Keeping me focused - Tarks food diary

tarka

Ever since I started SW I've been umming and ahhing about whether I'd be better off doing a vlcd instead. I'm impatient and want to see faster results than I am doing! But then I look at it the other way and know that I couldn't live on a starvation diet (which is essentially what a vlcd is) and I love eating too much (plus I'm worried about saggy skin!). SW does allow me to eat pretty much whatever I want to and I know that at the end of the day that is important to me.

June was really slow for me had 1 week of STS and before weigh in last night I'd lost a grand total of 3lbs in 4 weeks and was all set to either STS or have put on and was planning to go home and just eat anything. Somehow though the scales said I lost 2lbs! In the end I did eat loads but it was within reason and worked out it was only a few syns worth! So although I feel it was slow and looking ahead I should reach my mini target of having lost 3 stone by october I know that I'm doing it by eating what I'd usually eat anyway.

This week coming is going to be haaaard - 2 meals out this weekend and I'll be astonished if I can manage to STS but going to try and be as good as possible.

Anyway, this is a new start. I'm going to try and keep a food diary & most importantly actually update it!! Wish me luck :D

Last edited:
Monday 28th June (green)

Porridge made with milk & chopped banana (HEXB + 150ml HEXA milk)
Apple
1/3 pack savory rice with chopped pepper & tomatoes & sliced quorn fillet pieces + 2tbsp fat free dressing (1syn)
Banana
Loaded omlette with sliced potato, cheese(HEXA +a bit extra(3syns)), 2xquorn sausages (1/2syn each = 1syn), mushrooms.
Bowl of pineapple & a few strawberries
HiFi bar

3xlarge glasses water
2xlarge glass diet 7up
3xcups of tea using the remaining 100ml milk from my HEXA.

Total syns:5

Weigh day, had considered having a blow out but after the positive WI I went for something yummy but filling :)

Tuesday 29th (green)

FF activia yog
Banana & Options hazelnut hot choc (1.5syns)
1/3 pack savory rice with chopped pepper & tomatoes & sliced quorn fillet pieces + 2tbsp fat free dressing (1syn)
Large Starbucks caramel light frappachino (7syns +2nd HEXA milk allowance) :rolleyes:oops:rolleyes:
Apple
Pineapple
Quorn fillet & veggie curry with brown rice. (Onion, carrots, corguette, mushrooms, 3xtbsp Pataks korma curry paste 2xtsp cornflour) (9.5syns for the whole thing, but made 4 portions worth)2.5syns per portion
FF activia yog

1xcup tea
(at least)2x large glasses of water
2xlarge glasses Coke Zero

Total syns: 10

Trying to keep tabs on what I drink as I don't think I get enough fluids sometimes. It's worse when I'm not at work as I have a glass next to me on my work which I don't do at home cos the cat just drinks out of it instead :wave_cry:

Wednesday 30th June (Extra Easy)

Porridge made with milk & chopped banana (HEXB + 150ml HEXA milk) - I'm a creature of habit and have the same every morning on weekdays!
apple
Pasta bolog (contained tinned toms, pepper, onion, mushrooms) with 14g worth grated parmasan (3syns).
Skinny Cow mint choc lolly (3 syns)
Pineapple

2 large glass water
1xcup tea
600ml bottle diet7up
1 large glass squash

Total syns: 7

Last edited:
Good Luck Tarka, I started my diary last night as I'm new to site - i'm hoping it will keep me on track too.

Like you I usually have the same brekky Bacon and Eggs etc (I keep a few chickens so have loads of eggs!), but today decided i needed a change so had fruit and LF yoghurt and a tiny drizzle of hunny.

I feel a bit strange giving advice (so won't yet) as I'm still feeling my way around and haven't ventured off extra easy yet - but any loss is a good loss - keep going.

I feel a bit strange giving advice (so won't yet) as I'm still feeling my way around and haven't ventured off extra easy yet - but any loss is a good loss - keep going.

