KD My Mum Needs Your Help Please...

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
Hi KD I really hope you see this, my Mum is doing Cambridge Sole Source, and is into her second week, but she's still not in ketosis. She's hungry and has no energy. She doesn't feel cold or have any of the other signs of ketosis either. She's done a couple of Ketostix but like me she doesn't put much stock in them at the best of times, so she wasn't surprised when they've been negative.

Is it possible for her NOT to be in ketosis after almost 2 weeks? She hasn't cheated at all and has been having all her shakes and water each day? She's on the verge of giving up because she had a small loss last week and this week she thinks she might stay the same? I know she's not cheating because she can't really afford to do the diet so she's not going to waste her money by cheating.

I want her to succeed at this diet because it worked so well for her in the past. Any help or advice is greatfully accepted, because I don't want Mum to feel as low as I have over this diet in the past few months.

Thank you xxx

Surf I'd pm her. She might not see this.

As far as I can see there should be no reason as to why this is happening. Is she having any flavoured water, chewing gum, diet coke? These might contain citric acid. Just to double check. Also get your mum to talk to her CDC.

Back