Kelpie's Diary

If you’re wanting to do man plan due to BMI but want to keep the benefits of ketosis, I’d definitely go the two or three boiled egg route. I do this in training days and the results were better than when I added a fourth product. :)

Hope it's going well with your 600 if that's what you've decided to do, Alecto. You must be nearly through the 'bleh' stage by now?

I DID weigh in on Friday... but for some reason my posts on this thread have to sit and wait for moderation, so I think it kinda got lost. I offended a person or an algorithm. Apologies, AI overlords.

Still going well. Went on a massive hike with friends yesterday, and felt great (although I've caught the sun across my face despite factor 50 because I'm A Scottish). They had a celebratory wine-picnic at the top of the hill and I didn't feel like I was missing out. My Meal Replacement Meals arrived! I had the noodles for dinner last night, and for something that closely resembles my cat's puke, they were total heaven.

TOTM has broken me out of the habit of daily weighing (didn't go up, but I know I shouldn't look), so now I can happily wait for next Friday for a nice surprise. Now going to enjoy the heatwave in factor... more than 50.

I love the cat puke noodles! I think the fact the meals semi resemble actual food a bit more than the bars or shakes really helps too. The other day I was a bit late making my diet-product spag bol and ... oh my God ... I fell on that gunge like it was ambrosia itself.

And congrats for staying on plan during the hike! Looking forward to seeing a nice drop on Friday :)

Using a FORK....it’s just so fancy.

That said, pasta carbonara just tasted like someone heated up a dentist’s chair. My animal brain is telling me that eating it was harmful. Never again.
Not had the carbonara but I will say away from that one - everyone seems to agree its terrible. The noodles are my favourite tho!
600cals seems to work perfectly fine physically it seems. It's just that psychological hunger that I think I need to be careful about.

Oh what a busy week... hope everyone is well. Looking forward to reading diaries later today and catching up.

Weigh-in for week 3 = 208.4lb.
3.8lb lost this week, and 14.8lb lost so far. Stone in three weeks? Yay.

I'm on holiday from work now. Busy day of calorie-burning ahead of me in the epic task of cleaning my house and vacuuming like a maniac.
Exante continues to be really easy. Chocolate shoes for breakfast, chocolate orange bar for lunch, then either sweet and sour noodles or chili or black bean beef for dinner. Excited about being under 200lb soon.

So very well done, Kelpie! 3.8lbs is massive and I cannot wait for you to be at the 1st stome mark! Cleaning can be satisfying especially when you see the results of a sparkly clean house. Guess its the same with weight loss - only that its a sparkly new you 😺
Exante does tend to get easier indeed. Do you have any savoury meal favourites?
Hope you have a lovely productive day :)

So very well done, Kelpie! 3.8lbs is massive and I cannot wait for you to be at the 1st stome mark! Cleaning can be satisfying especially when you see the results of a sparkly clean house. Guess its the same with weight loss - only that its a sparkly new you 😺
Exante does tend to get easier indeed. Do you have any savoury meal favourites?
Hope you have a lovely productive day :)

Thank you! House is way sparklier... I do find it very satisfying.
Enjoyed my day today - can’t sleep late when it’s this hot/light so got myself up at 5 and went for a 4-mike walk along wee country roads....will definitely sleep tonight.
I like the beef and black bean pot and the sweet and sour noodles most from the savoury meals - they’re really inoffensive and it’s just nice to EAT.

How are you doing today? Hope you’ve found some pleasant distractions.

Keeping on over here... not much to report! Had to go to dinner with some relatives, and had explained in advance I wasn't eating, but the whole 2-hour visit seemed to be daft questions ("Are you sure your water is LOW CALORIE enough for you?"), which was extremely boring. I just zoned out. My water was very nice.

Saw an older male friend today who I haven't seen for a bit, and gorblessim he wanted to say something nice but wasn't sure what was good.
"Have you been swimming?" (I was swimming a lot while I lost weight last time)
"Nope."
"Not at all? You like swimming. You should go swimming."
"I might go swimming."
"It seems like you've been swimming."
"Does it?"
"Yeah, a bit. Bit swimmy."

Adorable.

Where do you all lose weight first? I lose it off my face, which is fantastic and I love it, but I also lose my boobs. Which is fine, I would rather have less boobage, but ho boy, they're off a journey right now. To the south. I am googling cosmetic surgery and telling my cat to get a job so we can pay for it. (I figure just lose all the weight and see what happens to my body, but today I am panicking).

