Kelly's Weight Loss Voyage

hmmm love those caramel snack a jacks!

Tuesdays food:

B: 2 choc wheetabix and a glass of orange juice

S: Pink and white marshmallow wafer

L: 2 Be good to yourself chicken and stuffing slices, on 50/50 bread with a bit of cranberry sauce and light cream cheese. Activia, grapes and strawberrys and 1 harvest morn cereal barl.

D: Pasta with WW crème fresche, onions, peppers and 2 turkey bacon slices (cut up).
S: Go ahead raspberry and yoghurt break

Tomorrow is my WI at the docs. I'm getting a bit nervous.

Kelly there is a really big difference between your two pictures - well done!

Good luck with your dr's weigh in.

im sure you will be fine with your Dr app tomorrow!!!!

you are doing really well with the food front...
how are you feeling about it all? are you enjoying it?

im sure you will be fine with your Dr app tomorrow!!!!

you are doing really well with the food front...
how are you feeling about it all? are you enjoying it?

Thank you!

Yeah I feel I'm doing well with my food... I'm not cheating. I know it's still early days but I do feel very positive and I am enjoying what I'm eating. I don't seem to be terribly hungry between meals and WW puddings satisfy my sweet tooth.

I seem to have a very different mind set since starting my Xenical journey. Normally on diets I can't really see an end in sight, and I guess I doubt whether or not I can actually do it... and subsequently have always failed.

When I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries a few months ago, something inside me clicked.
At first I was angry that it hadn't been detected before but I now know the reason why I have struggled for so long with my weight. When spending 6+ hours in the gym a week along with a diet and still not loosing, I now know that it wasn't my direct fault.

But aswell as this, I know that polycystic ovaries can cause infertility, and if I do something about it now (loosing weight is the best thing I can do), I might stand a chance of starting a family in the future.

Since taking my first Xenical I know that I can and WILL do this, it feels like it's now or never in a way. I know that it is possible and what seems effortless at the minute, I can loose weight steadily whilst also learning to eat more healthy.

xxxxx

ahhh my drs thought i had it... sent me for scans and the lady doing the scans said she doesnt know. so they are just going to call it suspected pcos.....
so i may or may not have it, just need to keep going back for bloods and scans etc... as the bloods came back both times (had some done in 06 and last year) fine.... so i dont know...
it would explain a lot.. esp with how i have been most of my life...

i never used to have regular monthly visits. but now its like clock work (good in one respect but a blooming pain in another!!!)

I have had problems all my life too but it's become really noticeable in the last few years.

For around 3 years I was taking a contraceptive pill called Cerezette, which works by tricking your body into thinking you're pregnant - therefore you don't release eggs and as a result don't have a period. Sounds scary but it's safe (apparently). Due to my ever increasing weight and struggle with loosing it, I asked my doc back in January/February this year if I could change incase that it what was making me struggle more than ever with my weight.
I changed to a pill called Yasmin, which you are supposed to have periods on. 6 months after stopping Cerezette I still was yet to have a period - which is when I went back to the docs. She said she thought I had PCOS and sent me for blood tests and scans.
I had an internal scan (they put a probe thing inside of me).
I also have random hairs on my chin and around my belly button, which my b/f kindly plucks out for me. :)
They do say that irregular periods (or non existent) are a big sign of PCOS.

After loosing my first stone I got my first period in over 3 years. :D

Funnily enough I've never had irregular periods (well not that you could set you watch by them and they can vary for up to 7 days but without fail I get one). I actually had a (water filled) ovarian cyst which I had to have an operation to remove it (and the ovary and the fallopian tube). Even that didn't disrupt my cycle.

In fact I can only remember skipping a totm once.

I have had problems all my life too but it's become really noticeable in the last few years.

