kerry katona on This Morning!

I caught the clip on youtube and got to say that the people at This Morning would have been aware of how she was before she was put on air. Personally I think love her or loathe her they have exploited her. They knew that if she appeared as she did that it would spark a debate and media frenzy. I think anyone with an addiction should be treated carefully, with compassion and with a lot more thought. We on here are addicts.. food is our addiction or we wouldnt be here.

ive just seen it on u tube and i feel sorry 4 her it was grim...that husband of hers should never have let her go on tv ...wat was he thinkin of ...idiot...also the tv people should not of let her appear ..as was said above.. no doubt it will be all ova the papers 2morrow

Can i just throw a spanner in the works?
I watched the mtv show and she always talks like that!
She didnt in I'm a celeb so i reckon its the medication!
I feel sorry for her to be honest. Shes only human after all and no matter how much money or no money you have, if you dont like yourself, then nothing that you do can make you feel better.
x

I have just watched the interview and I have to say I will reserve judgment if she is on drugs or not.I remember seeing her on Johnathan Ross a few months back and her bottom jaw was all over the place then but nobody mentioned it.Maybe it is her medication??
Her manager should be ashamed of himself letting her go on tv in such a state and the same goes for Mark too.
She seemed quite shocked and offended when Philip said she was slurring her words maybe she dosen't know she is doing it!!
I will say that I am a fan of hers after watching her in the jungle and I have caught a few episodes of her reality series. I do not like Mark at all I think he is a money grabber and very patronising.
If it does turn out that she is on drugs I hope she gets help.

I've just had a look (on Youtube) at some previous interviews she gave last year and she was not speaking like she did in today's interview. She sounded perfectly normal and as I remembered her from I'm a Celebrity.

There is definitely something wrong, be it the effects of medication, drink, drugs, or whatever. She does not need to be paraded on TV like some freakshow. Sorry, it's just seeing the difference a year makes...

AJ

Im sorry but while I have sympathy for her... the state shes in is her own doing... she CHOSE to do drugs, she CHOSE the lifestyle she has. Shes an adult making her own decisions.

I do hope she gets the help she clearly needs but and if this makes me sound callous then so be it, but the majority of my sympathy will be for people in situations they cant control. Kerry has made and squandered millions of pounds. She was declared bankrupt recently yet still managed to spend £15000 on cosmetic surgery! How many of us in the future would love cosmetic surgery in the form of a tummy tuck etc but will have to hope and pray our GPs will support us, or shell out money ourselves yet she gets £15000 handed to her, along with no doubt obscene amounts of money for her photo shoots and shes in every gossip magazine this week too... doubt that will be for free either.

Im sorry but while I have sympathy for her... the state shes in is her own doing... she CHOSE to do drugs, she CHOSE the lifestyle she has. Shes an adult making her own decisions.

it's easy to say that she CHOSE, but i think from her upbringing, etc. she appears to be a very vulnerable person, so although she's an adult she may not have the lifeskills of a normal adult....and therefore leads a very disfunctional life.

i personally believe she has a cocaine addiction and from todays footage there were plenty of signs of cocaine use, including the belief/shock that her behaviour was 'normal'

i don't think she will get help as her husband appears to be very controlling over her....oh yeah and her manager is max clifford - enough said! ...and if the media says she is getting help it will probably be some bull**** from max clifford to cover her back. after all that's how he's made his millions.

I could be wrong but I think the surgery was paid for by a magazine. In the interview she does seem VERY intoxicated whether by drugs or alcohol, she should have not been allowed to represent herself under the influence. Her agent is Soley to blame for this.

Can I just add here, that I don't think This Morning can be blamed for exploiting her. Firstly she was late arriving at the studio...this was pointed out at the begining of the show and when the camera zoomed in on her she had literally just arrived and sat down and so I don't think anyone had actually had a chance to speak to her and see what was going on. Secondly, she was there to promote herself, her new show and perfume. Surely it was up to her to present herself as best she can, she chose to go on the show and like someone else said, if that is a side effect of prescribed drugs, then something perhaps should have been said beforehand.
Personally, her reaction to being 'accused' of drinking spoke volumms, I'm afraid.

Sam
xxx

I do not blame someone else for making me eat cream cakes, thats my decision and mine alone!!!

xxx

EXACTLY!!!!

