kers_pink - i will do this

kers_pink

Background
I have been overweight & been on "diets" since the age of 7 I remember being placed on a very strict diet at this age I don’t really come from the most positive family. I have tried weight watchers, scottish slimmers & even tried slimming world but only lasted a week just not for me.

Today
I live with the love of my life tina we have been together 5 years & i am desperate tpo have a baby which isnt easy being in a same sex relationship as it is never mind being overweight. I am fed up no confidence no self esteem ive been plodding along I have been doing scottish slimmers for past 6 months I have lost 1st 12lb which as I have still maintained this off kinda stuck in a rut so I had been offered xenical before & as they were out of stock everywhere lost the prescription. So I decieded to go back to the docs & got a prescription so that’s what I did 1 week ago I started taking xenical the only information I have had was that there is bad side effects which as I hadnt really been counting fat etc or following the rules at all I had horrendous side affects so I googled xenical & ended up here & thank god I did ….
So today 23/05/13 I weigh 20st 5lb

My goals

I will be updating everyday what I have eaten that day I always write it down anyway so putting it in a diary online
I will lose 1 stone if not more before 01//09/13 I go to florida this day
I will maintain on holiday
I will lose 7lb between 15/01/13 - 11/10/13 I will be leaving to go to chicago on the 11/10/13
More goals will be set as they come around
I will walk to work at least once a week

Any help & advice greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Hi & welcome.

Read the sticky it will tell you all you need to know to avoid side effects but the basics are no food with more than 5g fat per 100g, eat that way & you should be ok.

Xen is not a miracle but for me the fear of side effects kept me on the straight & narrow & after 4 months I stopped taking but continued to lose weight.

Good luck with your journey x

Hi & welcome.

Read the sticky it will tell you all you need to know to avoid side effects but the basics are no food with more than 5g fat per 100g, eat that way & you should be ok.

Xen is not a miracle but for me the fear of side effects kept me on the straight & narrow & after 4 months I stopped taking but continued to lose weight.

Good luck with your journey x

thank you lso much for taking the time to reply i am determined to do this :)

thank you so much for taking the time to reply you are doing amazingly xx

Aww Thankyou :) one thing i would suggest is sign up to MFP and track all your food on there so you know exactly how much cals/fat you are eating :) x

food from 23/05/13

Breakfast

granola with yoghurt

Lunch
ham sandwich veg soup

Dinner

pakora

Snacks

special k moments
grapes
straberries

i was feeling so good ready to start finished work at 5:30 all went out the window & i was utterly gutted at the the choice i made. We had to grab something quick as we were out n about but i couldnt decide what to have to picked pakora :( i know i know 1st day restarting i was so gutted i took a hissy fit with my other half obviously me feeling guilty & went to bed early in a mood. BUT..... NOT GIVING UP

i made a poor choice yesterday this will not happen again

New goal

7 days on my plan 100%

Breakfast

granola & yoghurt

Lunch

sandwich & soup ( cock-a-leekie) homemade

Dinner

grilled chicken salad & oven chips

Snacks
grapes , strawberries
skips

the most amazing thing happend yesterday my other half bought me a dress & as i am unsure at my size i got my normal size 26 & a 24 ... 26 to big (OMG) ... wait 24 to big shocked beyond shocked ...... so i try on my back up size 22 dress my sister borrowed me perfect fit i know that in jeans & tops etc that this might not be the case but what a boost this was i cant even begin to explain. we were at an engagement party & it was nice of people to notice my weight loss . soooo happy :)

Well done that's brilliant, it is always a real boost when people notice. Often better than what the scales say!!!!

Is your granola less than 5g per 100g if so which one do you get coz I would love to find one!!!

Well done.... It's always so nice to get a boost like that!

Well done on your loss so far! I hope you have great success with Orlistat - I've been taking it for almost 2 years now and have had no problems, except when I really asked for it by eating waaay too much fat, lol. :) xx

Is your granola less than 5g per 100g if so which one do you get coz I would love to find one!!!

Well done.... It's always so nice to get a boost like that!

hi kes the granola i use is called hawian crunch from asda theres other fruity bits in it but its 5.1% per 100g i only use 50g

:)

Breakfast

Yoghurt with fruit

Lunch

Tomato soup
Sandwich

Dinner

Rustic chicken (chicken veg & potatoes)

Snacks

Snack a jacks
3 ginger biscuits

On Sunday I walked race for life 5k with my mum who was diagnosed with breast cancer 1 year before I have never walked 5k in my life I done this in 1 hour 10mins I loved it I've also started walking to work which is amazing tomorrow is weigh in day :)

Back