*** Kel's CD Support Group ***

the children still have lots of easter eggs left,i only really like them after they have been in the fridge,so have put them in the cupboard where i cant see them,hope fully they will be gobbled up shortly!
once im in ketosis,im not that bothered by food,apart from the dreaded totm,then im like a loony about chocolate!
im planning on cooking things i dont really like much for the rest of the week,then hopefully i will be in ketosis when its the weekend,so will be feeling stronger anyway.
i really want this to be the last time i do this,and i really feel that it will be.x

Hi Girls, great idea to start a group :D I am Sarah Lou and I am lucky enough to live in Devon with the beach just across the road. I went on my first diet when I was 16. In fact I was put on a diet. I went to see my GP for a bad throat. I was a competitive swimmer and a slim, very fit girl. For some reason she weighed me and on her BMI thingy I was too heavy. I didn't have an ounce of fat on me but she gave my Mum the diet sheet and I remember living off ryvita, tomatoes and lettuce. Before long it kicked me into the secret life of binge eating. I was never good enough to be a professional swimmer so as I got older I drifted away from it. I looked at the old photo's the other day and couldn't believe that I was so slim. But not in the GP's eyes. Despite the fact i swam twice a day six times a week, she insisted I did it. I guess in those day's what the Dr said was law.

In my thirties I lost five stone with SW and again when my ten year relationship ended. But over the years I have stayed single and the weight has gone on and on and on!! :eek:

I developed a serious illness two years ago and I have to manage that daily. I was able to return to work thankfully but by the end of the week I get pretty tired. I have been trying cd for a year but I have not managed to settle on the right plan. I do fluctuate from 810 to 1000. But now my medication seems to be doing it's job I am allowed to give ss+ a shot. It's only day 2 for me but that's the first two days in a long time.

I have a few mini goals. In six weeks I am going to see take that and then the end of June my best friend is 40 and unlike my own 40th I want to look nice amongst the skinny's. I would be happy to get to 11stone. So give or take I would
like to loose five stone.

I live alone and can't have children so this will be a great way of staying in touch with everyone and getting encouragement and support. I am still in contact with the ladies I have met on here before so friendships are made :)

My weighing in day is Thursday so it will be five day's for me. With my medication I do retain water so I have never ever had a major loss but to be honest I would be happy with anything. I have beautiful clothes hanging in the wardrobe that have never been worn so it's time I did and oh yes perhaps it will encourage me to get a social life. And my big goal is to get back to the swimming pool. Can't wait to see if I can still do my olympic turn in the water so I don't have to stop at each end. Ok that is a bit like showing off.. not like me at all :eek:

Good luck to all of us girlies xx

Hello everyone! My name is Xanthe and I'm 20 currently living in Leeds with my boyfriend (I'm originally from Sheffield and he's from Durham/Sunderland way) He is 21 and finishes his last year of uni this week!!!!! We have both been on CD since November (with much stopping and starting and cheating!!!) and I've lost 3 stone and he's lost around 4. I've still got 3 and a half stone to go until goal and he's got 2 to go.

I wasn't a chubby child and started putting the weight on in my teens. Put loads more on when I met my OH :( He's always been very active and was a very promising rugby player just before he started university, he had trials to play for county and everything! Unfortunately he got injured and thats when he started putting weight on too.

I always kick myself for coming off CD at Xmas because I've struggled to get back on ever since. I always think that id be at goal by now if I hadn't messed about so much :( but then again I've lost 3 stone so all isn't lost!!

We have decided today to stick to CD 100% for another month or so, maybe until ive got another stone and half off and then switch to Weight Watchers. I think OH is getting fed up of not being allowed to cook haha. My CDC also suggested swapping to WW or SW when we get close to goal as it helps with reintroducing food and maintaining.

I have posted this on another thread but then thought I should start posting on this thread so here it is...........

What times do you have your Shakes?

I was thinking that having my first shake at 11:00 that's just before lunch time ( I work in a nursery) so the kids don't keep asking me questions. Then another 1 just before I cook my kids dinner. Then last one when my girls are in bed. Hopefully this will keep me focussed.

Hello!!

I'm Rhi, age 25 from Staffs. I'm a probation officer, and have 2 dogs and a wonderful OH. I love my job, my house and my wonderful friends.

I DO NOT love myself!! I've been overweight since my mid-teens, before that I was probably a size 8, however my slightly overweight mother never had a healthy relationship with food, and unfortunately it rubbed off on me!! I'm greedy and don't know when to stop, plus junk food is like a dirty secret for me, so I eat in strealth mode, binging when alone.

I've tried every diet under the sun, SW is mg favourite, and I an maintain brilliantly on if (just a shame I found this out when trying to lose!!), WW is my least favourite (like a cult!!). CD is the one which works best and WILL give me results. I tried it about 2 year ago, did a month and lost a stone, gave up. Came back to it in Feb this year, had an amazing first month, 20lbs down, have been a bit lost ever since but have re-started today, and am raring to go. 5lbs to go to get to my lowest ever adult weight.

I do a mixture of SS and SS+, although some days end up more of an 810. I'm aiming for 'a consistent loss' until OH's brother's wedding on 30th July, when I'm DETERMINED not to be the fat in-law!! I'm not putting specific weight/loss targets on myself, just a loss will do.

I'm really looking forward to seeing us all make our way to skinnyville, a lot of your into posts have struck a chord with me!! Were all in the same boat, if we can support each other we can get this bad boy rowing!!

