Kerrie's Core Diary

KerrieW

Morning all,

Hope everyone is having a good day (at least it's almost Friday right?). Thought I would start a diary of how things are going as I'm almost finishing up my first 2 weeks of Core. This week has gone well although I have had a couple of little treats this week (all pointed though) and I guess they would count as snacks which I suppose is a bit naughty on Core as fruit is really meant to be what you reach for. Last night had a lovely tea. Wednesday night is when my research group has a lab meeting and traditionally afterwards my OH picks me up and we get takeout because it's quite late. Plus yesterday I was really stressed out as I had my PhD second year assessment. However we bypassed the greasy takeout chips and I made the Core recipe chunky chips, veggie sausages and beans. I was fully expecting the chips to be glorified wedges and not great but OMG they were good especially with vinegar! The only downside is I don't think my motives were great - after a stressful day I was definately use food as a comfort blanket and I was paying no attention to my full-up signal because I was enjoying it too much. So I guess I need to think about that a bit - nothing wrong with having that meal again but shouldn't be a solution to stress and it's so important on Core to understand when you are full or you could gorge all day.

So tonight we'll be having tuna steaks and baked potatoes plus I am going to a spinning class again then I have a BodyCombat class tomorrow. Food today has so far been cornflakes and skimmed milk plus my actimel drink for breakfast. For lunch I have got fruit plus carrots and cottage cheese which shoud do nicely. I may have a banana pre-gym if my tum is grumbling. I am hoping for a nice loss this week to keep my motivation nice and high.

Anyway, hopefully I will keep up with this diary as I think it could be quite helpful to write stuff down and clear out my head a bit!

Kerrie x

Back