, thyme (didn't count the wine as it all evaporates - not sure if I've done this right tho)

Id count the wine...it evaparates down my throat but I still have to ;) lol ..unless it was a splash?

Wooooo hooooo well done on the loss thats fabulous :) :banana dancer:

The alcohol ie ethanol (partly) evaporates but the sugars don't. Wine is only 10-12% alcohol, the rest is water & sugars etc that allow the fermentation process. Most of the calories will remain even if ALL the alcohol did evaporate (which it doesn't) so you still have to syn it, sorry :(

PS some good info here and here

The alcohol ie ethanol (partly) evaporates but the sugars don't. Wine is only 10-12% alcohol, the rest is water & sugars etc that allow the fermentation process. Most of the calories will remain even if ALL the alcohol did evaporate (which it doesn't) so you still have to syn it, sorry :(

PS some good info here and here

Thanks for the info - I'll have to work out the syn value now and start counting it - boooo! I'm actually loathe to use wine as I'm not too sure on the fermentation process - I'm not a wine drinker and only buy the single measure bottles from Asda just for that one recipe. May have to find an alternative.

Determined to go without bread this week to see if makes any difference. Food consumed today is:

Breakfast: banana, blueberries, melon, soya yoghurt (1½ syns), 250ml rice milk (HExA)

Lunch: forgot to eat anything!

Dinner: Veg Korma - cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, onion, peas, chickpeas, light coconut milk (4syns) - served with brown basmati rice

1 pink panther biscuit (2syns) 1 nice biscuit (2syns)

Daughter's prom tomorrow so may be too busy to eat anything at all :doh:

Finally caught up with you! :D Nice work on the loss :D :D

Still trying to work out how this forum works! Not sure that I can subscribe to anyone until I have 50 posts - then I can follow you all :happy036:

The easiest way to get 50 posts is to go into the chit chat forum

Chit Chat

and do some of the easy game things on there - you can get posts up in no time.

You can subscribe to anybodys postings on diaries etc without having 50 posts - that is what you need to send private messages etc.

The easiest way to get 50 posts is to go into the chit chat forum

Chit Chat

and do some of the easy game things on there - you can get posts up in no time.

You can subscribe to anybodys postings on diaries etc without having 50 posts - that is what you need to send private messages etc.

not all diarys, mine requires you have 500 .... :)

not all diarys, mine requires you have 500 .... :)

Meant the ordinary dairies on this forum - had forgotten about the others as I don't really read those. Will have to look at yours :D

I wanted to read someones Silver diary once so I did the post counts on there in a few days.

You already commented on mine so you should be subscribed. With regards to the wine most isn't vegan, if you want an easy option hit the Co-Op's own brand - all labelled. If you want lists of vegan suitable supermarket ones let me know. With you not being a wine drinker thought the Co-Op was the easiest option for you. x

You already commented on mine so you should be subscribed. With regards to the wine most isn't vegan, if you want an easy option hit the Co-Op's own brand - all labelled. If you want lists of vegan suitable supermarket ones let me know. With you not being a wine drinker thought the Co-Op was the easiest option for you. x
I thought the wine was a bit iffy - we have a co-op at the top of our road which is really handy. I love how they clearly label all of their stuff if its suitable for vegans and their own brand household stuff is vegan approved too! Pity all supermarkets weren't that good.

I've got a copy of the animal free shopper so I'll have a look in there for vegan wine

Back