:)

My name is Sam, I'm 32 and have spent most my adult life dieting, decided to do CD because I think the fast weight loss will get me to a size 10-12 that I've been trying to get to and I just get disheartened cos it takes so long!
I am determined to do it this time and get to my goal of 10 Stone.
This is my first time on CD and I want to give it 100% and hopefully with the help and support of you guys I can do it .
Good luck everybody, I cant wait to start tomorrow.

the children still have lots of easter eggs left,i only really like them after they have been in the fridge,so have put them in the cupboard where i cant see them,hope fully they will be gobbled up shortly!
once im in ketosis,im not that bothered by food,apart from the dreaded totm,then im like a loony about chocolate!
im planning on cooking things i dont really like much for the rest of the week,then hopefully i will be in ketosis when its the weekend,so will be feeling stronger anyway.
i really want this to be the last time i do this,and i really feel that it will be.x
Does being in ketosis stop most people wanting food? I hope so that will be great, good idea about the eggs my kids eggs are all in the fridge and I like them when they are cold. Think I'll go and take them out!

Why? Why? Smoked salmon and cream cheese, followed by a bag of crisps, a creme egg (which my phone just corrected to crime! Lol!) And a packet of chocolate viennese biscuits... that's like 1700 cals, right there.... its cos I'm so bored of all this work! Xxxx

Why? Why? Smoked salmon and cream cheese, followed by a bag of crisps, a creme egg (which my phone just corrected to crime! Lol!) And a packet of chocolate viennese biscuits... that's like 1700 cals, right there.... its cos I'm so bored of all this work! Xxxx

oh no, that doesn't sound good. Nevertheless forget it now. My CDC always encouraged me to drink an extra litre with a cheat to "flush out" any baddies. Not sure if it actually helps in any way, but worth a go.

We all have bad days hun, just start again and think of all the reasons you're doing this diet. It's no good torturing yourself and having a huge binge. In future try and make sure you have ss+ things to hand so that if you're having a hungry "need to eat" day you can eat and not feel terrible for noshing on all the high calorie foods. I always have chicken in the freezer and green veggies. It's my lifeline shelf! lol

x x x

Awww what a lovely post thank you. I'll pop some water retention tablets tmrw and it should be ok... got a week.until wi, and tmrw is a busy day so hopefully will get on track with all areas of my life... xxx

sparklychar said:

Chin up hun, tomorrow's a new day! Plus the salmon and cheese isn't tooooo bad? Jay crisps choc an bicces really. Don't concentrate tooo hard on calories, I know CD is a VLCD, but it's more the carb thing that mostly affects weight loss. If you're hungry (or even if you just want some naughties/a binge!!) choose meat/fish/eggs/veggies, even cheese, and you shouldn't see too much difference on the scales. Just don't do it every day!! :)

But seriously, don't worry, we all do it! Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Well here goes. It's my start day today. I'm at a first aid course. We are having a coffee break, everyone's eating biscuits. I haven't had a shake yet, but I've drunk 1ltr of water so far. Going to have my shake at 12:30. Feeling ok, just a bit cold.

We all feel the cold thing! Go you resisting the biscuits! Xxx

hi all great idea i'm on here 3 or 4 times a day to stop me thinking about food so it will be nice to have someone to chat to.
i'm michelle i'm 31 and mum of 2 girl 9 and boy 2. we live in derbyshire with my husband and dog.
i to like most of you have been on a diet most of my life. I started sw when I was 18 and I was in a size 10 (mad ay) if i'd of never started I would be fine. I have done lots of different diets but had the most sucess with sw last year I lost 3 stone and regained 2 the year before I lost 2.5 stone and regained and more and a couple of years before that I did the same can you see a patteren. I lose it fast and regain it fast. my problem is I get bored when the weight starts to slow down and I always had a treat day which turned into a weekend then more.
so I thought with cd cause its quick I won't get bored. I'm just nervous about maintaining but think i'm learning things about my habits which will help.
secertly hoping to be at target for end of july when I go on hols thats 2 and half stone ish away.
weigh in tommorrow and i'm hoping to get below my 12's so I need to lose 1.5lbs today (big ask I know) I weigh daily.

Just started my first day today, I've drunk 1 and 1/2 litres of water so far and eaten my porridge ( which I thought was revolting) do any of you guys like the porridge ?I must say i wont be buying that again!!

I've got that cold thing too.

Just going to make a shake!!
Not sure which flavour though I do hope it will taste nice after my porridge I deserve something better ha ha!

Can I join too????

I'm on week 9 of SS but struggling a bit over the last few days.

Well, I'm Laura, 28 (almost 29!) Mummy to Keira who is 5 and Finley who is 3. I have been with my man, Ian for almost 14 years (1st loves!) and for the whole of my adult life and a lot of my childhood I have been on a diet :(

I really need to get out of the cheating side of things. I have lost massive amount of weight but find myself picking everyday now and tiny bits of food but still it's cheating and I don't want to cheat!

As my goal present, we are booking our wedding so I HAVE to do this and would appreciate ANY help I can get! xx

Just started my first day today, I've drunk 1 and 1/2 litres of water so far and eaten my porridge ( which I thought was revolting) do any of you guys like the porridge ?I must say i wont be buying that again!!

I've got that cold thing too.

Just going to make a shake!!
Not sure which flavour though I do hope it will taste nice after my porridge I deserve something better ha ha!

I only like the maple and pecan porriage

how's everyone doing?

i have had 2 shakes and 3.5ltrs of water so far. I am feeling the cold thou.

Hello ladies!!

Well done @emmalou!! I've not been so good, two products, and lots of water, then got a headache and succumbed to pikelets. Bums!! Just off to zumba to punish myself!! Hope you've all done better than me!!

Back