For around 3 years I was taking a contracepotive pill called Cerezette, which works by tricking your body into thinking you're pregnant - therefore you don't release eggs and as a result don't have a period. Sounds scary but it's safe (apparently). Due to my ever increasing weight and struggle with loosing it, I asked my doc back in January/February this year if I could change incase that it what was making me struggle more than ever with my weight.
I changed to a pill called Yasmin, which you are supposed to have periods on. 6 months after stopping Cerezette I still was yet to have a period - which is when I went back to the docs. She said she thought I had PCOS and sent me for blood tests and scans.
I had an internal scan (they put a probe thing inside of me).
I also have random hairs on my chin and around my belly button, which my b/f kindly plucks out for me. :)
They do say that irregular periods (or non existent) are a big sign of PCOS.

After loosing my first stone I got my first period in over 3 years. :D

I could have written all of that... apart from the name of the first pill, I had something the same but in aus its called something different, then they put me on yasmin here in the UK..
I only had an ultrasound, not the internal...

My periods have been really good since losing weight.
I hope yours do too...

Did you know that there are certain foods that you can't have if you have pcos... I don't know what they are but want to know. So if you find out.. let me know:)

I've been looking on the net for these foods but can't find it. I've read though that white bread and rice aren't good.

I had my weigh in tonight and it was a bit disappointing.
My doc has moved rooms and has also got new scales and these new ones show my weight different. (I was 119 kg on the old ones and 119kg on these ones today, when I know for a fact I've lost 5lbs (plus the 7lb holiday gain).
So I have adjusted my weights on my ticker and I am going to go by my scales now.

:(

Grrrr, that really is annoying Kelly. I remember once going to the doctors and weighing at least 5lbs more than I should've done. The nurse looked really pityingly at me when I insisted that I'd lost weight, but she was having none of it.
Anyway, I went home that night and pigged out because I felt so crap, only to find out the next time I went that the scales had been broken and needed to be re-calibrated!

It just shows what an effect those bloody doctors scales can have, even when you KNOW you've lost weight!
Stick to your own scales from now on (as long as they're accurate!). I did that long ago, and now I only think of the doctors scales as a vague indication of how I'm doing.

Chin up! You're doing great....and by the way, those pictures you posted the other day were fab! Such a difference Kelly! :D
x

yes. i would go by your own, at least you can have some idea how you are going with them...
also my drs scales are slightly different to mine... (i have two scales, and sometimes compare them to each other.... and they are always exactly 1lb different between them. so i know that they are going to be fairly right each week...

hopefully next time the scales will be on your side :)

I have 2 sets of scales..i got a new set a few weeks ago from argos, theyre salter make and theyre digital,im the only that uses those and i always weight in the nude in the same spot...

stick to your own hun!! youre doing great! :)

Hi guys,

I've lost 3lb this week. Which makes me still on target for loosing 2 stone by Christmas (if I loose 2lb a week on average with 11 weeks to go!!).

Fridays food:

B: Go ahead slice, banana
S: Activia
L: Jacket potato with WW beans, harvest morn cereal bar
S: Pink and white marshmellow wafer
D: Pizza express light pizza (that was around 440 calories and i think 8g of fat for the whole thing so not too bad) and a few mccain oven chips. Activia for pudding.

hmmmm pizza

how is your weekend going..

and well done on your 3lbs!

I did something really naughty tonight. I went to GBK (gormet burger kitchen) for dinner. It was classed as a treat.... and to be honest I don't feel too guilty as I had the smaller size burger.

The rest of Saturday was okay though:

B: 2 choc wheetabix and a glass of orange juice
L: Rice pudding
D: GBK small BBQ burger with a few chips and onion rings

I then went to the cinema after but didn't have any of the popcorn, sweets or ben and jerry's I'd normally have... just shared a diet pepsi with my boyfriend. :)

I went to see The Town, I enjoyed it. :)

So here's my line drawing for Saturday as I guess I should allow myself treats now and then as otherwise I'd soon start to resent this new lifestyle if I denied myself of everything I liked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Goodnight folks xxxxxxxxx

night!

Back