It took me a few weeks to consider doing green days but when I discovered quorn & that fibre+ bars are a HEXB I've done maybe half and half with EE. Not sure whether I can be faffed with red days to be honest as I like to have something carby for lunch at work (pasta, rice or cous cous). Maybe when I'm off work sometime I'll have a go with red.
Definately get used to what you're doing with EE first before venturing off on the other plans though :D

Thursday 1st July (green)

Left over Quorn fillet & veggie curry with brown rice from Tuesday. (2.5 syns)
Caramel frijj milkshake thingie (18syns)
Omlette with quorn sausage, cherry toms and cheese (HEXA) (1.5syns)

1x large glass water
2or3x large glass 7up
1x large glass squash
1.5 cups tea

Total syns 22 (oopsie)

Had a cracking headache yesterday, came home from work & spent most of the afternoon asleep hence no snacking and no fruit.
Quite a bit over on syns today due to the milkshake but they balance up over the week I guess.

Been a little slack at updating for a few days, and to be honest I've had to think hard about what I ate Friday/Sat/Sunday but here goes:

Friday (EE)
Porridge & banana (HEXA+B)
Left over pasta bolog from wednesday
Some fruit that I can't remember
Meal out - brushetta (loads of cherry toms & onion) & lasagne (scraped off most of the extra cheese from the top). Wanted a salad but there was nothing like that on the menu (grr).

Saturday (EE)
Involved another birthday meal out with OH and his parents - Had Terryake chicken & rice. Was glad I managed to avoid the chips
Think I had the last of the leftover quorn curry for supper (2 syns)

Sunday (Green)
Cheesy scrambled egg with quorn sausage on toast (HEXA+B)
Birthday cake (oops) - about 15 syns worth
Spicey rice with pepper & tomatoes with cajan spiced chicken (HEXB)
Pineapple

Monday 5th July (EE)
Hazelnut options (1.5 syn)
Rice salad with quorn pieces + 2tbs dressing (1 syn)
Half a punnet of cherrys + 1 nectarine
Pesto pasta + cherry tomatoes + a couple of sausages (13 syns)
Pineapple

Total syns: 15.5

2 x large glasses water
cuppa
2 x large glass diet sprite

Weigh day on Monday evening, I put 1/2 lb on which to be honest I can't complain about. 2 meals out over the weekend and birthday cake do that. I'm surprised I didn't put more on and hope that it doesn't effect next weeks loss too. I bought a 6 week countdown today to try and keep me focused and have a reason to keep going. Total weightlost since the end of April is now 18lbs and my club10 and 1.5 stone are now within reach.

Tuesday 8th July (green)
2xchoc biccies that were being passed round the office (8 syns)
Pesto pasta (allowed HEXA+6 syns)
Apple
fibre+ bar (HEXB)
Quorn & veggie stir fry with noodles
strawberries

Total syns 14

2 x large glass water
600ml bottle pepsi max
large cuppa
1xlarge glass diet sprite

Being very careful to log everything and count syns carefully for the rest of the week. Normally I would've accidentally "forgotten" the biccies. Here's to being 100%!!

Wednesday 7th July
FF yog
banana
Lunch left over stir fry from last night
2 nectarines
handful of cherries
8 mikados (4 syns)
cheesy omlette with mushrooms & quorn sausages
3 x tbsp ff vanila yog with raspberries

Total syns: 4

3x large glass water
2x cuppas
1x large glass diet sprite

Looking over the above I seemed to eat loads! I'm cutting way down on carbs for the rest of the week to see if it can help me get back on track.

Last edited:
Thursday 7th July (green)

apple
ff yog
loads of roasted quorn fillet pieces (1 syn)
raspberries
quorn fajita stuff (1 syn) with brown rice (inc tinned toms, pepper, onion & mushrooms) + portion of cheese (hexa).

Total syns: 2

3xlarge glasses water
600ml bottle pepsi max
1xcuppa
1/2 glass diet sprite

Still not drinking enough I don't think. Didn't snack much today or use many syns - wasn't deliberate. I also planned to have a hifi or fibre+ bar this evening but ended up doing stuff and forgot to have one if I'm being honest. Weird day though.

