Keeping Myself On Track!!

blonde_bimbo

I hope I'm doing this right!!

I see lots of other people use the online food diaries and thought for myself it's a way of keeping myself going throughout the week!! So many times have I started a food diary for myself and got to day 2 and given up, hopefully with regular postings and encouragement from others online I can beat the battle of the bulge!!

So I guess I should start with what I've eaten today!

Green Plan

Breakfast
35g porridge oats (HexB)
200ml semi skimmed milk (HexA)

Mid morning snack
2 slices wholemeal bread 400g loaf (HexB)
4 slices Quorn chicken style slices
25g Primula light (2syns)

Lunch
Cherry tomato and pasta salad - Salad leaves, cherry toms, spring onions, pasta
Tiger Tiger green salad dressing 1.5tbsp (1.5syns)

Dinner
Homemade spicy Quorn burgers, couscous, side salad

Pud
Chocolate pudding made with Tofu and cocoa (2syns) topped with Total 0% yog mixed with
White choc options (2syns)

Total syns today - 7.5

Well after a disastrous Weigh In Thursday night with a 3lb gain I was straight back on plan Friday morning!! Signed off from work at the moment and unable to get around due to a knee injury I've had a lot of time to read various threads on here and found one about green tea so I'm challenging myself to drink a cup of green tea with each meal this week!!

So my food diary for Friday is as follows, on Extra Easy plan

Breakfast
3 poached eggs
Apple
1 cup green tea

Lunch
Lean ham
Jacket potato
Salad - lettuce, spring onion, carrot, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers
75g Light Philly (HexA)
2 tbsp Ex Light Mayo (1syn)
1 cup green tea

Snack
Chopped banana
Vanilla muller yoghurt
1 blue ribband crushed and sprinkled on top (5syns)

Dinner
Homemade Lamb Biryani - lamb, rice, spices, stock, onion, green beans, carrot
1 cup green tea

Pud
Chocolate Tofu Pud (2syns)
1 meringue nest (3syns)

Total syns today - 11

A successful Saturday, very proud of myself as usually this is the day where it all goes wrong for me!!

Green Plan

Breakfast
35g plain porridge oats (HexB)
200ml semi skimmed milk (HexA) The rest of allowance used in coffee today
1 apple
1 cup green tea

Lunch
Salad - lettuce, spring onion, tomatoes, cucumber, cress, carrot, radish
3 Quorn sausages
2 tbsp Asda BGTY Honey & Mustard dressing (1syn)
Cider Vinegar
1 cup green tea

Snack
25g Primula Light (2syns)
Vegemite
Banana

Dinner
2 roasted peppers stuffed with quark, basil and cherry tomatoes
15g Grated hard cheese (3.5syns)
Batchelors golden rice

Pud
Melon, dragon fruit, banana, kiwi
Total 0% yoghurt
White Choc options (2syns)

Latte
250ml semi skimmed milk (HexA)
Coffee
Hazelnut syrup (4syns)

Total Syns today 12.5

A successful Saturday, very proud of myself as usually this is the day where it all goes wrong for me!!

Green Plan

Breakfast
35g plain porridge oats (HexB)
200ml semi skimmed milk (HexA) The rest of allowance used in coffee today
1 apple
1 cup green tea

Lunch
Salad - lettuce, spring onion, tomatoes, cucumber, cress, carrot, radish
3 Quorn sausages
2 tbsp Asda BGTY Honey & Mustard dressing (1syn)
Cider Vinegar
1 cup green tea

Snack
25g Primula Light (2syns)
Vegemite
Banana

Dinner
2 roasted peppers stuffed with quark, basil and cherry tomatoes
15g Grated hard cheese (3.5syns)
Batchelors golden rice

Pud
Melon, dragon fruit, banana, kiwi
Total 0% yoghurt
White Choc options (2syns)

Latte
250ml semi skimmed milk (HexA)
Coffee
Hazelnut syrup (4syns)

Total syns today 12.5

Last edited:
Thanks for your encouragement Liz, it's means a lot to know that I'm not on my own with the weekend difficulties and I guess that's why so many people use this site!! It's a great pick me up when you're a bit stuck for ideas or just need somewhere to vent frustration!!

Looks like you're doing amazingly well!! Have you got a food diary on here too?

Mel xx

The smell of beef stew in the slow cooker is driving me crazy and the OH is ironing his clothes for work tomorrow therefore I have to wait to eat!!! So something to occupy myself.....reading yet more posts on here and other peoples food diarys!! I find them more and more fascinating the more I read!! I realise I am not alone in the daily struggle with trying to keep on plan and that there is a wealth of experience and knowledge out there to help!!!

So food diary so far today and I will update later!!

Extra Easy Plan

Brunch
2 Morrisons Eat Smart Diet sausages
3 pieces bacon (fat removed) - this is not something I normally do so extra chuffed!!!
small potato pieces "fried" in frylight
2 poached eggs
mushrooms, tomatoes, beans
1 tbsp brown sauce (1syn)
1 cup green tea

Numerous cups coffee with milk (HexA)

Snack
Fat Free WW strawberry yoghurt
Tomato & Herb Pot Shot
1 cup green tea

Dinner
Beef Stew - beef, potato, carrot, swede, onion, tinned tomatoes, beef stock thickened with cornflour (2syns) (8syns for whole stew)
2 dumplings (8syns)

Total syns for today 11

Last edited:
Pretty quiet day today but still sticking to plan and very much enjoying having time to vary meals and cook new stuff!!