And whatever our addiction, be it food, drink, drugs or alcohol we're the ones who CHOOSE to put things in our body... noone forces us, noone holds a gun to hour head... We CHOOSE to for what ever reason.

And whoever paid for her surgery I think its disgusting that shes being given money hand over fist when she has several £100k worth of cars in the drive. Her surgery is pure vanity.. how many people who actually really need it for cosmetic reasons cant get it...

I agree with lentil2.

Whilst I know very little about Kerry Katona, I do believe that something that is true of all of us is that we should be responsible for our actions and our decision. I can't say with any certainty that she was p*ssed or on meds or a combination or that her behaviour was unusual for her as I've never seen her on tv before watching the clip on youtube.

If it is true that she has abused drugs and that she has addiction problems then whilst she should receive care and treatment she should also accept her responsibility for this. I actually have no problem with people eating, smoking, drinking, injecting, inhaling etc anything they like provided that they do not inflict this decision upon anybody else unless that person is also willing and of sound mind to make that decision. So she could be off her face on coke 24/7 for all I care provided that that is what she wants but evidently she has children and therefore it is her responsibility to be capable of looking after them and to make sure that they are not exposed to her problems too (i.e they start drinking or get their hands on her meds).

I don't care if you are totally overweight and eat whatever you want but I do think that we should all be careful of our weight if we have people relying on us/people that would suffer if our eating were to injure/kill us. The same can be said of drinking, I don't care if you are permanently drunk but if you then get behind the wheel of a car then you are going to expose other people to your inebriation and I believe that that is a terrible, terrible crime.

So whilst there is an amount of sympathy for this woman from me, unless she is totally innocent and on meds as she claims (how would I know either way? no one would) then she is a disgrace. I think so called celebrities get far too much grace from society because for some insane reason people on mass seem to think they are better than normal people. If she does suffer from some problem of addiction she should be treated by health professionals and not paraded around like a monkey in a zoo.

Emerald
X

Following that interview GMTV are doing an exclusive piece on the rise and fall of Kerry Katona this morning (Thursday)

I have read everyones posts and viewed the interview and I neither like nor loath kerry, but we do not know anything about her except what the media has told us. When she tells us herself noone seems to believe her anyway. We know she is bipolar and has been through a tough time, who are we to sit in judgement of her. She is trying to make a living to support her kids, yes she spends money on trying to keep her husband (we only know that because of what we read in the press) but can any of us, hand on heart say we have never done something similar be it allowing someone to treat us less than we deserve or having splurged money on them or whatever with someone that we love and have tried to hold on to. We are fortunate enough that we dont have to go public to earn our money, leave the girl alone if you cant say anything nice or supportive about her why say anything at all....

Reactions: Taz
It will be interesting to see GMTV this morning and get feedback about yesterday's show.

Looking at the wider picture, it seems like we have become used to seeing 'celebrities' living all aspects of their lives in public be it relationship issues or weight issues. Next time you are in the supermarket, have a look at the mass of 'celebrity' magazines sitting in rows. Their front pages are screaming out headlines and pictures about desperate wannabes.

This week I noticed one about the actress who played Sonya in Eastenders. Apparently she lost loads of weight recently and went to a size 10, however she's now put on 3 stone and is back to a size 16 and is very miserable.

Well, doesn't that sound familiar to many people on Minis.:(

I would hate to have my weight loss/gain shame story all over the press. It is bad enough to have to live with it in front of family, friends and workmates.

Anyway, ultimately we ARE responsible for what we do to ourselves, but I thank heavens that I have a family who looks out for me - I don't think Kerry does.

AJ

I totally agree with Charliegirl in that we only see of celebrities what the media want us to see. I remember a line from Katie Price on a clip of her program where she says "I don't edit the show". I think that was quite a poignant line as her message was 'you are only seeing what the editers find it more interesting to see'. Lets face it, would we watch a program that showed a couple who were happy all the time and show love and respect for each other all the time? No, it would be boring

I actually know a very close friend of Natalie Cassidy (Sonia from Eastenders) and can tell you that she is actually far happier now. She struggled a LOT to lose all of that weight and had a personal trainer with her nearly 24 hours a day!

Saw the TV footage on the news last night, felt very sad for her. I know she courts publicity for money etc but she has also opened herself to be exploited and she is naive, a willing target for press, family! Poor girl, fame/money has not given her happiness. :0(

Back