Ketosis Breath and water intake

SharonJayne1970

Silver Member
Just wanted to pick the brains of the CDCs that are here and you other guys too.

Last year I did LL and never had ketosis breath, I was paranoid about it so was constantly asking OH to check. I was definately in ketosis though cos my sticks were pink. Anyway was just wondering do you think the amount of water you drink affects the ketosis breath? I have always been a 4 to 6 litre a day girl.

Also I was under the impression that the sticks should be pale pink and that if they are really really dark you aren't drinking enough water, is this the case or have I got my facts muddled again?

Just wanted to pick the brains of the CDCs that are here and you other guys too.

Last year I did LL and never had ketosis breath, I was paranoid about it so was constantly asking OH to check. I was definately in ketosis though cos my sticks were pink. Anyway was just wondering do you think the amount of water you drink affects the ketosis breath? I have always been a 4 to 6 litre a day girl.

Also I was under the impression that the sticks should be pale pink and that if they are really really dark you aren't drinking enough water, is this the case or have I got my facts muddled again?

Good for you in avoiding the dragon breath.

Your right the darker it is means you need more water.

Hi Sharon

The more water you drink, the less likely you are to suffer from 'keto-breath' as more ketones (that you're breaking down from your fat cells) get excreted in your urine than via your lungs - which is the other way your body gets rid of them.

The ideal shade is to have a paler pink reading on your Ketostix. If it gets to the darker end, it would indicate that you are dehydrated and therefore not drinking enough water.

Good luck with your change to CD :)

I am on 5L of water a day - and as I sit here today I have manky ketosis breath!

My stick is the like a mid pink It's the 2nd one on the colour chart thingy, Is this ok or do I need to be the light pink colour? I'm drinking 3 litres plus black coffees throughout the day, should I be having more?

hi lisa marie,
im drinking 3litres a day and my stick is the very last colour on the stick :( I though i was drinking loads!! (then again i havent been drinking tea,coffe,or coke zero!!

Back