Green Plan

Breakfast
Quark
Banana
1tbsp Golden Syrup (2syns)
Cup green tea

Lunch
Salad - lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion
Chickpea Dahl Loaf (found in a thread in recipe section)
45g reduced fat cheddar (HexA)
2 tbsp Ex Light Mayo (1syn)
Cup green tea

Dinner
Tomato & Cheese Macaroni - macaroni, tomatoes, passata, chives, egg, natural yoghurt
75g Light Philly Garlic & Herb (HexB)
1 tsp mustard (0.5syns)
Salad
2 tbsp Tiger Tiger green salad dressing (2syns)

Last edited:
I loved it.....its definitely going to become one of my firm faves!!! My partner was very impressed too.....he went straight for the "curry cake" as he called it when he came home from work!! Theres hardly any left now!!!

Here goes for todays diary

Green Plan

Breakfast
Dragon Fruit, Melon, WW Lemon yoghurt
cup green tea

Lunch
Chickpea Dahl loaf
2 slices wholemeal bread 400g (HexB)
Laughing Cow Triangles Ex Light x 2 (HexA) 4 saved for later
Vegemite
1 packet walkers baked cheese & onion (5syns)
cup green tea

Dinner
Singapore Noodles - quorn mince, dried egg noodles, spring onions, pak choi, mangetout, beansprouts, chilli, garlic, light soy
1 tbsp sake (2syns)
1.5 tbsp hoisin sauce (2.5syns)

Your menus are delicious! Does it take you very long to make stuff?

Your menus are delicious! Does it take you very long to make stuff?

Hi there,

Glad you like the look of my diary!!! It depends really about how long I spend cooking, I love cooking so I do try to spend as much time in the kitchen as I can but work sometimes doesnt allow that!!! Normally I tend to batch cook stuff on my days off and freeze portions so I've got my own "ready meals" during the week!! I favour quick things during the week and recipes like the macaroni cheese, singapore noodles all took less than half an hour to do!!! And I ustilise the slow cooker a lot during the winter for stews, chilli, spag bol and soups!!! I just chop everything up the night before and add meat in the morning, switch it on before work and when I get home its like Ive had my own personal chef slaving away for me!!

Mel x

Another day another diary

Extra Easy Plan

Breakfast
2 Weetabix (HexB)
200ml Semi skimmed milk (HexA) 50ml remainder in coffees
Cup green tea

Lunch
Beef stew (leftovers from Sunday) (2syns)
Cup green tea

Dinner
Iceland salmon portion with garlic & herbs (4syns)
Rice
Carrot & swede mash
Peas

I only discovered the syn value of the salmon after eating it....was delicious but I'm slightly gutted I wasted 4 syns on something I could have made myself!! Oh well, they won't be on the shopping list in future!!

Hi,

Just been reading our diary, your food sounds so scrummy. Your doing really well. :)

Im sure those 3lbs will be off in no time.

x

Hi,

Just been reading our diary, your food sounds so scrummy. Your doing really well. :)

Im sure those 3lbs will be off in no time.

x

Thanks!! Im really enjoying being on plan this week which I think is a massive part of doing well!! Ive been on so many diets where I've got bored of the food I'm eating and not had much variety so I hope I do have a good weight loss tomorrow!!
You're doing so well.....are you going to group or are you doing it on your own? xx

Today's food diary is a bit hit and miss really......I have a bit of an eating phobia on weigh in day in case what i put in my mouth tips the scales too far!!! Totally stupid I know but my brain does not function well when worrying about stepping on the dreaded scales.

Green Plan

Breakfast
35g Porridge Oats (HexB)
200ml Semi skimmed milk (HexA)
Had to have this after trying to cook magic porridge pancakes.....they were a total disaster!!!
Ran out of green tea!!!

Snack
3 fig rolls (10.5syns)

Lunch
Quorn chicken pieces
2 small tins of curry Beanz (2syns)
45g low fat cheddar (HexA)

Snack
1 peanut Hifi bar (6syns)
2 choc & caramel HiFi (6syns)
All in the car on the way home from weigh in.....what a piggy!!!

Takeaway for tea tonight!! Going to have chinese for a change (always have Indian).....my partner isnt a mad fan but will eat Chinese curry!!!
Already had my syn allowance today but after Weigh In always allow myself to have whatever I want for evening meal!!

Lost 2.5lbs at Weigh In :eek:

So, no food diary for a couple days!! I am away on a girly weekend in a cottage with friends and have not stuck to plan Fri, Sat and today!!
I have eaten a years supply of crisps and chocolate and enough birthday cake to feed a small army!! Straight back on plan tomorrow as going home in the morning!! The pans will be out to make some delicious soups for the rest of the week!! Must try extra hard for the rest of the weekend until weigh in to limit the damage!! It will be a miracle and I will be over the moon if I stay the same this week!!

blonde_bimbo said:
Thanks!! Im really enjoying being on plan this week which I think is a massive part of doing well!! Ive been on so many diets where I've got bored of the food I'm eating and not had much variety so I hope I do have a good weight loss tomorrow!!
You're doing so well.....are you going to group or are you doing it on your own? xx

Sorry for the late reply. Just catching up with everyone on my way to work. Thank you. Doing it on my own. Scales permently in the same spot it the bathroom. Lol. Surprised I have lasted this long really as it's the first diet I've tried. Hope you have a good day x

Back