ketones in urine

Loser85

Gold Member
Hi all have been offered a job with the nhs on condtion of references and a medical. Im thinking im going to have to be honest with them regarding the diet as they will find ketones in my urine sample. Would they find the diet a problem do you think? Im worried over this :(

Hi,
I dont think you should have to worry and tell them anything.If they ask you just say you follow a low carb diet. End off!! Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Thank you for replying. i posted this on the LT boards as i start next thurs but no ones answered :( had me in bits!

I would be honest with them if you want my opinion as if they find out you are hiding something it could affect your job offer. They will only be supportive about it. Look at this the positive way in that you are doing something about your weight and following a safe plan so there is nothing negative that they could say.

Honestly don't worry honey. I've worked in the NHS for years and for all the occupational health checks I've had done in the past I don't ever remember getting my urine tested anyway!

Good luck and please don't worry- they will probably pat you on the back!

Loser85, I wouldn't say anything as you aren't hiding anything! If they do mention it (which they probably wont as thats not what they're likely to be looking for) you just say you are on a low carb diet. Good luck with the job, you will be fine, promise. :)

Thanks everybody :)

Was just nervous as i know some people can be ignorant of these type of diets due to lack of information. If asked ill tell if not i wont bother.

Back