Hey there,

I just have to comment and say that i think ur little comments on the bottom are absolutely hilarious!! Especially the one about the cat!! Liked ur use of rice too as im a bit funny about eating it at times so i might try that this week as im starting SW tomorrow and going hell for leather at it as i nearly died when i stood on the scales tonight at the class. Keep it up!!

xx

Friday 9th July (green)

Different breakfast for a change: FF vanilla yog, pineapple and 28g cereal. Quite enjoyed this really :)
More pineapple
Large Starbucks caramel light frappachino (7syns +2nd HEXA milk allowance)
1x veggie sausage thing (unsure of syns - allowing 2) + salad
Left over mexican quorn from last night + brown rice (1/2 syn)
6x micados (3 syns)
more pineapple

Total Syns: 12.5

2x glass large water
1x can diet coke
1xcup tea (not all of it as I caught the cat drinking it :eek:)

I think I might turn into a pineapple this weekend! Still got loads left after I bought a couple of bargain pineapples off the market for 75p for 2 the other day. OH said his dad got gout from eating too much pineapple so he's got me wondering now!
Still not drinking enough :mad:, especially with the weather bieng so hot. I had a tummy rumble all evening due to being dehydrated.

Saturday 11th July (EE)

FF vanilla yog, pineapple and 28g cereal (hexB)
Mugshot
Apple
Large Starbucks caramel light frappachino (7syns +HEXA milk allowance) (2 in a week oopsie :))
Roast pork, mash, broccoli, carrots, syn free gravy made with stock and blizzed up onion (+1 syn for some mustard to make it taste a little better)
Pineapple :D

Total syns: 8

4/5 large glasses pop/water/squash - I forget exactly how many
1x large cup tea

Last edited:
Sunday 11th July (RED)

FF vanilla yog, pineapple and 28g cereal (hexB)
Banana
Fibre+ bar (hexB) + options hot choc (2 syns)
2xboiled eggs, big handful of cherry tomatos & half a pepper
Picked at left overs of roast pork from last night
Spannish chicken (chicken, onion, pepper, tinned toms) + brown rice (3syns)
Del monte smoothie icelolly (5 syns)

Total syns: 10

2 or 3 x large glasses diet sprite
1x large glass pepsi max
1 x cuppa

Trying out my first red day today - ever! Not being able to snack on something carby is prooving tricky so far but I'm getting there. Ran out of eggs otherwise I'd have had a quorn sausage omlette at lunch which I know would've kept me going for the afternoon! Planning to have spanish chicken for tea and will syn a spoonful of brown rice to go with it. No idea yet how to get my hexa for the day.

Tomorrow marks 12 weeks since I first went along to SW and I've lost about 19bs so far. Looking forward to getting to the 1.5 stone award and over this hump I've been at for the last month or so. Still got 4.5 stone to go, feels like an impossible task at the moment.

Last edited:
Monday 12th July (Green)

Usual porridge & banana (hex a+b)
apple
nectarine
peppers, cherry tomatoes, 2xboiled eggs
Strawberry hi-fi bar (hexb)
Picked at quorn pieces & another boiled egg
bit of chocolate (2 syns)
Cheesy (hexa) quorn sausage (1.5 syns)omlette & chips for tea + ketchup (3 syns).

Total syns: 6.5

4xlarge glasses water
2xlarge cup tea
1.5x large glass pepsi max

Last edited:
Weigh day today - 2.5lbs off! I'm only 1/2 lb off my 1.5 stone award and 2.5lb off club10%- finally!! Drank loads today, trying to keep that up all week and see if it helps much or not :)

Tuesday 13th (Extra Easy)

porridge & banana (hex a+b)
FF yog
Maltesers bunny thing (5 syns?)
Spannish chicken & rice (from sunday) 1syn
Pineapple
Strawberries
Nectarine
Beef curry (stewing beef + onions, tinned toms, carrots, green & red pepper) 2 syns for the curry paste.

Total syns: 8

3/4x large glasses water
cup tea
1xlarge glass pepsi max

Wednesday 14th (green)

porridge & banana (hex a+b)
caramel + pecan cupcake (15 syns!!! but it was yuuuuuum)
rice + pepper +cherry tomatoes + quorn fillet pieces + 2tbsp ff dressing (1 syn)
banana
nectarine
quorn sausages + cheesy mash (hexa) + broccoli & carrots + 2 syns of ketchup
FF yog + raspberries + 28g cereal (hexb)

Total syns: 17

3x large glasses water
2x cups of tea
2x large glasses pepsi max

Hopeing that the cupcake won't impeed my loss for the week!

Back