Keeping on over here... not much to report! Had to go to dinner with some relatives, and had explained in advance I wasn't eating, but the whole 2-hour visit seemed to be daft questions ("Are you sure your water is LOW CALORIE enough for you?"), which was extremely boring. I just zoned out. My water was very nice.

Saw an older male friend today who I haven't seen for a bit, and gorblessim he wanted to say something nice but wasn't sure what was good.
"Have you been swimming?" (I was swimming a lot while I lost weight last time)
"Nope."
"Not at all? You like swimming. You should go swimming."
"I might go swimming."
"It seems like you've been swimming."
"Does it?"
"Yeah, a bit. Bit swimmy."

Adorable.

Where do you all lose weight first? I lose it off my face, which is fantastic and I love it, but I also lose my boobs. Which is fine, I would rather have less boobage, but ho boy, they're off a journey right now. To the south. I am googling cosmetic surgery and telling my cat to get a job so we can pay for it. (I figure just lose all the weight and see what happens to my body, but today I am panicking).

You're doing so well, Kelpie! I'm really happy for you 😺!
I know what you're saying about family - I had a few reactions myself the other day (you don't like pepsi? What sort of person doesn't have gravy?? - to the latter i just said, i like it so much i used to bathe in it. And that was it). But im expecting more such things to come - if there's people i know fairly well from immediate family Ill just make some jokes or comment on their diet and get on with it. I need to know someone quite well to get into those thinga though as not everyone will take it lightheartedly.
For me it seems to be the same - face and boobs. Im worried about the latter tbh, like you. Pondering including some chest weights exercises with my dumbells at some point. Maybe some muscle to sustain them may work in the long run...?
But im seeing some movement on my belly now too which is nice.

Oh if only animals could pay their way and also contribute to non existent savings! Good luck with that Kelpie :D Are you seriously planning surgery? I’ll be starting mine in January assuming I can get his last stone or so off - right now I’m not convinced but I should give it time.

The stupid questions were beyond silly! Bet two hours was quite enough.

I think it’s all over for me. I put weight on all over and it seems to come off the same way. I can be over 100lbs overweight and have slim fingers, feet, ankles and wrists - quite odd.

Oh if only animals could pay their way and also contribute to non existent savings! Good luck with that Kelpie :D Are you seriously planning surgery? I’ll be starting mine in January assuming I can get his last stone or so off - right now I’m not convinced but I should give it time.

The stupid questions were beyond silly! Bet two hours was quite enough.

I think it’s all over for me. I put weight on all over and it seems to come off the same way. I can be over 100lbs overweight and have slim fingers, feet, ankles and wrists - quite odd.

I figure if he got some kind of TV gig as a cat-food advert, he could at least contribute a little? Heh... my cat is super-ugly, not at all photogenic. Also, currently standing on the back step with a mouse demanding to come in and feed me, so... not trainable. I guess I'll just have to be the breadwinner in this relationship. I adore him, though.

Yeah, I definitely have surgery in mind for the future - sorry if my last post sounded flippant! I know it's not for everyone, but if I work at this really hard and then am still dissatisfied, it makes sense to me. It's weirdly body-part dependent, too... like, I never had wondrous legs, even when I was tiny as a teenager, so I don't care what they do as I slim down. They'll just be my stumpy legs... But I always had nice shoulders/collar bones/chest when I was slender, and it'll bug me if I can't make some progress there. Never going to be 17 again but... yeah. January sounds like a really reasonable goal for the last stone and maintenance? I guess the last sprint is by far the hardest in terms of speed/progress though. Good luck and everything crossed - I'm excited for you!

My wrists change so much if I lose weight... I saw another friend the other day who asked if I'd lost anything, and my response was "Yeah, look at my wrists! Look at them!" Like I lost a stone off my wrists... does look that way!

You're doing so well kelpie! Well done on your loss. 2.2lb is normal weight loss within a week and bonus is you know for sure you're not puttint youe body in any danger while the pounds lost add up quickly. Next week or so the loss is going to be even larger! Your started off needing to get rid of aprx 70pounds. Now you only need to get rid of 53!! How cool is that! Little while to go and you'll be done in no time. Cheering for you! Onwards and downwards 😺

You're doing so well kelpie! Well done on your loss. 2.2lb is normal weight loss within a week and bonus is you know for sure you're not puttint youe body in any danger while the pounds lost add up quickly. Next week or so the loss is going to be even larger! Your started off needing to get rid of aprx 70pounds. Now you only need to get rid of 53!! How cool is that! Little while to go and you'll be done in no time. Cheering for you! Onwards and downwards 😺

Thank you for this awesome post - great perspective! I will just keep persevering x

Back