Ketosis already?

karenO

Step away from the chips!
Morning everyone.

Well as you know, yesterday was Day 1. It was tough but I'm pleased to say i made it, no cheating and took on 8 and a half pints of water :talk017:

I have a question though, last night at work I started to become aware of a really yack taste in my mouth. Also nearing the end of my shift i suddenly realised I didn't actually feel hungry (despite having felt ravenous all day)
So on a hunch, i tested my wee when i got home at a 3.30am, and lo & behold, the Ketostick turned pink :eek:

I wasn't expecting Ketosis til at least day 3, so is it possible this early? I feel really different today too, yesterday i was so hungry & headachey, this morning i just feel.....good :) (although there's nothing good about my breath right now :sign0137:)
Maybe its psychological? I'm not sure whether the fact that my day is quite long compared with the average, around 21 hours on the days i'm working (3hours sleep a night sucks lol), is having some sort of weird effect? :confused:

Dunno just wondering out loud & seeking your thoughts & wisdom :D

Blimey! I'm no expert but if the tester says you are in ketosis, then you must be in ketosis. Fantastic!

What on earth do you do that requires you to work 21 hours in one go? Surely that must break employment legislation?

k9
x

lol i dont actually go to "work" for 21 hours - i'm a stay at home mum by day then i work from 7pm til 3am. So my day starts at 6am when the children get up & I get to bed shortly after 3. Its week on, week off though so not as bad as it sounds :D

Blimmin eck, so i really probably maybe am in ketosis? wow lol

Will check again later in the day, just to see that i'm not hallucinating :rotflmao:

hey! well done for gettin thru day 1!
I was in ketosis by the morning of day 2 and couldnt quite believe but some people can take up to a week or more!! i think every1s body is different and every1 goes in at different times!!
Hope u have a great second day! Now ur in ketosis it will start to get easier day by day!!
Good luck!! x

Thats great Karen - well done!!

I buggered up yesterday evening so back to Day 1 for me, hopefully ketosis for the weekend.

Have a good Day 2 xx

That's great Karen:D

Yesterday was my day 1 too (re-start:eek:) and I have a yucky taste in my mouth so maybe I am there with you:D I will test when I get home and let you know.

Good luck with this first week - I can't wait to see your results:)

Take Care

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Lenny - will check back later to find out :)

Well done Karen,

Like others I've been naughty at weekend so am awaiting ketosis to drop by any.... minute..... now......(??)

Good luck with first week :)

Hi Karen

You are probably one of those lucky people (like me) who can go into Ketosois really quickly but be warned you can come out of it again just as quick! :rolleyes:

I see you are from Norfolk (me too). Which Councillor do you go to?

You have roughly the same to loose as me so I shall be looking to see how you are doing to give me encouragement to stick at it this time.

I lost 6 1/2 stone with LL 4 years ago but slowly it has mostly gone on again. I have toying with CD for about a year but last week went to a new Councillor and have stuck to SS for nearly a whole week now. My weigh in is tomorrow so fingers crossed for a good loss. ;)

Hi Karen

You are probably one of those lucky people (like me) who can go into Ketosois really quickly but be warned you can come out of it again just as quick!

Hi! Yes this thought did occur to me about an hour or so ago - double edged sword maybe lol.

I see you are from Norfolk (me too). Which Councillor do you go to?
I'm with Dan Reynolds - i'm in the Swaffahm area. How about you?

Keeping everything crossed for your weigh in tomorrow x

Yeah the stick turned pink!:p

No wonder I'm not hungry and I'm so cold.

Hope you are doing okay on day 2, I'm off out to take the dog for a quick walk.

Take care

Weigh in tonight and lost
9 lbs woohoo! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back